• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
Worst start of a new page ever.
BtVmr.gif

wait... I'm mad too. damnit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've always loved that purple pony..

Yoshichan

nilbog21 said:
rofl wtf is this real?
Yes sir! There's more where that came from.

nilbog21

Banned
lol steven u went to college to learn to play the saxophone.. leave history and politics to the rest of us. that made me cringe so hard

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
nilbog21 said:
lol steven u went to college to learn to play the saxophone.. leave history and politics to the rest of us. that made me cringe so hard
man those campus democrats are pretty hardcore in sax class.

Yoshichan

Wtf? Reading on this stream (Maximusblack) that Season 4 is tomorrow? Any truth to this?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hmm. have we gotten new ladder maps with ever reset? that might be an interesting way to start to see gsl/mlg maps cycled in for short ladder seasons.

Yoshichan

What the fuck? Did the latest patch change how the Not-enough-minerals-voice works? The music gets decreased... it's disorientating as fuck??

Deadly

Yoshichan said:
What the fuck? Did the latest patch change how the Not-enough-minerals-voice works? The music gets decreased... it's disorientating as fuck??
Yeah it's a new thing in the sound settings. It's at default 30%

Zen

Banned
Yeah, go to the bottom of the sound page and look for the bottom most toggle and turn it to 100%. It's annoying/disorienting and can actually fuck you up when you're missing key sounds because of 'NOT ENOUGH MINERALS'.

Yoshichan

Phew, thanks guys!

Yoshichan

Yep, at least they don't complain about balance.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
You havnt heard them talk about pony rankings...
Oh my god

Yoshichan

Ikuu said:
Funny how they look exactly how you would expect them to look.
Cute, attractive and like candy to the eye?

I was just informed that I suck because I decided to expand in PvP. Admittedly, I did lose to a bunch of zealots and some colossi, but I dont suck because I expanded. I suck because I did not make enough colossus to win the battle in spite of getting an expansion up and having a huge gas lead.

Screw you random internet guy! I know why I suck! If I had held your attack you would have been so far behind its not even funny!

EDIT: And Platinum Zerg players need to learn how to play past the 4 minute mark. Yes, I lost to a 7 pool that I didnt scout on Antiga Shipyard until too late, but then a 10 pool was spotted on shattered and surprise, a wall at my ramp with a cannon building and a zealot coming out is enough to make you GG. Fuck you Platinum Zerg. I just want to play a real game, lets hit tier 2 and duke it out in the middle, pretty please? Maybe see some muta harass and upgrades? We can macro up a second or third base and have a good 15 or 20 minute battle. Not a build order of D,D,D,D,SP,O,ZZZZZZZ,O,ZZZZZZZ. You`re so awesome.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Cella vs HayprO?

Clearly SlayerS isn't taking this seriously.
Shrug Cella could make Code A if he wasnt coaching much.

edit: its not cella, its sleep playing on cellas account I guess.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Zen said:
Yeah, go to the bottom of the sound page and look for the bottom most toggle and turn it to 100%. It's annoying/disorienting and can actually fuck you up when you're missing key sounds because of 'NOT ENOUGH MINERALS'.
Hmm I did this and I still get the alert voice at near 0% volume at times during the game.

Also I think im going to get demoted....sigh ;;

Yoshichan

Ok, so I just played another game against a zerg player in platinum. Scouted a 7 pool, immediately pulled my probe out and sent it to the farthest base from my own, hoping he would follow it and then send his lings there while I forge and then cannon my front door, though he followed it up with lots of drones and an expansion before producing any lings, which was odd. He then says gg at about the 6 minute mark (I respond gg?), when absolutely nothing has happened, and claims that I`ve won, while meanwhile we both have solid economies and absolutely no battles have occurred, aside from me losing my scouting probe and him losing a single ling to my cannon.

I respond with "we'll just see how it plays out", and the game goes on for another 7 or 8 minutes while I get my gates up, a healthy expansion and then a robo, make a few 4 zealot/4 stalker pushes (zealots die, stalkers pull back and then get a new wave of zealots to go again) bring a warp prism with my zealots and stalkers and some sentries, take the bottom hatch out, then hit the main just when his mutas are popping and annhilate them one or two at a time. (to which he ended with the classic gg, player has left the game trick, hoping it would work. Stupid ladder nonsense)

I feel like I played it all wrong though, aside from the initial response with the 12 gate (into forge into cannon wall at my front door once I scouted the early pool). I feel like getting 4 gates up and running after the delay caused by the forge and cannon took way too long, and he could have easily gone into some sneaky tech path while I was afraid to move out since I didnt know what was happening(baneling bust, quick mutas, big army of lings just waiting for me to make a mistake). I feel like the best response would have been going into robo and pumping an observer right away, though if he had decided to push I dont know that 1 gateway would have been enough to hold it off.

What would be a general recommendation on a proper response to scouting an early pool and then not seeing an attack, especially since I walled myself in in response? Robo into fast colossus, 3 gate sentries and take down my pylon, stargate tech? I just know that what I actually did in response felt very poorly executed and like it wasnt the right thing to do at all, regardless of whether I won or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom