• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aylinato

ok, so I have a question for those with streams, how do I make mine not-look like crap

I have a stable, fast internet and my computer isn't that bad, so, I was wondering what exactly is the minimum requirements for streaming

Dooraven

Nada doesn't seem to think that many Toss or Terrans switching over would do much, but that if a Zerg came over then they would dominate the Zerg scene for a few years.

Zzoram said:
ForGG switching from Broodwar, joining oGs as oGsFin.

He's probably the most skilled Broodwar player to switch, relative to the Broodwar scene at the time of his switching.

This could be a big deal. Most of the best SC2 players were low end A-team, B-team, or just practice partners in Broodwar.

July? Nada? How are they doing in SC2. Seems like BW fans are just creating new great white hopes every time a BW player switches.

MrKnives

PhoenixDark said:
July? Nada? How are they doing in SC2. Seems like BW fans are just creating new great white hopes every time a BW player switches.

July and NaDa weren't really doing anything in bw when they switched (nada something, july not much)
ForGG was actually playing when he quit/switched. I can see him being one of the best but doubt he will shine brighter than MVP.

Dooraven said:
Nada doesn't seem to think that many Toss or Terrans switching over would do much, but that if a Zerg came over then they would dominate the Zerg scene for a few years.

We need Savior... or Jaedong. Both aren't doing anything so go go SC2.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Aylinato said:
ok, so I have a question for those with streams, how do I make mine not-look like crap

I have a stable, fast internet and my computer isn't that bad, so, I was wondering what exactly is the minimum requirements for streaming
What's your upload?

hamchan

If I were a current top BW player no way I'd ever switch to SC2 until I'm well past my prime or SC2 starts gaining some popularity in Korea.

Deadly

hamchan said:
If I were a current top BW player no way I'd ever switch to SC2 until I'm well past my prime or SC2 starts gaining some popularity in Korea.
Pretty much. The top BW pros are paid like a shitton.

cdyhybrid

Q8D3vil said:
i tones in to him few days ago and he was listening to pink floyd and he became number 2 best music list behind goody (Iron Maiden + mech play = best combination ever) :p
Iron Maiden? :O I think I need to watch both him and Stephano. Are they featured streams on TL? Never seen them streaming but I might just be awake at the wrong time.

a176

Banned
july went through that take a break and retrain periods; but he just wasnt upto par with other zergs when he returned and fell off the radar fast. nada was playing right upto he left as well, and he was doing pretty okay. but he has to yet win a sc2 championship.

forgg wasnt doing as good when he left so we'll wait and see

on a note, before he left, nada's wemade contract was 110mill won (almost 100k usd)

Q8D3vil

cdyhybrid said:
Iron Maiden? :O I think I need to watch both him and Stephano. Are they featured streams on TL? Never seen them streaming but I might just be awake at the wrong time.
goody stream when he play in tournaments, if you live in eu you should be able to find his stream . stephano sometime stream under the name "Millenium TV"

i only saw goody play iron maiden once but he also played some judas priest songs. listening to run to the hill while killing lings with hellions felt so fucking awesome :lol

they are both featured on TL btw.

any ideas when will redbull lan stream starts ? goody is supposed to be there with bomber, its a shame thorzain canceled :(

ksan

went online to play a couple of 1v1s against a friend, and suddenly after a game there's people in the EU chat...
is this real life?

cdyhybrid

Q8D3vil said:
goody stream when he play in tournaments, if you live in eu you should be able to find his stream . stephano sometime stream under the name "Millenium TV"

i only saw goody play iron maiden once but he also played some judas priest songs. listening to run to the hill while killing lings with hellions felt so fucking awesome :lol

they are both featured on TL btw.

any ideas when will redbull lan stream starts ? goody is supposed to be there with bomber, its a shame thorzain canceled :(
No I'm US. Gonna have to catch them late at night sometime I guess!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SC2 is borderline unplayable lately. Oh well, more time to spend with consoles.

Hugoboss21 said:
Good improvement for MLG

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=270467

"Less Downtime, More games on Red and Blue channels."

and

"2 MORE Starcraft Streams featuring Community Casters and Open AND Championship bracket matches."

now gotta increase the pathetic prize pool

Hell yes, I've been clamoring for open bracket matches and community casters. The prize pool will be fixed next year so no worries there.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hugoboss21 said:
now gotta increase the pathetic ( compared to the other big tournaments ) prize pool
why is it 50k for winning in providence and only 5k in the other tournaments... makes no sense
50k is for national championship. But the 5k is shit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Tried to counter infestors with more marine.
Please tell me this is a joke, based on nothing I've said. If you're trying to make a food out of me, PLEASE find that specific quote where I said that terran is supposed to be using marines are supposed to counter infestors with micro. WHEN WE WERE DISCUSSING THAT, WE WERE ALL JOKING. STOP TAKING EVERYTHING SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY.
Corran Horn said:
Micro better
I'm terran, we can't attack move.
Zen said:
What's going on?
Shitty ass shitty fucking connection, 100Mbit/s acting like 0.5Mbit/s. If my brother is loading a 720p Youtube video on his computer, my Internet slows down to a crawl. Sometimes it even disconnects and SC2 has around 4 seconds delay. Four seconds.

Fuck you Glocalnet, you sons of bitches. It's not as if 3 weeks of no internet's been enough. Now you shove a big turd in my ass for being patient about it?

edit: Re-read my post. It went of a bit too aggressive to ShallNoiseUpon. I like you man, I'm just enraged right now. Sorry.

Yoshichan said:
Please tell me this is a joke, based on nothing I've said. If you're trying to make a food out of me, PLEASE find that specific quote where I said that terran is supposed to be using marines are supposed to counter infestors with micro. WHEN WE WERE DISCUSSING THAT, WE WERE ALL JOKING. STOP TAKING EVERYTHING SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

edit: Re-read my post. It went of a bit too aggressive to ShallNoiseUpon. I like you man, I'm just enraged right now. Sorry.

Duuuuude.

Dude.

:)

♥

Have you tried getting a new modem from your ISP? If you have I would be calling them every. fucking. day.

Yoshichan

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I know, I know, sorry... ♥ :(
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Have you tried getting a new modem from your ISP? If you have I would be calling them every. fucking. day.
We got this "new" modem from them when we got this new connection from my ISP. Thing is, I was very displeased with how it worked right at the start (it doesn't even properly give out IP addresses to our computers, we have to do it manually!). So I decided to Google the name of it and I found it it was FROM 2006. I called them immediately, asking them how they could've sent me a modem from 2006, the dude got angry at me and fucking shouted at me. He said they 'recycle' old modems and update them with the latest updates.

Needless to say, I told him to fuck himself and I hung up. After that, the Internet's been worse than usual. UGh.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
Devil, do you like demulism?
not after he threw away games against eg players because he found out that he couldn't attend in the middle of the series.

his stream is amazing thought when he commentate.

jersoc

Hugoboss21 said:
Good improvement for MLG

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=270467

"Less Downtime, More games on Red and Blue channels."

and

"2 MORE Starcraft Streams featuring Community Casters and Open AND Championship bracket matches."

now gotta increase the pathetic ( compared to the other big tournaments ) prize pool
why is it 50k for winning in providence and only 5k in the other tournaments... makes no sense

fuck, i gotta work weekend too :|

fucking company laying off everyone.

Holden

:lol

btw im really hoping my internet gets fixed as soon as possible so we can start playing again t.t why does lag exist *sadface*

Yoshichan

Awesome Animals said:
I'd like a Yoshichan sandywich.
Wow, I was that angry huh :lol?
Hugoboss21 said:

btw im really hoping my internet gets fixed as soon as possible so we can start playing again t.t why does lag exist *sadface*
You and me both, my man... you and me both. (you're not on my ignore anymore btw ♥ I like you now)

Holden

<3 btw cause of my shitty english i was wondering what was a "Rage Apologist" so i googled it and found of picture of your avatar o.o

Hugoboss21 said:
<3 btw cause of my shitty english i was wondering what was a "Rage Apologist" so i googled it and found of picture of your avatar o.o

That's okay. For the longest time I thought it said Rape Apologist and thought Yoshi was an awful human being.

English is my first language.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
That's okay. For the longest time I thought it said Rape Apologist and thought Yoshi was an awful human being.

English is my first language.

I thought that too, but I didn't take it seriously because it was a GAF tag.

Yoshichan

Rape Apologist :( I'm probably the sweetest, most kind man on earth in real life.
Awesome Animals said:
I thought that too, but I didn't take it seriously because it was a GAF tag.
Wow! I need to contact a mod and make him change it so that it says RAGE in caps and bold.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:

Apologist means being sorry?
no.
an apologist is someone who makes excuses for or attempts to explain away something. someone who argues defensively for something.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Then I am the ultimate Blizzard apologist. And it feels god. (No, not good, GOD)
Yeah and I love your work, in fact I've mentioned you more than once to my buddies :lol I'm always like "Here he goes again!" when a discussion about WoW-graphics or w/e starts. And I agree with you. All the fucking time.

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
Yeah and I love your work, in fact I've mentioned you more than once to my buddies :lol I'm always like "Here he goes again!" when a discussion about WoW-graphics or w/e starts. And I agree with you. All the fucking time.

Thank you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom