• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
BigAT said:
Too busy selling DOTA keys.

mnsXI.gif

Oh man, just took a game back from the depths of despair. PvP, I screwed up on my gateway and his probe blocked it just as I was putting it down, didnt notice and didnt get it started until 16 food and about 2.5 minutes in, which meant my tech was behind a bit. I expanded early since I had some extra money and he went for a warp prism/DT drop. Spotted the warp prism at the Xel Naga Tower but only had enough money for 1 stalker and all my sentries were outside the base, so his DTs made an absolute mess of my main. Luckily I had the expo, eventually bought myself enough time to stabilize in my main and cannon up. Then teched to HTs and completely stomped him, he was hoping his 1 base would crush me (and it very nearly did!), and his expo was really late so he just didnt have the stuff to hold me

Great game, got very hairy when I realized I could do absolutely nothing about the DTs since my cannons were too close to my minerals and nowhere near my production. He just made very poor choices and was sloppy on his control which gave me enough time and opportunity to kill the DTs eventually. Also, I dont know if he ever scouted my expo, but I'm guessing he didnt.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Striek said:
I've played a few other pandas on battle net. I always go "Neogaf?'.
I played a Panda once where during the whole game I was talking shit to him. Then after I realize Panda wasn't even online lol.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
I played a Panda once where during the whole game I was talking shit to him. Then after I realize Panda wasn't even online lol.
lol.

I love you guys. even if you're not ponies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Q8D3vil said:
so no gsl for 2 days after the best gsl day ever :/

new gom site is kinda awesome, bit confusing but mainly because it's so different, but I do like.

and yes :( sad times for the next two days

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not enough orange in the new design :/

Mairu

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=272406
mr chae posted to announce the gomtv blizzard cup & give some insight about gsl 2012
Hello, I am Mr. Chae from GOMTV.

It’s been little over a year since the launch of StarCraft II. The GSL, which has been receiving a lot of love and support from all of you, has also celebrated its first anniversary a short while ago.

I believe that this year has been a special year for e-sports.
A lot of things that were not accomplished in SC/BW were achieved in the course of just one year.

Players from all around the world competing each other, leading international tournaments working together with exchange programs, foreign players coming to Korea for training and Korean players joining foreign teams - all of these are remarkable developments that have not occurred to this extent in the past 10 years of e-sports history.

Alongside GSL, there have been many major tournaments out there entertaining fans worldwide.
We at GSL are always hoping to work together with other foreign tournaments and believe we have accomplished a lot in that regard this year.

When we first introduced the 2011 GSL Tour we have mentioned the Blizzard CUP.
The Blizzard CUP is a tournament in which we plan to look back at and conclude the year 2011 and determine the best of best. Additionally, other events like Best Coach Award, Fan Favorite Player Award, Best Player of their respective Race Award etc. are planned.

We are currently in the last stages of deciding on and tweaking the format and schedule of the 2012 GSL Tour.

The concepts for GSL 2012 are:
1. More chances
2. Prove yourself
3. Are you qualified to stay in Code S?

We hope everyone will enjoy the remainder of the 2011 GSL Tour and is looking forward to what we have in store for 2012.

The outline of Blizzard CUP is as follows:

Players: Best 10 of 2011
- 2011 GSL Point Ranking TOP 1,2,3 (3)
- 1st and 2nd place of MLG Providence (2)
- Winner of IEM NYC (1)
- Winner of IPL Season 3 (1)
- Winner of DreamHack Winter (1)
- Winner of Blizzcon (1)
- Winner of WCG (1)
- If players have more than one title, suitable replacements will be invited

Tournament format: Group Play -> Playoffs
- 10 players will be divided in 2 groups of 5.
- The 3 top players of each group advance to the playoffs.
- Group A 1st vs (Group A 3rd vs Group B 2nd)
- Group B 1st vs (Group B 3rd vs Group A 2nd)

Schedule
- 12/12 Monday: Group A
- 12/13 Tuesday: Group B
- 12/14 Wednesday: Round of 6
- 12/15 Thursday: Round of 4
- 12/17 Saturday: Final and Award Ceremony

Prizes
- 1st place: 40,000,000 KRW
- 2nd place: 10,000,000 KRW
- Ro4: 5,000,000 KRW
- Ro6: 2,000,000 KRW
- Group stage: 1,000,000 KRW
- Total: 68,000,000

Thank you.
GOMTV.net
Can't wait to see the changes for 2012, the Blizzard Cup should be cool too... let's see if any non-Koreans make it in :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
- Winner of IEM NYC (1)
- Winner of Blizzcon (1)
- Winner of WCG (1)

So So awesome.

jersoc

blizzard cup better be casted by fucking tastosis otherwise no buy. the AOL was laughable in terms of players actually giving a damn.

hopefully a real prize pool will make it exciting though.

MrKnives

jersoc said:
blizzard cup better be casted by fucking tastosis otherwise no buy. the AOL was laughable in terms of players actually giving a damn.

hopefully a real prize pool will make it exciting though.

Same for me actually. If it's Tastosis I'll buy it, if it's Moletrap.. no words..

nilbog21

Banned
HolyCheck said:
- Winner of IEM NYC (1)
- Winner of Blizzcon (1)
- Winner of WCG (1)

So So awesome.

hah wow thats so sick :D

Has there been a shot of the crowd? Sounds like no one is there lol. I guess that's to be expected, as it's early on a Thursday. It should fill up later today, and get super full over the weekend

Durante

ShallNoiseUpon said:
IPL streaming at 60fps (I think?) is throwing me off. Looks so smooth.
So that's what it is? The stream was looking so much better than usual, but I couldn't tell exactly why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom