• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

What a badass bunker rush from Alive.

Pandaman said:
so. is this like the actual ipl3? like the whole event is this weekend?

They're done with the group stages, so yes. Supposedly two days of seed matches and then two day finals.

Deadman

If i ask what map is this am i accidentally going to reveal i played 0 ladder games this season?

edit: its crevasse wtf? why isnt it all ice and stuff

jersoc

Pandaman said:
huh. the whole tourney kinda snuck up on me then.
and we have mlg next week? :O

boss.

seriously, I had no idea that IPL was this weekend either. Sucks I gotta work next sat during mlg. I'll probably just stream w/o sound at work though. I more or less really care about the final day of MLG, so no lost there really.

Huk :(

Q8D3vil

a176 said:
why wont you pay for nasl
because season 1 was a garbage shit (i payed for that and was very disappointed with them) definitely not going to pay now with their shitty commentators and very small number of Korean players.

Support ign? Meh.
ign 2 was entertaining although it was replays.
whatever 7 $ is like buying from kfc minus the stomach ache :p
oil money ftw :p

Does anyone care about NASL? I haven't checked to see if the viewer numbers are still high (7k+), but I notice the TL threads seem kind of empty.

I've watched it maybe once this season. I just don't care for the games or casters. MLG is something I look forward to every time, and hopefully IPL3 is successful so we see more in the future. Both MLG and IGN have basically improved every major problem NASL had, such as guaranteeing everyone who travels to the event gets good money, and having multiple high quality streams.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Corran Horn said:
Goms new site is confusing. What happened to the old schedule for X league ;;

Now you have one superior schedule for all leagues.

sites much better once you work it out corran. HAVE FAITH IN BASED JOHN

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
HolyCheck said:
Now you have one superior schedule for all leagues.

sites much better once you work it out corran. HAVE FAITH IN BASED JOHN
It was so much easier to go to league then week 1, 2, 3, etc. :(

Where are all the protoss on the ladder? I've faced 1 in my last 20+ games. Kind of frustrating as it's my best matchup and it's my best chance to get into masters lol.

Right now i'm going about 50% against masters players so i'm hoping that i get promoted with the change of season. Now i'll probably start going on a crap run.

Dooraven

Win rates for the first year for SC2 are up

cGzPj.png

Dooraven

I'm just a bit surprised at what happened to ZvT in september, Protoss dying was obvious, but ZvT in september is a big wtf for me.

Dooraven

True, also I forgot that the october qualifiers were added to August which decreased the win % for terran a bit, so it wouldn't be added in september's one.

ultron87

PhoenixDark said:
And pretty much nothing has been done about it but some changes around the edges (bunker timings). Nerf Maraders and Mules

It could be worse. Remember when every TvZ was a Reaper fest?

Q8D3vil

PhoenixDark said:
And pretty much nothing has been done about it but some changes around the edges (bunker timings). Nerf Maraders and Mules
i'm ok with nerfing mules if they nerfed queen inject early game >_>

marauders in the other hand can't and won't be nerfed because of zvt.

BigAT

Dooraven said:
I'm just a bit surprised at what happened to ZvT in september, Protoss dying was obvious, but ZvT in september is a big wtf for me.
It makes me feel slightly better about my ZvT being absolutely awful.

I'm not alone!

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
True, also I forgot that the october qualifiers were added to August which decreased the win % for terran a bit, so it wouldn't be added in september's one.
i think its the new fast third cc and terran being better at countering zerg end game.

fanboi

Banned
Nice charts.

Just a tad missleading in the sense that it looks way worse (like 20% difference) due to the % interval they are using.

But I will say terran need some balancing.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
PhoenixDark said:
i like the idea of making mules "inefficient" as a trade off to their immense power for short term gains. say, for every 500 minerals a mule mines, 100 are lost to inefficiency. this would give some strategy to their use beyond "do i need scans any time soon?".

probably also worth noting that protoss are actually doing worse against zerg than terran. so many pvt problems would be solved by a simple emp nerf, pvz problems i believe are a lot more endemic to various nuances of the match-up.

Q8D3vil

ghst said:
i like the idea of making mules "inefficient" as a trade off to their immense power for short term gains. say, for every 500 minerals a mule mines, 100 are lost to inefficiency. this would give some strategy to their use beyond "do i need scans any time soon?".

probably also worth noting that protoss are actually doing worse against zerg than terran. so many pvt problems would be solved by a simple emp nerf, pvz problems i believe are a lot more endemic to various nuances of the match-up.
mules are already inefficient compared to probes/drones/scv's.

Deadman

I enjoy each month when the matchup numbers come in, always showing terran the strongest, then we get devil to come in and show how actually terran is really weak.

Holden

Deadman said:
I enjoy each month when the matchup numbers come in, always showing terran the strongest, then we get devil to come in and show how actually terran is really weak.

THIS! THIS THIS AND THIS!

<3 ZergGAF </3 TerranGAF

ghst said:

Ghosts should either be heavily nerfed or cost more, right now they're fucking ridiculous. I don't have too much of a problem with them in ZvT; yea it sucks seeing my top tier units 4-5 shot by snipes, but zerg can live with it. On the other hand Protoss get completely destroyed by them due to EMP

The problem with Maraders/nerfing is that it exposes some of the poor unit design in SC2. The unit is a giant easy button and nerfing them significantly would make Roaches (another easy button) too powerful in ZvT. I still think their damage and movement speed should be lowered.

Once those three units (Maraders, MULEs, and Ghosts) are addressed the game will be significantly more balanced.

On PvZ...I still think Toss are simply too lazy and bad to exploit the advantages their race holds over Zerg. For all the bitching over Infestors, Toss are still getting rolled even after 1.4. Learn some new strats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom