• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Oh wow, Huk won that battle.
But Stephano is already maxed while Huk is at 155.

E: Stephano wth do you need over 20 corruptors for right now?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
huk loses, everyone blames the carriers and not stephano denying the gold, still no carriers in PvZ. I guess i should be happy about that.
Dooraven said:
Aaand Carriers are still useless lol.
lawl.

Dooraven

Pandaman said:
huk loses, everyone blames the carriers and not stephano denying the gold, still no carriers in PvZ. I guess i should be happy about that.

lawl.

It's not even the Stephano denying the gold though, it's Huk stupidly going DTs or some stupid shit and getting behind every single game.

Tacitus_

theinfinityissue said:
stephano so awesome. probably my favorite player at the moment. But.. what the hell is on his head?

huk looks really confused lol

I think it's one of those middle eastern style scarves. Some people wear them for fashion, but I've never seen them like that >_>

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
It's not even the Stephano denying the gold though, it's Huk stupidly going DTs or some stupid shit and getting behind every single game.
huk had come back from that, it wasn't important anymore.

when huk killed stephs gold and they both set up bases on their own gold, they were both mineral starved with a gas overhead and within 30supply of each other. when the big fight happened, stephano had 4k-2.5k, huk had 1k 1k. stephano maxed and banked behind it on his gold. huk did not.

Dooraven

Pandaman said:
huk had come back from that, it wasn't important anymore.

when huk killed stephs gold and they both set up bases on their own gold, they were both mineral starved with a gas overhead and within 30supply of each other. when the big fight happened, stephano had 4k-2.5k, huk had 1k 1k. stephano maxed and banked behind it on his gold. huk did not.

Not really, you don't really comeback from failed DT openings unless your opponent screwed up, you invest too much tech and gas into a couple of useless units. Yes, the denying of the gold was kind of important, but it was more the DT openings that did like no damage. And Huk wasn't mineral starved, he was warping in Chargelots against Roach, Corrupter, Infestor, Broodlord which had me facepalming ><

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
Not really
apparently having equal bases, equal supply and equal resources isn't coming back. and here i was pretty sure that situation was hugely toss favoured most of the time.

He came back. I dont care if you want to say stephano made a mistake, all that matters is that he was no longer behind.

Deadman said:
First 2 days are just seeding. Hide strats, rest to remove jetlag.
That's basically why I can't take any of this too seriously.

No one will reveal their A builds just to get a higher seed on a 16 player bracket which my or my not give you an easier opponent anyway, especially when there is 30k on the line.

Dooraven

It's hugely Toss favoured if you have splash units. He didn't even get one. And Stephano did lol. (No, carriers aren't splash units)

You really think that Huk came back from that? Stephano had resources enough for 2 more remaxes. He wouldn't have won even if he got the gold base up and running. I agree that denying the gold was important, but I doubt it would have mattered.

Deadman

TheThunder said:
That's basically why I can't take any of this too seriously.

No one will reveal their A builds just to get a higher seed on a 16 player bracket which my or my not give you an easier opponent anyway, especially when there is 30k on the line.

Apparently they have just added new rules to pool play in the last few hours. First in each group gets an extra $1000, second gets $500.

Good because they didnt matter so much before.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
It's hugely Toss favoured if you have splash units. He didn't even get one. And Stephano did lol. (No, carriers aren't splash units)

You really think that Huk came back from that? Stephano had resources enough for 2 more remaxes. He wouldn't have won even if he got the gold base up and running. I agree that denying the gold was important, but I doubt it would have mattered.
stephano had no resources after he remade the gold. it was 140 vs 110 and both had no minerals banked. those 2 remaxes he built up was because he held his gold while denying huks.

don't know what you were watching.

Dooraven

Pandaman said:
stephano had no resources after he remade the gold. it was 140 vs 110 and both had no minerals banked. those 2 remaxes he built up was because he held his gold while denying huks.

don't know what you were watching.

mmk, I'll have to rewatch that, you maybe right. Alive v Stephano G2 time.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i'm glad we're having a little time with two people who have nothing to do with starcraft. getting tired of all this nerd shit.

zargle

Ah, so it wasnt the streams fault I couldnt get the volume any higher. It was the quietness of the announcers. Thank you dj wheat for screaming at me and helping me realize this.

Deadman said:
Apparently they have just added new rules to pool play in the last few hours. First in each group gets an extra $1000, second gets $500.

Good because they didnt matter so much before.
Great to hear.

An extra 1k will at least make the players put some fight into it.

jersoc

I know I'm late, but I really like the new layout of the Gom site. Looks so slick now. Doesn't look like he was designed by some noob in 2 hours anymore either.

Tacitus_

867-5309 said:
And again.

And again.

I do not get protoss players who have their production powered by one pylon while they have a farm behind their mineral line.

THE 10 MINERALS YOU SAVE ISN'T WORTH IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom