• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandaman said:
I love you PD.

I almost always do a Roach/ling cheese on that map (on ladder) and win; I either win outright or destroy the natural, drone up, take my third, and build spore colonies cuz Toss be shady, yo.

Although sometimes I try it on a very good Toss and he FFs my lings into oblivion, counters, and I lose lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
I almost always do a Roach/ling cheese on that map (on ladder) and win; I either win outright or destroy the natural, drone up, take my third, and build spore colonies cuz Toss be shady, yo.

Although sometimes I try it on a very good Toss and he FFs my lings into oblivion, counters, and I lose lol
sometimes when im feeling trolly, i load up a random zerg stream on TL in the low dia or worse levels and just troll scout for them.

xel naga is the best because at 6min i just say inb4dt and im always right. >_>

Zen

Banned
Season 3 is coming to an end soon, and Season 4 is on the horizon. At the end of each ladder season, leagues are “locked” which means players can no longer be promoted or demoted out of their current league or division, and bonus pools will stop growing. That’s no reason to quit playing: even after leagues are locked, players will still be able to play out their remaining bonus pool and compete for standing within their divisions until the end of the season two weeks later. The match-making skill ratings which determine league promotion and demotion will also continue to update during the lock, so games played during the lock still count toward league placement in Season 4.

The Season 3 lock will go into effect the week of October 10th. Season 3 will officially end, and Season 4 will begin on the week of October 24th. Season milestone rewards will be locked in at this time, and bonus pools will start over. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so players who have completed placement matches in a previous season will only need to play one new placement match after Season 4 starts.

Beginning with Season 4, there are two changes coming to future ladder seasons:

• Each season will now last for approximately two months
• Grandmaster league placement time will be reduced to one week (from two weeks) to account for the reduced season length.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3279043205

Holden

i hate these short seasons;;;;;; and im probably gonna get demoted so i guess i gotta get back to masters ;// since i ended up like negetive 15 in my ratio but atleast my internet is fixed ;/

Zen

Banned
Hey, at least your internet is fixed. ;) I'm not sure how I feel about the shorter seasons. I'm certainly going to have more variation from season to season now, depending on my commitments at the time.

If you think you're going to be demoted, just wait for October 10th to role around when the leagues will be locked. :p

How accurate is SC2ranks? And how the heck do they track everything? I've never signed up with them but they seem to have all my information spot on, not to mention that their sample sizes for everything are gosu (presumably recording everything?).

www.sc2ranks.com

Holden

its usually pretty accurate i use it to stalk ppl in 1v1 obs with panda lol ; o

it probably uses battle.net's profile thing but i have no clue it takes some time to auto refresh accounts (24hourish)

and no im not gonna get demoted this season i do play some masters still but my MMR has droped alot but next season if i dont put my MMR up i will drop ( like panda ). i do wanna blame lag but its kinda of a shitty excuse but true.

Q8D3vil

holden, your internet just got better ?
maybe there is cap and it just got reset, i used to have this high latency problem when i reach my cap limit (it was a daily cap so the i have good latency the morning after)until the government made the isp companies remove the cap.

check with your isp just to make sure, you don't want to play the first 10 days of the month with good latency and the rest with bad latency.

Holden

im not gonna get demoted in this season but cause of the season reset i will get demoted ( probably unless i play )

i only have 100 games that i played really early on then i stopped playing and went to EU

Devil, i did call my isp thats why its fixed ;o, thanks mrknives again :]

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
So I have a few days to get to Diamond. I'm top 5 plat, feels bad man; was diamond in last two seasons.
give me your username and password on the 8th and i'll get you there.
you might have a much larger ignore list when im done tho.

Pandaman said:
give me your username and password on the 8th and i'll get you there.
you might have a much larger ignore list when im done tho.

I can get there. I'm noting my rank goes up even though I'm not playing much; people ahead of me are getting promoted. So if I just take a couple nights to play 5-10 games, I think I can do it

BigAT

Epic State of the Game incoming tonight:

@itmeJP JP McDaniel
so uh, @WhiteRaSC SC joins us tonight on @StateOfTheGame :)

I think DJ Wheat is a cool dude and all, but I can't stand him on ITT. He tries way too hard to be funny, fit in, etc. Meanwhile InControl often sounds like he's just biding his time, waiting to do SOTG. The show produces some cool conversations each week, but overall it just feels forced.

My dream show would be moderated/hosted by Mr. Bitter, who (like JP) can properly moderate a conversation, plus he knows a lot about the game.

314869_10150414630507457_178337772456_10501457_581742292_n.jpg

Offering a unique look at what’s to come in StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, this silhouette teases a new, mysterious terran unit. But what could it be?

Link

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
A new model of Thor and this time it'll actually be a good unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom