• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman02

platinum-1.jpg

I never thought I'd get this high considering this is my 1st PC game, much less RTS. I was content being gold for life. I'm almost positive I'll never make diamond though.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Dooraven said:
I'm liking this strat talk in SOTG, been missing it for a while.
i'd like it if day9 stopped talking shit while everyone else plunged their face into their hands.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ghst said:
day9 suggesting protoss start utilizing 10 minute sentry pushes.

does he know what a sentry is/does?
Shrug MC did destroy July with this strat.

Its kinda old tho, I do it from time to time and gets some easy wins along with a 6gate backing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hahaha Artosis tearing up that tournament.
No Koreans in a Korean tournament in Korea. Awesome.
Dooraven said:
EMP says hi ><
No one flanks in this game so you can only blame yourself if you die.

BigAT

Birdman02 said:
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/B1rdman02/platinum-1.jpg[IMG]

I never thought I'd get this high considering this is my 1st PC game, much less RTS. I was content being gold for life. I'm almost positive I'll never make diamond though.[/QUOTE]
Congrats Bird! Don't give up, I thought I'd never make diamond when I hit platinum, but then it eventually happened.

fanboi

Banned
Zerg players, since the patch have you tried mutas vs P more?

I have noticed if you just get a X amount (like 20) you will make the P run around in circles and not able to commit to an attack.

Then you just mass lings with upgrades and go for BL and kill him.

EDIT: Weak against timing attacks of course.

EDIT2: You also forces the P to go gateway units (mostley) which you can then use hydras if you tech switch, depending on play style ofc.

MrKnives

fanboi said:
Zerg players, since the patch have you tried mutas vs P more?

I have noticed if you just get a X amount (like 20) you will make the P run around in circles and not able to commit to an attack.

Then you just mass lings with upgrades and go for BL and kill him.

EDIT: Weak against timing attacks of course.

EDIT2: You also forces the P to go gateway units (mostley) which you can then use hydras if you tech switch, depending on play style ofc.

Mutas went out of style because timing pushes before mutas killed it quite easily. Don't know if anything has changed really, except that Protoss players are more afraid of doing them.
When you get that flock up it gets hard though. Best thing I know against that is just turtle more, take 3rd if you can and go storm and attack. Shouldn't it be even worse now because Archons can actually fuck mutas up.

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
Mutas went out of style because timing pushes before mutas killed it quite easily. Don't know if anything has changed really, except that Protoss players are more afraid of doing them.
When you get that flock up it gets hard though. Best thing I know against that is just turtle more, take 3rd if you can and go storm and attack. Shouldn't it be even worse now because Archons can actually fuck mutas up.

Yeah, maybe I play on to low level, but since P has been used to "Sit in base get deathball move out" this make so that they have to react.

And you can deny third if you get your flock of mutas.
Also, Archons do fuck em up but just run away or do magic box, key is to initally do some eco dmg then just make so he stays in base.

Then if I see an to large pack of units you can transision into infestor play aswell, its just that Colossus rape my gameplan so hard now since I relied on NP

I mostly used mutas before the patch anyway. Just make sure you don't skimp on the spines and try to keep the protoss on his toes using your lings (you'll able afford heaps). I actually often like to get a baenling nest to deal with pressure with the protoss.

Probably the thing i hate the most is when they get lots of early pheonix.

I'm trying to develop into ultra transitions because i already have all the ling up grades and with the buff it just makes sense.

Be prepared to see a lot of BM. Protoss constantly insult me on the ladder because i attack early with lings and also because i build mutas. There seems to be this attitude that if you win with or even use mutas in pvz you're bad.

fanboi

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
I mostly used mutas before the patch anyway. Just make sure you don't skimp on the spines and try to keep the protoss on his toes using your lings (you'll able afford heaps). I actually often like to get a baenling nest to deal with pressure with the protoss.

Probably the thing i hate the most is when they get lots of early pheonix.

I'm trying to develop into ultra transitions because i already have all the ling up grades and with the buff it just makes sense.

Be prepared to see a lot of BM. Protoss constantly insult me on the ladder because i attack early with lings and also because i build mutas. There seems to be this attitude that if you win with or even use mutas in pvz you're bad.

None have been BM so far atleast...
And yes, Stargate opening quite denies that type of play.

And I like to get BL since I have the spire and I make upgrades on air when I get so many mutas.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
AdventureRacing said:
Be prepared to see a lot of BM. Zerg constantly insult me on the ladder because i attack early with Reapers and also because i build Tanks. There seems to be this attitude that if you win with or even use Tanks in tvz you're bad.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Q8D3vil

metagaming is awesome, a while ago it was extremely hard for terran to do 1 rax expo then 111 came and protoss start doing doing fe build so 1 rax expand became easier even though builds like 4 gate and 3 gate kills it right away.

the current pvz metagame is favoring zerg to the point you see them returning to 15 hatch.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
metagaming is awesome, a while ago it was extremely hard for terran to do 1 rax expo then 111 came and protoss start doing doing fe build so 1 rax expand became easier even though builds like 4 gate and 3 gate kills it right away.

the current pvz metagame is favoring zerg to the point you see them returning to 15 hatch.

Should I get on this. 15 hatch would be cool, except that one time they open forge. I do hope warp prism will bring some flare to the matchup.
All hail SaGe

Also reading "6 pool is overpowered" thread on TL makes me cringe.

Dooraven

I agree with the person that said it's only overpowered on 4 player maps because of the luck of scouting. Which is the same with proxy two rax/gate, (though no rax/gate in base should be obvious).

Tntnnbltn

syllogism said:
DRG took it too seriously and it's just not the same when hotbid can't properly troll due to the player not being fluent in English
They needed to give him more limitations. e.g. not allowed to build lings, roaches, hydras or mutas.

Went 4 from 6 today after going 4 from 5 yesterday and im starting to face masters players again.

I actually managed to win a 35 minute game against a terran using broodlords which is basically the first time i have ever built them. He went mech and i went burrowed roaches and i actually thought it was a really fun match.

Besides that i've mostly just been raping protoss.

maybe that's just the culinary snob in me speaking, but I'd rather eat a regular Sacher Torte instead of something that looks like that... handed to me by a guy that looks like... I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom