• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainspot

Banned
can somebody please explain me, how come i've won 30+ matches so far [1v1 quick match] and still sitting my ass on 1st place in bronze league and didn't advance?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How many games have you lost before?
Who are you playing? Are you winning convincingly?
MMR can take a bit to jump around, especially if you placed into bronze.

You really should be bumped up soon though.

trainspot

Banned
Hazaro said:
How many games have you lost before?
Who are you playing? Are you winning convincingly?
MMR can take a bit to jump around, especially if you placed into bronze.

You really should be bumped up soon though.

Well it's like im winning 8 games in a row, then loosing 1.
Yes, its true and Im using lame cheese technique 6rax spam to win those games, but I want to advance and that is it.

MrKnives

trainspot said:
can somebody please explain me, how come i've won 30+ matches so far [1v1 quick match] and still sitting my ass on 1st place in bronze league and didn't advance?

Unless you won those +30 games in a row I don't get the problem. How many losses for that +30 wins?
Are you playing vs Silver or Gold players? Are you winning?
Just wait and win games ^^ Sometimes it just watches and evaluates you if you just keep winning until it sees where do you settle with 50-50 win ratio

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
trainspot said:
Well it's like im winning 8 games in a row, then loosing 1.
Yes, its true and Im using lame cheese technique 6rax spam to win those games, but I want to advance and that is it.
No time at all then. Give it a day or two, or whatever Blizzard does to decide when you rank up.

It might be continually adding to your MMR from your wins so it hasn't reached something it considers 'stable'.
If you are in Bronze and playing Diamonds it doesn't really matter either.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yep, you'll rank up eventually.

trainspot

Banned
i think, mot of the games are vs bronze, this quick match thing is stupid and useless.
What is MMR anyways? [forgive me the noob question]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
trainspot said:
i think, mot of the games are vs bronze, this quick match thing is stupid and useless.
"In addition to your points, there is also a hidden Matchmaking Rating"
"This rating decides which opponents you will meet, and tries to quantify your skill level. The aim of the MMR is to rank you in such a way that you have a roughly 50% win ratio when paired against those of similar MMR. You presumably start out with an MMR of the middle of the spectrum when starting your placement matches. When your MMR has averaged above or below a certain value over a number of recent games, you can be promoted or demoted. "

hamchan

trainspot said:

The quick match thing is brilliant imo. If you're really winning 8 times in a row then you should be vsing silver and golds by now. MMR is the matchmaking rating. It goes up when you win and goes down when you lose. It ranks you so eventually you should have a roughly 50% win rate.

trainspot

Banned
you can look for STYROPIAN for reference if you don't believe. Yesterday I actually [just checked] won 16 games in a row.
btw what is bonus pool?

Yoshichan

trainspot said:
you can look for STYROPIAN for reference if you don't believe. Yesterday I actually [just checked] won 16 games in a row.
btw what is bonus pool?
When a new season starts, bonus pool starts at 0. The bonus pool increases slowly if you don't play ladder games. When you win a game with bonus pool, you'll get more points.

Haunted

Vaporak said:
From what I understand the situation as, GOM has the broadcast rights for SC2 in Korea so OGN must have made a deal with GOM to broadcast WCG.
Nope, OGN has the WCG broadcasting rights, and these override the GOM exclusivity deal. They show whatever game is played at WCG.

Yoshichan said:
Can't open Youtube links... what is it :(?
MKP sitting topless on a beach, thanking his fans. Special shoutout to someone called "Yoschi" at the end, I think.

Yoshichan

Haunted said:
MKP sitting topless on a beach, thanking his fans.
Don't toy with my heart :(... he's not really topless, is he?

a176

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
tip for cheese makers: if you're going to cheese, it's best not to say much of anything outside of "glhf." Got a ZvZ on Shattered Temple and right as the game started the guy was like "my fingers were in ur mom's cunt!" Right then and there I knew I was dealing with some bullshit, so I 9 pooled; a risk because he'd probably beat my timing if we were in close positions. Luckily we were in cross map positions. He did the 6 pool+spine crawler shit, or tried but I stopped him.

Then he rage quit and I proceeded to troll him until he blocked me.

from?

trainspot

Banned
Yoshichan said:
When a new season starts, bonus pool starts at 0. The bonus pool increases slowly if you don't play ladder games. When you win a game with bonus pool, you'll get more points.

Now i'm 20-ish at that pool, so it's good right?
Every won match gives me like +20 to bonus pool. I thought when I finally reach 0, or negative value, i'll advance...

Yoshichan

trainspot said:
Every won match gives me like +20 to bonus pool. I thought when I finally reach 0, or negative value, i'll advance...
Wait, you don't get bonus pool by winning... and 20ish is a very low pool xD Me and my friend had like 300 bonus pool in 2v2 that we spent in less than 6 hours of 2v2ing.

hamchan

trainspot said:

You'll advance when your MMR stabalizes. Don't worry too much about the league stuff, you could be in bronze league vsing masters if your MMR just keeps going up.

Q8D3vil

trainspot said:
bonus pool increase with time and it got nothing to do with promotions.

by the way, if you played a lot of games it will take more time for the system to promote you.

example: someone with 50 games will be promoted much faster than someone with 200 games.

trainspot

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
bonus pool increase with time and it got nothing to do with promotions.

by the way, if you played a lot of games it will take more time for the system to promote you.

example: someone with 50 games will be promoted much faster than someone with 200 games.

Yeah, I get the quotion system.
Thanks guys ! Btw anybody has crazy-shit-tactics against toss [im terran]? Guys at work play the race and I want to show them who's the boss ^^

hamchan

trainspot said:
Well, I was thinking more of a longer game tactics instead of all-in...
I have 6rax all-in well trained so...

Well you did ask for "crazy-shit-tactics" and I gave you the currently most hated all-in. It'll be fun, don't worry :).

For longer game tactics I don't know what to recommend. Build a lot of ghosts, EMP everything then roll over him?

Haunted

trainspot said:
Well, I was thinking more of a longer game tactics instead of all-in...
I have 6rax all-in well trained so...
waaaaaaaaaaaaaait a sec here, I like this build! Gonna try it sometime today, yay thanks!

Btw is there any way to play multiplayer and choose opponent's race I want to confront?
Ha! That's what everyone secretly wants. Only play your good matchup. >_<

But no, you can't choose which race you face. Whoever's close to you in MMR and also searching for games at that moment.

trainspot

Banned
Haunted said:
Ha! That's what everyone secretly wants. Only play your good matchup. >_<

But no, you can't choose which race you face. Whoever's close to you in MMR and also searching for games at that moment.

So how exactly should I train TvP tactics? Against AI ?

MrKnives

trainspot said:
So how exactly should I train TvP tactics? Against AI ?

One way is doing custom games and leaving if it's not the race you want but that's kinda shitty way to go about it.
Best option is to just have friends to play with. Custom against a Protoss friend. TL has a practice partner database thread where you can find other people wanting to practice or just play us gaffers.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yvKDr.jpg

Yoshichan

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
well now i know somebody is gonna start posting alot on tl.net
Hugo motherfucking Tardiou, where have you been. >_>

ZvP is madness and my practice bro is nowhere to be found. You better be atleast grandmaster over there in eu.

Holden

Pandaman said:
Hugo motherfucking Tardiou, where have you been. >_>

ZvP is madness and my practice bro is nowhere to be found. You better be atleast grandmaster over there in eu.

No not grandmaster T.T i haven't been playing in a while (2-3 weeks or so, played like 2 games maybe) i wanted to play today but my ping was shitty so i gave up and watched TL attack. I relly wanna start palying again and it take it on a bit more serious degree, hopefully my ping will be better tomorow. so ya i ll play next week if i can.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corran Horn said:
I miss when he was zerg.

I miss Artosis playing Zerg.

Now that I think about it when Artosis played Zerg they were the weakest race. A few months after he switches, Toss becomes the weakest. Hrmmm, I think Artosis needs to switch to Terran now.

Holden

Corran Horn said:
Qualified for GSL as zerg. Couldnt win a game in NASL as Protoss (or maybe just a few games lol)

Lol artosis never casted before he got qualified, im sure he practiced his little nerdy ass so hard

nilbog21 said:
so in other words: now that pvz is incredibly easy, he's back.

im sorry u play like destiny, infestors don't counter everything now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
hamchan said:
Wow it's like you want him to be hated by everyone and fired.

If you want to impress you learn how to 1 rax fast expand (with no gas, or marauder and concussive shell) into 3 or 4 rax. Learn to deflect the first Protoss push and then you walk in like a boss and hit stim to win. ezpz
If that doesnt work try it again when you have medivacs.
Then again when you have 1-1 and ghosts.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corran Horn said:
Next 3 days off...time to play some sc2!

...I have a feeling ill be just watching streams...

Play...Starcraft?

Preposterous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom