• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
a176 said:
he cant even qualify for code a now
Neither could DRG for the longest time...

Don't disrespect BoxeR, not only have him and his team shown us some of the most entertaining games ever, without him sc2 might not even exist at all.

fanboi

Banned
a176 said:
u serious?

According to many, he is.

Well, since it's Blizzard, we would get another itterition, but it wouldn't have been as big as it is now if not (not only ofc...) from BoxeR who made what it is in Korea almost single handed.

MrKnives

a176 said:
u serious?

He pretty much made broodwar the spectate sport it is and anything related to bw affects SC2 and the decision to make it.
I'm pretty sure SC2 was destined to happen no matter what but he has a point.

Q8D3vil

something is really weird
gsl spoiler
bomber will attend the redbulll lan that will start today until 2 october but he have to play mvp in the gsl 5 october, there must be a mistake or something because going to USA and coming back to korea just for training is not worth it at all when you can get better practice at home

Completely entranced watching Stephano. Advancing, retreating, flanking and dropping while building an obscene amount of macro hatches, the guy is like Napoleon reincarnated. I honestly think he's the best non Korean player in the world.

and his stream has classic rock instead of the shit on literally every other stream.

Holden

Stephano has been showing some really good performence lately, but the best EU player have been changing all the time

Naniwa before TSL final then thorzain then ret/dimaga now stephano

Q8D3vil

theinfinityissue said:
Completely entranced watching Stephano. Advancing, retreating, flanking and dropping while building an obscene amount of macro hatches, the guy is like Napoleon reincarnated. I honestly think he's the best non Korean player in the world.

and his stream has classic rock instead of the shit on literally every other stream.
i tones in to him few days ago and he was listening to pink floyd and he became number 2 best music list behind goody (Iron Maiden + mech play = best combination ever) :p

Holden

GSTL spoilers

DAMN protoss rocking GSTL, kinda sad TSL lost since they have been showing really good performence without trickster/fruitdealer/pume

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
GSTL spoilers

DAMN protoss rocking GSTL, kinda sad TSL lost since they have been showing really good performence without trickster/fruitdealer/pume
so protoss are op again :(

Dooraven

Were TSL even watching their TvPs against Creator, he did the same build every single game v Terran and he wasn't punished for it at all, going super quick dual forge is a bit suicidal due to the number of timing pushes Terran has but TSL did nothing about it and let Creator get a huge upgrade advantage. Also the Prime coach is pretty lol, sending out Zergs against JYP

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Were TSL even watching their TvPs against Creator, he did the same build every single game v Terran and he wasn't punished for it at all, going super quick dual forge is a bit suicidal due to the number of timing pushes Terran has but TSL did nothing about it and let Creator get a huge upgrade advantage. Also the Prime coach is pretty lol, sending out Zergs against JYP
TSL don't have any stars players (maybe polt is a star but he didn't show good results lately), they made it this far in the gstl because their coach is really smart with his player decisions and their players are very consistent (their players don't win champions, but in the same time you don't see them dropping from code s/a).
if IM coach had the same kind of decision making i don't see them losing ever in gstl

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
TSL don't have any stars players (maybe polt is a star but he didn't show good results lately), they made it this far in the gstl because their coach is really smart with his player decisions and their players are very consistent (their players don't win champions, but in the same time you don't see them dropping from code s/a).
if IM coach had the same kind of decision making i don't see them losing ever in gstl

Yeah, I'm not questioning his coaching and management decisions, they're pretty solid, I'm just a tad surprised as to why they didn't pick up on creator doing the same style of PvT against Clide and Heart, which is quite exploitable to early game pressure because creator rushed super quickly to upgrades.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No FoxeR, no SC2

a176

Banned
ShallNoiseUpon said:
ForGG announced to join oGs just days after Foo Fighters announced for Blizzcon? Coincidence? I think not.

Also ForGG is going to destroy everyone.

prob about nada's level. will have to wait and see

a176 said:
prob about nada's level. will have to wait and see

He 3-0'd Jaedong when Jaedong was at his best and was better at BW than MVP. (Meh, this is arguable)

Also Nada hasn't been trying at his hardest, at least that is what everyone says.

a176

Banned
ShallNoiseUpon said:
He 3-0'd Jaedong when Jaedong was at his best and was better at BW than MVP.

Also Nada hasn't been trying at his hardest, at least that is what everyone says.

he also loss to jaehoon not too long ago
you do know who jaehoon is

V_Arnold said:
Who is ForGG? Care to write a brief summary on him, Hazaro? :D

All you need to know is he is the only person to beat Jaedong in a BO5 in 2008. On the way there he beat Kal 3-2 and Flash 3-0.

Comparatively, MVP, SangHo, Puma didn't even have positive win records in BW.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Forgg

a176 said:
he also loss to jaehoon not too long ago
you do know who jaehoon is

"Not too long ago" = less than a month before he retired from BW.

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
Who is ForGG? Care to write a brief summary on him, Hazaro? :D

Going to wait and see how good he is but he was/is master of timing attacks and just that gives him a good future in SC2 ^^
He is probably the best player switching from BW right now. July, Nada, Boxer have all achieved more but he was closest to his prime when retiring/switching. Could be good.
Guy 3-0'd Jaedong so can't be that bad.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
thats the best part :D

anyway, i'll believe it when i see him play !!!

Doubt he is all that great yet. He has been playing for some months now but that's alone laddering. Not on a team so there is a lot of players who is ahead of him. I hope that now him having a team he can catchup fast.

MrKnives said:
Doubt he is all that great yet. He has been playing for some months now but that's alone laddering. Not on a team so there is a lot of players who is ahead of him. I hope that now him having a team he can catchup fast.

I believe he is top 5 KR ladder, which is worth at least something.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hugoboss21 said:
so i call my ISP to fix my internet, my download speed went from 3MB to 0.10MB, WTF.
Hell yeah, welcome to todays ISP. I've had problems with them for over three months now. Payed them for 100Mbit/s, got 0.5Mbit/s

Deadly

ShallNoiseUpon said:
ForGG announced to join oGs just days after Foo Fighters announced for Blizzcon? Coincidence? I think not.

Also ForGG is going to destroy everyone.
Foo Fighters at Blizzcon? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Zzoram

ForGG switching from Broodwar, joining oGs as oGsFin.

He's probably the most skilled Broodwar player to switch, relative to the Broodwar scene at the time of his switching.

This could be a big deal. Most of the best SC2 players were low end A-team, B-team, or just practice partners in Broodwar.

fanboi

Banned
Zzoram said:
ForGG switching from Broodwar, joining oGs as oGsFin.

He's probably the most skilled Broodwar player to switch, relative to the Broodwar scene at the time of his switching.

This could be a big deal. Most of the best SC2 players were low end A-team, B-team, or just practice partners in Broodwar.

Eeehm... yeah thats what we have been discussin the last 20 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom