• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooraven

Theoretically, there shouldn't be anything wrong with Broodlord infestor since BCs could probably deal with them quite effectively . (Well besides the fact that corrupters counter bcs, but you just make vikings then)

Practically however Terran essentially can't get more than 2-3 bases vs the Zergs 5/6-7 due to the fact that there is a huge muta ball just killing off expansions and preventing the Terran from ever leaving the base.

I don't think that most Terrans have problems with straight up tech into BL infestor. I think it's rather to do with mass muta into BL infestor.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just saw the TLO match against the zerg...

just wow. just wow.
Dooraven said:
You don't get Muta's in ZvT? What do you use then? Roach Infestor?
He uses ling, bling drop, infestors, ultralisks

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
How do you deal with mass tanks? or just mech play in general?
those would be the sometimes i get roach. i get enough to dissuade hellion stupidity and go straight to brood lord.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is EU ladder locked? I can't rank up?

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
no you cannot
lol... well that sucks. Oh well. Fuck you season 2, hated you anyway. It's just been a pain in the ass from start to finish.

zlatko

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
i'm sorry i got mad when you said "omg i beat this plat" then said "i'm zerg, hes toss --> i should lose"

i'm not a huge fan of zergs who think that they shouldn't win vs protoss.

I should have explained that Protoss is my worst match up, and the actual game was so in his favor. Basically, he stopped my natural expansion with a probe forever, but I got lucky and sneaked a drone out and made an extra expansion he didn't know about. When I did finally get my natural up he came with a strong push and I barely held it, and he almost took out the natural hatch, but I was able to save it. During this time I was super in the dark on what he was doing---I tried to do some scouting but it wasn't working. I knew he had at least one base at his natural, then the phoenix harass came. It caught me off guard, lost two queens, and a ton of overlords, and then a ground push of zealots, stalkers, and sentries came with the phoeni. I was lucky that I saw that push coming thanks to holding a watch tower, had enough lings and spines to keep that natural up, but he found the extra base I had when he noticed lings flank him. He took out all the drones there except one, but luckily I had a lot of workers as I was thinking of taking a 4th at this time "just in case." Creep was spread to connect everything, and then more harass came with phoenix so I had to get hydras or else I'd keep losing workers and overlords. At this point I knew what was coming was just going to be a big collasi push with stalkers, lots, sentries, and the phoenix, and I thought I was so far behind that I was like screw it---- mass up a ton of hydras and lings, and pray you can hold what comes. The push came I surrounded, took out the collasi, a void ray, and the ground units, and he quit out without a GG.

It felt good, because I thought I was screwed the entire game. Guess he didn't listen to Artosis to keep getting ahead.

Anyways, sorry for going off on you. I was trying to ease my way back into playing the game more, so when my first game back felt good, then someone pee's in your pool it sort of demoralizes you. :(

<3

zlatko said:
I should have explained that Protoss is my worst match up, and the actual game was so in his favor.

Heh this is the opposite to me. I still haven't lost to a protoss on the US server. It's ZvT where i'm struggling atm.

I really would like to see how other zergs handle the early pressure (particularly bunkers) as that's where i am struggling.

Usually once i get mutas out i win (just ignore my embarrasing display on gaf night :p).

twofold

Pandaman said:
i never get muta so i've never understood this huge fear of the muta ball.

I think more Terran players need to try playing Zerg and go muta/ling/bling so that they can see for themselves how fragile the muta ball is.

It's also incredibly difficult to harass while keeping your macro up at the same time. If you play someone on the ladder, chances are they'll be floating a million and one minerals so, if you focus on your macro, you'll probably end up winning by simply outproducing them.

Dooraven

twofold said:
I think more Terran players need to try playing Zerg and go muta/ling/bling so that they can see for themselves how fragile the muta ball is.

It's also incredibly difficult to harass while keeping your macro up at the same time. If you play someone on the ladder, chances are they'll be floating a million and one minerals so, if you focus on your macro, you'll probably end up winning by simply outproducing them.

That doesn't really matter in pro level though, sure, mutas are pretty fraglie but in pro level the macro and micro are sufficient enough for proper harrass. Balancing shouldn't be done by lower levels at all.

Dooraven said:
That doesn't really matter in pro level though, sure, mutas are pretty fraglie but in pro level the macro and micro are sufficient enough for proper harrass. Balancing shouldn't be done by lower levels at all.
He wasn't suggesting it should be, so I don't know why you are bringing it up.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Dooraven said:
Balance shouldnt also be done by higher levels only too.

Dooraven

On a different note, I really hate what they did with the vortex spell. I mean sure the Archon toilet was overpowered as hell but the nerf they did to it made vortex useless. If it prevented units from going into the vortex after it was cast It would be fine since it was made to replace stasis.

Corran Horn

Dooraven said:
On a different note, I really hate what they did with the vortex spell. I mean sure the Archon toilet was overpowered as hell but the nerf they did to it made vortex useless. If it prevented units from going into the vortex after it was cast It would be fine since it was made to replace stasis.
There is a vortex spell? Last I heard Kiwikaki took it with him to his grave.

twofold

Dooraven said:

100% agreed. The pros are playing a completely different game than we are.

It's just annoying when people who float 2000+ minerals 15 minutes into the game start complaining about how they're unable to deal with a muta ball. Spend your minerals, damn it!

Corran Horn said:
Balance shouldnt also be done by higher levels only too.

Disagree here. Most "low" level games (ie. anything below GM - I can't comment on GM) are decided more by mechanics than actual strategy. Balancing around those sorts of players isn't a good idea at all.

Corran Horn

Warp in 3 dts. Send them to 3 zerg bases. Check back a min later to see they are all still alive with 20~ kills each.

Sometimes I kinda like protoss. (still debating on going terran :/ )

Q8D3vil

in the second game between me and flux, i knew flux love to do this build and i always have a problems against it in the ladder so i just did a blind coutner which is mass viking-thor and marauders and 1 reapers by mistake :p.
should've lost that because of my poor choice to not wall of and expect a drop blueflame but he decided to kill my refinery instead.

also, i love NA gaf night <3
looking forward to training with panda for my next match up :D

Corran Horn

Watching this replay...damn DT killed a hatch and I never noticed lol.

I dont get what this zerg was doing late game. could have easily beat me after his roach ling 3 base push :/

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

I take EVERYTHING seriously.

edit: perfect summary about forcefields
1303234933_seagull-gets-trapped-inside.gif

Tntnnbltn

Yoshichan said:
I take EVERYTHING seriously.

edit: perfect summary about forcefields
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/042011/1303234933_seagull-gets-trapped-inside.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
LOL FUCK FORCEFIELDS

[spoiler]am i doing it rite?[/spoiler]

Yoshichan

Dooraven

I'm calling this now: ZenexPuzzle will win Code A.

Edit: Ah well, he lost to Losira but he'll still roll through Code A. Losing to Losira's ZvP isn't bad

Yoshichan

Wow... just hooked up the monitor... were you guys just bullshitting me when you said 24" is small? Ugh... feels so weird.

Also, I hooked it up to VGA cuz I had no idea my fucking computer had no HDMI ports... so I'll be buying DVI -> HDMI-converter like a moron.

Fuck you all. See Protoss...so overpowered. Nerf the fuckers. Remove Blink from the game. Let Marauders smash forcefields. Let the world burn by the hands of my Hellions!! We need green flame, one shots roaches/sentries! And then destroys the closest buildings!!! GOGO!!!

V_Arnold

AdventureRacing said:
I didn't. That's why i said lol because i found it amusing.

Yeah, the "apologist" and "fucking" words came out of you cause you were amused. Good to know. Do not backpedal now, little insults like that wont hurt anyway.

V_Arnold said:
Yeah, the "apologist" and "fucking" words came out of you cause you were amused. Good to know. Do not backpedal now, little insults like that wont hurt anyway.

Come on who's the one taking this seriously now? I was having a laugh you're trying to make it sound personal.

Garryk

I had an amazingly great newb moment last night. I started trying Protoss last night and I am really bad at feng shuiing my pylons and gates. I had 3 gates and 3 pylons side by side kinda like this:

p--G
+---+
p----G
+---+
p--G

I then managed to warp 3 stalkers into the hole in the middle and they were all trapped :*(

p--G
+-s-+
p-s--G
+-s-+
p--G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom