• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
what are they doing, that immortal allin i've been hearing about?
warp prism all ins all around, i guess they finally realized how good warp prism is since you don't have to invest anything beside 200 minerals and when i split my army they attack from another angle or warping units from warp prism.

i need to learn to play with bio now, thats the only way because mech is extremely weak against this kind of play.

i will be training on 2 rax/1 rax expand into bio in the coming days, i guess its time for me to learn how to play terran properly.

Holden

ya warpprism are pretty dumb, 60hp was to much, 1 armor was all it needed. But i guess 60 hp is better, i'm not gonna complaing ;D

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
ya warpprism are pretty dumb, 60hp was to much, 1 armor was all it needed. But i guess 60 hp is better, i'm not gonna complaing ;D
yeah, you really shouldn't :p

its not only that, protoss was scarred as fuck when they see gas (111 trolol) but now with the immortal range its pretty easy to stop it with focus fire 9unless u are korean lol :p) so they are playing more offensive now so its harder for terran to expand. in other world metagame is shifting.

and for some reasons i get taldarim cross position a lot in tvp.

Holden

devil get out of the dota2 invite thread, you have no passion in dota, only me and ksan from sc2gaf should be in there! >:O

edit : i hate you Shallnoiseupon

Holden

does anybody know why my ping just go really high when i play ( causes delay ) then sundelly drop when im done? mind = blown

zargle

Switching up inane topics -

Hellions: automatic transmission, manual transmission, or so futuristic they dont need transmission?

867-5309 said:
Switching up inane topics -

Hellions: automatic transmission, manual transmission, or so futuristic they dont need transmission?

They obviously don't use gas, so they're probably electrical. Which means more than likely they don't have a transmission.

Dooraven

Actually while we're on the topic of random topics what do you guys think of this idea:

* EMP can no longer hit air.

Reasoning: Now we all know that the Ghosts v HT battle is favoured towards ghosts (pretty heavily), however I don't really feel like that a ghost nerf is the best solution to fix PvT (I bet zergs would rather see the ghost nerf however lol) as it only limits options. However, with this modification I think it could produce some interesting micro battles with pheonix v marine/ghost/viking in PvT. And motherships might have some niche role in PvT now lol.

Basically affected units:

Protoss:

Pheonix
Mothership
Carrier
VR
Observer
Warp Prism

Terran:
Raven
BC

Zerg:
Err? None I guess.

Soo opinions?

Q8D3vil

Actually while we're on the topic of random topics what do you guys think of this idea:

* EMP can no longer hit air.

Reasoning: Now we all know that the Ghosts v HT battle is favoured towards ghosts (pretty heavily), however I don't really feel like that a ghost nerf is the best solution to fix PvT (I bet zergs would rather see the ghost nerf however lol) as it only limits options. However, with this modification I think it could produce some interesting micro battles with pheonix v marine/ghost/viking in PvT. And motherships might have some niche role in PvT now lol.

Basically affected units:

Protoss:

Pheonix
Mothership
Carrier
VR
Observer
Warp Prism

Terran:
Raven
BC

Zerg:
Err? None I guess.

Soo opinions?
i stated my opinion before, if they want to make the game more interesting they should add +1 range to feedback and make it only take 100 energy.
seems fair to me because it won't effect the ghost in tvz (ht will still kill infestor in 1 feedback).

nilbog21

Banned
Guys lets all agree now that if one of us gets a dota 2 key it needs to be shared with me. Glad we can all be reasonable about this

ultron87

Q8D3vil said:
i stated my opinion before, if they want to make the game more interesting they should add +1 range to feedback and make it only take 100 energy.
seems fair to me without because it won't effect the ghost in tvz (ht will still kill infestor in 1 feedback).

That would make it unable to kill Medivacs and nerf it a lot versus Thor and Battlecruiser.

Not that HTs were ever the biggest counter for those units anyway.

Q8D3vil

ultron87 said:
That would make it unable to kill Medivacs and nerf it a lot versus Thor and Battlecruiser.

Not that HTs were ever the biggest counter for those units anyway.
exactly, it will be the first "real balance" in sc2 if they implemented it.
but its not like Koreans like mech against protoss anyway so it won't effect the match up at the highest level.

Holden

the whole balance problem with this game is the warp gate mechanic, it makes protoss have to many penalties or else they would be way to strong; Removing it and buffing gateway units would make this game sooooooooo much better

oh and just remove the collosus, i don't want it

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
seems fair to me because it won't effect the ghost in tvz (ht will still kill infestor in 1 feedback).

It would change since you then almost never would be able to throw down FG since beam of fucking light comes down and kill your infestors

Deadman

Hugoboss21 said:
the whole balance problem with this game is the warp gate mechanic, it makes protoss have to many penalties or else they would be way to strong; Removing it and buffing gateway units would make this game sooooooooo much better

oh and just remove the collosus, i don't want it

yep. forces gateway units to be really weak or they would be broken.

also make ghosts cost 200 gas.

Dooraven

Increasing FB range would make it a bit too powerful v infestors tbh. And yeah the warp in mechanic and forcefeilds basically broke protoss tier one. But is the EMP change viable and is it a good idea?

fanboi

Banned
I wouldn't say that their are a singel mechanic/unit/thingy that have broken the game.

The win % is god damn close in every matchup, if it was broken it would be extremly onesided

ultron87

fanboi said:
I wouldn't say that their are a singel mechanic/unit/thingy that have broken the game.

The win % is god damn close in every matchup, if it was broken it would be extremly onesided

Warp In has a large degree of impact on the rest of the game. It's the reason that Toss tier 1 units are generally garbage by themselves anywhere past the early game.

Holden

4MtZQ.png

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Increasing FB range would make it a bit too powerful v infestors tbh. And yeah the warp in mechanic and forcefeilds basically broke protoss tier one. But is the EMP change viable and is it a good idea?
so nerfing 200 minerals 100 gas the most expensive caster is the real answer ?

i have yet to know what is broken about ghost.......
its a good support unit but nothing else.....

ultron87

Q8D3vil said:
i have yet to know what is broken about ghost.......
its a good support unit but nothing else.....

It's only good against everything. :p

mescalineeyes said:
If only you guys practiced half as much as trying to brainstorm ideas how to fix a game that relies 99% on mechanics an 1% luck at your level.

sigh.

Brainstorming is stress free.

I've never once claimed that I personally lost a game due to imbalance. I realize that I am and always will be terrible.

Had my first run in with a Toss complaining about balance post-1.4. He went 3 Gate expand so I went +1 ling, destroyed the expansion right as it finished then I double expanded (Xel Naga Caverns: third behind the rocks, 4th at gold). He finally got his second up and went heavy Immortal/Stalker against Roach/Infestor. He actually killed a lot of my army but I just had too much shit.

After that battle he stayed for 10 more minutes complaining about infinite Zerg power, how I could remake my army at will, etc; nothing specific, just crying. I sniped his third with Brofesters and he rage quit

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Q8D3vil said:
warp prism all ins all around, i guess they finally realized how good warp prism is since you don't have to invest anything beside 200 minerals and when i split my army they attack from another angle or warping units from warp prism.

i need to learn to play with bio now, thats the only way because mech is extremely weak against this kind of play.

i will be training on 2 rax/1 rax expand into bio in the coming days, i guess its time for me to learn how to play terran properly.
Yeah it's sad that it needed to be buffed for people to actually notice. smh

Holden

played 2 games today ( 2 first games of 1.4 ), won both. Saw one warpprism, sent 1 voidray, never saw that warpprism never again lol ;) and damn immortals have a big range O.O. Unless i can't fix my wierd as connection issues, im gonna have to stay in EU... i just have no clue what's wrong with my internet...

is there any possible way to see where all my connection is being used at?

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:
played 2 games today ( 2 first games of 1.4 ), won both. Saw one warpprism, sent 1 voidray, never saw that warpprism never again lol ;) and damn immortals have a big range O.O. Unless i can't fix my wierd as connection issues, im gonna have to stay in EU... i just have no clue what's wrong with my internet...

is there any possible way to see where all my connection is being used at?

Do a tracerouce just to see where it goes wrong and just how badly

Open your cmd and write 'tracert us.logon.battle.net > C:\tracert.txt'
Leave out the C:\tracert.txt if you don't want to save the results.
Post here.

jasonng

mescalineeyes said:
If only you guys practiced half as much as trying to brainstorm ideas how to fix a game that relies 99% on mechanics an 1% luck at your level.

sigh.
I think venting and ranting is a healthy component in playing this game. Whether it's your fault or not, you will lose games and no one likes to lose. Period. Obviously the positive route is to learn from it and use that frustration to get better, I will never argue against that point. But without bitching and letting go of that rage (especially in regards to balance), you can't stay positive should you continue to keep playing.

I'm always lighthearted when it comes to me QQing and if I can't have fun whining about x and y then starcraft wouldn't be as fun and there would be nothing to talk about between gaffers except for waffles and ponies. Of course I get the nerd rages but I've gotten a lot better with it and I'm thankful to have a forum like this to help me. And for the record, I always blame myself for a lose before I say it's an imbalanced issue.

Holden

MrKnives said:
Do a tracerouce just to see where it goes wrong and just how badly

Open your cmd and write 'tracert us.logon.battle.net > C:\tracert.txt'
Leave out the C:\tracert.txt if you don't want to save the results.
Post here.

thx for helping

Tracing route to us.logon.battle.net [12.129.206.130]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 2 ms 7 ms neufbox [192.168.1.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 39 ms 28 ms 29 ms 13.151.17.93.rev.sfr.net [93.17.151.13]
4 29 ms 28 ms 54 ms 117.220.65.86.rev.sfr.net [86.65.220.117]
5 33 ms 35 ms 38 ms 113.220.65.86.rev.sfr.net [86.65.220.113]
6 42 ms 70 ms 62 ms 217.232.64.86.rev.sfr.net [86.64.232.217]
7 31 ms 38 ms 30 ms 170.29.3.109.rev.sfr.net [109.3.29.170]
8 77 ms 66 ms 62 ms prs-b2-link.telia.net [213.248.98.101]
9 73 ms 42 ms 43 ms prs-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.245.32]
10 126 ms 154 ms 170 ms ash-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.251.102]
11 138 ms 135 ms 161 ms 192.205.36.133
12 204 ms 199 ms 219 ms cr2.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.220.250]
13 209 ms 209 ms 200 ms cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.18.21]
14 199 ms 189 ms 195 ms cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.85]
15 266 ms 222 ms 200 ms cr1.slkut.ip.att.net [12.122.30.25]
16 202 ms 199 ms 200 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.30.30]
17 244 ms 192 ms 226 ms gar4.lsrca.ip.att.net [12.122.104.89]
18 191 ms 222 ms 189 ms 12-122-254-226.attens.net [12.122.254.226]
19 200 ms 196 ms 197 ms 12.129.193.242
20 * 12.129.211.34 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom