• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How do I stop these fucking invisible planes?

I scouted the guy, saw he was building a Starport. So, I built some more barracks and started pumping out some marines. I'm building, building, building and I notice my base is getting attacked. I look, invisible planes. I hit that radar shit that reveals them for 12 seconds and he flies out of its range. When it ends, he comes back. Same thing happens twice more. 2 planes, destroyed all my shit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tashi0106 said:

I scouted the guy, saw he was building a Starport. So, I built some more barracks and started pumping out some marines. I'm building, building, building and I notice my base is getting attacked. I look, invisible planes. I hit that radar shit that reveals them for 12 seconds and he flies out of its range. When it ends, he comes back. Same thing happens twice more. 2 planes, destroyed all my shit.
zerg gaf is furiously clopping to this post.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
LNLYO.jpg

sc2gaf cycle continues on its never ending loop.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Panda no.
Tashi0106 said:

If you scout a fast Starport it usually implies invisible flying planes.
They can't shoot air so you can build a Viking from your own starport, save your command center energy, build an engineering bay (which allows you to build a missile turret).
The turret detects a range of something like 70% of your screen around it (range 11 or something) so it will help your marines out. It also shoots air for tons of damage so those planes won't bother you if you put 2 in your mineral line and 1 near your buildings.

Tashi

Hazaro said:
Panda no.

If you scout a fast Starport it usually implies invisible flying planes.
They can't shoot air so you can build a Viking from your own starport, save your command center energy, build an engineering bay (which allows you to build a missile turret).
The turret detects a range of something like 70% of your screen around it (range 11 or something) so it will help your marines out. It also shoots air for tons of damage so those planes won't bother you if you put 2 in your mineral line and 1 near your buildings.
You've helped me build my PC and now helping me with SC2. I love you <3

zlatko

Banned
Tashi0106 said:

Definitely take a look at some replays of good players when you have free time as you are learning the game. Maybe try to get yourself into watching Day9 dailies as he does a great job of analyzing the game for newer players.

As Haz said there are a few counters to invisible planes(Banshees). If you can drop a reveal scan with marines under it, building missile turrets, investing in 1 Raven will allow you to see them(least recommended idea due to the cost and crappiness of Ravens), and vikings with some scans to reveal them.

Keep on asking anything you get confused about. :)

perryfarrell said:
Sc2 gaf is dead. It's been dead for a while. Too few people stick with the game, after they get fed up with laddering.

There is still quite a few of us who play. The problem is most people don't seem to really go into the neogaf channel and there doesn't seem to be that much interest for gaffers to play against other people from gaf.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
as the number of players dropped, the pool of players within a given skill range dropped aswell, so while 10 people could technically all fill a lobby on any given night, the skill range of those ten players is so wide as to make any games played predictable and uninteresting.

zlatko

Banned
I <3 me some SC2, but I <3 videogames more. Which simply means this is the time of the year that my go to MP games are on the back burner due to so many releases. I don't see myself putting in big time into SC2 until January or later, because there are games I REALLY want to play just about every week until then.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
for those who dont read the dark souls thread... im not gonna be playing this game for a solid 2 weeks... OF ALL THE FUCKING FINGERS, IT HAD TO BE THE ONE I MAKE MARINES WITH?! Ugh.

282Xf.jpg

lMtZL.jpg

Q8D3vil

for those who dont read the dark souls thread... im not gonna be playing this game for a solid 2 weeks... OF ALL THE FUCKING FINGERS, IT HAD TO BE THE ONE I MAKE MARINES WITH?! Ugh.
didn't you quit :p
its not like its matter since you don't play with gaf anyway.

i'm playing Dark Souls right now and i will probably return to sc2 when i finish.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
didn't you quit :p
its not like its matter since you don't play with gaf anyway.

i'm playing Dark Souls right now and i will probably return to sc2 when i finish.
who the fuck said anything about gaf... f this place, son

Tashi

zlatko said:
Definitely take a look at some replays of good players when you have free time as you are learning the game. Maybe try to get yourself into watching Day9 dailies as he does a great job of analyzing the game for newer players.

As Haz said there are a few counters to invisible planes(Banshees). If you can drop a reveal scan with marines under it, building missile turrets, investing in 1 Raven will allow you to see them(least recommended idea due to the cost and crappiness of Ravens), and vikings with some scans to reveal them.

Keep on asking anything you get confused about. :)
Sounds good, thanks.

Yoshichan

PhoenixDark said:
Stephano is cuter than MKP
I look exactly like him when I have long hair... so uh, does that mean you're telling me I'm cuter than FoxeR?

Yoshichan

PhoenixDark said:
I have no idea what you truly look like. Post a pic brah
I searched for a single picture of me on this computer... found one and it's such a shitty side-pic (and shitty photographer) I do not look like him at all in this pic. But trust me, I do!

3d9Yz.jpg

Yoshichan

Jinro is far away from the cutest sc2 player :(... FAR.

Yoshichan

&#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

Yoshichan

wtffffffffffff :lol

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
I rather have sex with Jinro then MKP.

That gorilla chin
no

V_Arnold

I'd rather have sex with that good-looking woman in Slayers group. Even if she is only MASTERS. Not any of the slim/gorilla dudes, sorry.

Yoshichan

I'd rather have sex with you.

V_Arnold

*closes thread*
*closes firefox*
*opens system resource panel cause firefox freezes instead of closes*
*takes a shower*

How is your finger btw? : D Went to ER, right? Do not wait a day. Meditate, visualize the wound healing. It will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom