• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
they didn't, they said that they received a lot of complaints and they are going to wait and investigate.

Ah, alright. I can see the complaints about infestors to some degree, but brood lords? REALLY? Maybe put TOGETHER it seems ridiculous, but Broodlords are far from imba late game. :/ I mean shit if you see he's going blord tech, do a drop to snipe that damn spire, not to mention how expensive the damn things are AND the build time, PLUS they are slow as fuck, so on and so forth.

Infestors being imba is still a toss up to me. Sure fungal is great, but I heard feedback and emps are pretty good. Right now they seem to me like how people used to view Collasi as imba.

The fungal stun really is a bit of a joke. A 50% slow would be better, as they had planned back when they implemented that weird fungal-projectile change.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
people just need to learn to basetrade if they see infestor/brood.

that army does not have the mobility needed to protect the economy needed to sustain it.

slow alone wouldnt be good enough for fungle.
slow + cannot use any abilities would be fine.

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
Ah, alright. I can see the complaints about infestors to some degree, but brood lords? REALLY? Maybe put TOGETHER it seems ridiculous, but Broodlords are far from imba late game. :/ I mean shit if you see he's going blord tech, do a drop to snipe that damn spire, not to mention how expensive the damn things are AND the build time, PLUS they are slow as fuck, so on and so forth.

Infestors being imba is still a toss up to me. Sure fungal is great, but I heard feedback and emps are pretty good. Right now they seem to me like how people used to view Collasi as imba.
its hard to emp 20 infestors.
feedback in the other hand is pretty good and counter/kill infestor easily (thanks to the minimap trick)

zlatko

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
feedback in the other hand is pretty good and counter/kill infestor easily (thanks to the minimap trick)

Yamato cannon those infestors. :p Jk. Nuke them or at least use nukes to control space ? In general I just want to see more god damn nukes from Terrans.... I pop a chub whenever a Terran drops ones and it's probably why I like TLO so much.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
build more than one ghost.

But it is not fair! You need a hard counter for casters too. Hard countering all ground units (siege tanks) or all air units (thors) are not enough anymore! :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
battlecruisers are actually pretty good against infestor/brood though, since they dont do much damage to other battlecruisers neural isnt very effective and yamato can be cast to ruin the brood count quickly.

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
Yamato cannon those infestors. :p Jk. Nuke them or at least use nukes to control space ? In general I just want to see more god damn nukes from Terrans.... I pop a chub whenever a Terran drops ones and it's probably why I like TLO so much.
the only time i went bc's was when a zerg tried baneling bust while i was preparing a reapers rush so i decided to switch to banshee when i saw muta i went bc's of two bases.
only against zerg, only against zerg.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
battlecruisers are actually pretty good against infestor/brood though, since they dont do much damage to other battlecruisers neural isnt very effective and yamato can be cast to ruin the brood count quickly.
i agree, but they are impossible to build at that stage of the game.

clav

A lot of masters are beating up on scrubs in the 1v1 obs custom maps.

Yes, I am a scrub.

:(

Is there a reason why Marines in Starcraft 2 have 45 HP as opposed to the original 40 HP in Starcraft 1?

I think if Blizzard were to incorporate the 40 HP (+10 with shields) would make a difference.

zlatko

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
i agree, but they are impossible to build at that stage of the game.

Maybe plan for them and have your game plan be to beat him in late game when your cattlebruisers are out? I saw TLO get to Nukes and battle cruisers quickly by not having a lot of workers and instead making extra orbital commands so he can just make it rain mules. He was able to pump out crazy unit compositions in various games with this strategy that varied from heavy ghosts and nukes, to battle cruisers and siege/marines.

That's another reason why I respect TLO's play so much is because he just plays his own game and comes up with ridiculous shit while others are following this run of the mill plays game in game out.

A lot of the ways Zerg overcame challenges in match ups over the months from what I can tell (aside from the patches Blizzard put out) was to keep trying different unit compositions and plays. It's Terran turn to think about what can beat infestors. Maybe some Ravens with HSM shitting on where they are bunched up?

I don't know I'm not a damn wizard. You figure it out! :(

Holden

Q8D3vil said:

minimap trick is badddd, larger the map is smaller the dots are, and you'll end up feedbacking the same unit and waste ur mana.

zoukka

Pandaman said:
battlecruisers are actually pretty good against infestor/brood though,

Corrupters are more than likely to be there already.

Haha I just played a zvz where we both quickly teched to infestors. I killed like 8 of his infestors with my 3 burrowed infestors going towards his expo... goddamn that felt nice.

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
Maybe plan for them and have your game plan be to beat him in late game when your cattlebruisers are out? I saw TLO get to Nukes and battle cruisers quickly by not having a lot of workers and instead making extra orbital commands so he can just make it rain mules. He was able to pump out crazy unit compositions in various games with this strategy that varied from heavy ghosts and nukes, to battle cruisers and siege/marines.

That's another reason why I respect TLO's play so much is because he just plays his own game and comes up with ridiculous shit while others are following this run of the mill plays game in game out.

A lot of the ways Zerg overcame challenges in match ups over the months from what I can tell (aside from the patches Blizzard put out) was to keep trying different unit compositions and plays. It's Terran turn to think about what can beat infestors. Maybe some Ravens with HSM shitting on where they are bunched up?

I don't know I'm not a damn wizard. You figure it out! :(
any vod of tlo doing that against zerg ? i wonder what zerg made terran get a huge eco running what interrupting him with harass.

if i can learn something from tlo my 6 rax days maybe over !!!

edit:i agree that zerg are doing well because they got better but the zerg buffs and terran nerfs are the biggest reason (i don't think fd would've won gsl without the tank nerf right before the finals and idra won mlg because blizzard buffed roaches a day before the event).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
Corrupters are more than likely to be there already.
thats not really a problem though. if the broods die zerg cant keep building corruptors without putting himself at risk on the ground. the time it'd take to actually clear out the bc's is the window terran wants to abuse.

zoukka

Pandaman said:
thats not really a problem though. if the broods die zerg cant keep building corruptors without putting himself at risk on the ground. the time it'd take to actually clear out the bc's is the window terran wants to abuse.

Hmm I wonder what happens when neural hits a BC that's charging a yamato...

zlatko

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
any vod of tlo doing that against zerg ? i wonder what zerg made terran get a huge eco running what interrupting him with harass.

if i can learn something from tlo my 6 rax days maybe over !!!

I caught it on his stream one day. It was a super epic long game. I want to say Day9 did a daily on it? Someone casted it for sure. I'll check some of Husky's videos to see if I can find it, but it was like a month ago. :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
just tried it in the editor, the yamato charge will be canceled and the infestor will control the bc.
huh... battlecruisers are the only casters that dont lose energy once they cast their ability.
might be a bug.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My monitor just arrived! FUX YEAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pandaman said:
hope you can play through all that screen delay.
Yep, I'll enjoy my 2ms
and quickly change back to my CRT if I'm noticing anything whatsoever
zlatko said:
Go watch some of those epic TLO games I posted.
Already stacked the video up :p Doing some "Internet dailies" first.

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
Yep, I'll enjoy my 2ms
and quickly change back to my CRT if I'm noticing anything whatsoever

Already stacked the video up :p Doing some "Internet dailies" first.

I'm pretty sure it's 2ms GtG though.
Still doubt you will notice anything too big.

Yoshichan

Wait, Dizzy the GAFer? Dizzy-4U?

Yoshichan

Oh, haha. Oh well ♥

Keikaku

perryfarrell said:
Nah, my SC2 alias is dizzy. And I won't be masters or diamond for a while. Doesn't mean I didn't beat a few people though.

Once I figure out how to stop your false 3-rax, your entire SC2 strategy will crumble!

<3

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Keikaku said:
Once I figure out how to stop your false 3-rax, your entire SC2 strategy will crumble!

<3
atleast you have a plan.

nothing can stop him from beating me. he knows the magic word that slays all canadians

zlatko

Banned
Quick question:

If a Gold league Zerg player who hasn't played the game seriously for 1v1 in a long while beats a Platinum level Protoss who has been playing consistently day in day out(few day breaks in between), does that mean the Zerg should celebrate?

I was trying to feel good about my accomplishment but elitist jack off Holden in Gaf chat on SC2 made me basically feel like shit and that I shouldn't be proud of jack all. Yay SC2 community ... for every one cool person like Day9/Panda/Yoshi, there's 20 Holden's. :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
Quick question:

If a Gold league Zerg player who hasn't played the game seriously for 1v1 in a long while beats a Platinum level Protoss who has been playing consistently day in day out(few day breaks in between), does that mean the Zerg should celebrate?
yes. progress is a series of tiny steps and thats armstrong last step on the ladder level.

zlatko said:
I was trying to feel good about my accomplishment but elitist jack off Holden in Gaf chat on SC2 made me basically feel like shit and that I shouldn't be proud of jack all. Yay SC2 community ... for every one cool person like Day9/Panda/Yoshi, there's 20 Holden's. :D

Holden's a troll, pretty much an even less mature version of Splinter. Forgive the young man his sins, just bet on him when it comes to Obs games, or if you are a protoss learn from his playing.

Holden

i'm sorry i got mad when you said "omg i beat this plat" then said "i'm zerg, hes toss --> i should lose"

i'm not a huge fan of zergs who think that they shouldn't win vs protoss.

Elcheris

Neo Member
zlatko said:
Quick question:

Dont worry, Holden is only saying that because he is the saltiest person ever who only got to masters because he picked protoss. Its always a great feat to beat someone of a higher league, although it is always possble they weren't playing to their best abilities or screwed up bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom