• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garryk said:
I had an amazingly great newb moment last night. I started trying Protoss last night and I am really bad at feng shuiing my pylons and gates. I had 3 gates and 3 pylons side by side kinda like this:

p--G
+---+
p----G
+---+
p--G

I then managed to warp 3 stalkers into the hole in the middle and they were all trapped :*(

p--G
+-s-+
p-s--G
+-s-+
p--G

This is one of the things that stops me from trying my hand at terran or protoss. After using zerg for so long i am just terrible at building placement (even though it can help zergs as well).

Dooraven

Visualante said:
Fails to consider the average intelligence of each race..

Protoss: Super smart creatures that amass psyonic energy and can build massively powered units that can wipe out planets instantly

Terran: Average human IQ

Zerg: No proper sentience, controlled by overmind

Protoss UP, Terran Balanced, Zerg OP :p.

On that note, I do think that SC2 is well balanced on medium maps, however it's a bit less balanced on small and large maps.

BigAT

Garryk said:
I had an amazingly great newb moment last night. I started trying Protoss last night and I am really bad at feng shuiing my pylons and gates. I had 3 gates and 3 pylons side by side kinda like this:

p--G
+---+
p----G
+---+
p--G

I then managed to warp 3 stalkers into the hole in the middle and they were all trapped :*(

p--G
+-s-+
p-s--G
+-s-+
p--G
Post a screenshot from your replay so we can properly scoff at you.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Protoss: Super smart creatures that amass psyonic energy and can build massively powered units that can wipe out planets instantly

Terran: Average human IQ

Zerg: No proper sentience, controlled by overmind

Protoss UP, Terran Balanced, Zerg OP :p.

On that note, I do think that SC2 is well balanced on medium maps, however it's a bit less balanced on small and large maps.
i feel the same, metal and xelnaga are good example to balance map.
taldarim and maps like crevasse are not.

Trickster

Q8D3vil said:
i feel the same, metal and xelnaga are good example to balance map.
taldarim and maps like crevasse are not.

Other than the low ground area next to the natural, what are the thing that make taldarim a poor map? I don't play nearly enough to know tbh. I just got the impression that it was a really good map with the exception of the low ground issue.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just hooked it up to HDMI... omigod :D

Dooraven

I duuno why you wouldn't like Crevasse Panda, it's pretty Zerg favoured, I can see Xel though, it's not that easy to get 3 bases so quickly on xel.

Taldarim is fine IMO because the rocks at the 3rd delaying a quick third, though cross positions on Taldarim may probably be very difficult for Terran to pressure Zerg.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok! Need some help... the blacks on this screen is too good. In SC2, I can't see anything where I haven't been (it's like in Brood War). I have the game on Fullscreen (Windowed) but as I change it to Fullscreen, I can change the gamma and that way I can see through the blacks...

Is there a way to have Fullscreen (Windowed) and still be able to change gamma?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
I duuno why you wouldn't like Crevasse Panda, it's pretty Zerg favoured, I can see Xel though, it's not that easy to get 3 bases so quickly on xel.
1rax/1gate expand is safer than any zerg expand on crevasse

Yoshichan

jasonng said:
omigod time for a new keyboard to match the monitor :O
waaaaaaaaat! My keyboard is the best part of my new set up.

I'm officially DONE changing everything. I have a new computer, a new chair, a new monitor, a new mousepad, a new mouse, a new keyboard and a new table.

Raelson

Yoshichan said:
Ok! Need some help... the blacks on this screen is too good. In SC2, I can't see anything where I haven't been (it's like in Brood War). I have the game on Fullscreen (Windowed) but as I change it to Fullscreen, I can change the gamma and that way I can see through the blacks...

Is there a way to have Fullscreen (Windowed) and still be able to change gamma?
I guess your only options are to change the settings directly on the screen or in your graphics drivers.

jasonng

Yoshichan said:
waaaaaaaaat! My keyboard is the best part of my new set up.

I'm officially DONE changing everything. I have a new computer, a new chair, a new monitor, a new mousepad, a new mouse, a new keyboard and a new table.
Dual Screen, bro. How about your headphones? Are they up to date? What about your camera? Stereo? You got a backup drive? Don't even get me started on your video card and ram.

Yoshichan

jasonng said:
Dual Screen, bro. How about your headphones? Are they up to date? What about your camera? Stereo? You got a backup drive? Don't even get me started on your video card and ram.
SC2 APM Headphones, HD (720p) digital camera, lol stereo, ALWAYS backup my shit, insane graphics card and 8gig RAM.

I'M FINE DUDE!

Yoshichan

jasonng said:
How many buttons on your mouse? I don't think you have enough.
FOURTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bind all 14 marines on my mouse. I don't even use my keyboard to bind stuff anymore!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hmm, i think ill ladder today!

ENkrC.jpg

vFsDq.jpg

oh, yea... now i remember why i dont ladder.

Yoshichan

Master league, folks

zoukka

Yoshichan said:
Master league, folks

Just think of it as the old diamond.

I got probably 10 raxed yesterday. As in 10 raxes and nothing but marines with medivacs. Felt like I was in the beta again...

Yoshichan

What sensitivity does everyone here play at?

Deadman

1600dpi but thats mostly because my mousepad is really slow. If i played on a more normal surface id prob move it down to 1200.

51% in game.

Yoshichan

BigAT said:
How big is your SSD?
500 terrabites!

What's an SSD ;_;

Q8D3vil

SC2 APM Headphones, HD (720p) digital camera, lol stereo, ALWAYS backup my shit, insane graphics card and 8gig RAM.
nub, apm headphones are shit.
only 1 graphics card ?
if you don't have sli you are not a real gamer :p

stay away from sli and dual cards setups, way too hot :(

Solid State Drive. It's a giant flash memory hard drive, no moving parts, quite fancy.
and quite waste of money.

Yoshichan

OMG! Q8D3vil, I was wondering where you'd gone ;_; Just found out you just switched avatar... god damn it, stop switching!

Yoshichan

jasonng

What baffles me Yoshichan is how you only have one LCD Flatscreen and not three. How can you even call your setup a gaming rig?

Yoshichan

Now you're all just being mean... I'll go and listen to my SCV Love Song now :(

Yoshichan

No money left though... it'll have to be the |OT4| ._.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
|OT3| Yoshi splurges on awesome PC rig, and yet still runs the game on low settings
I'm true to low settings and I'm never changing anything. Not even to 3D portraits.

Also, from the NASL live stream, MC's using MY mechanical keyboard. Who here said it was bad?

EOuwn.jpg

Feels good-

Season 2 sucked for me, languished in Bronze league, not learning anything. Rife with cheese and rage.

Was having way more fun in silver.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Visualante said:
Season 2 sucked for me, languished in Bronze league, not learning anything. Rife with cheese and rage.

Was having way more fun in silver.

Kinda the same for me, I'm barely in Plat and not improving much.

Btw, you should really join GAF nights. We have tons of terrible bronze players that could practice with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom