• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedGamer said:
GAF Night sounds good. I'll be on in a bit. I joined the Mumble Channel.

Character Code: BloodSeraph - 687

It'd be nice to be added if your doing that GAF Night thing for SC2.

join the Neogaf channel

zlatko

Banned
"I guess intelligence isn't required to be a pro gamer. Anyone who thinks SC2 has more depth than pokemon isn't too bright."

Posted by larvi in that Kotaku thread and he's dead serious.

Mother of God....

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
zlatko said:
"I guess intelligence isn't required to be a pro gamer. Anyone who thinks SC2 has more depth than pokemon isn't too bright."

Mother of God....

Just stop reading that thread, it's not worth the brain cells you're losing.

zlatko

Banned
Pankaks said:
Just stop reading that thread, it's not worth the brain cells you're losing.

I don't know who this guy is, I have absolutely no idea about Starcraft, 5 pool whatever or the tournament scene.......but I watched the whole thing.

I have no words, it's simply amazing. So much dedication and passion.

I'm already downloading it to watch it again in the future. Thank you for this.

^ That's a response from a Gaffer who saw my link to Day9 100 daily. If I can reach even a few people by being in there to open their minds, then I'll stick around until it's locked or dies off, because letting the dip shits just run rampant just isn't right about something I care about with pro gaming and especially the SC2 scene.

Elcheris

Neo Member
zlatko said:

Mother of God....

I dunno man, pokemon has some pretty freakin' ridiculous depth to it. Seriously.... its kind of scary.

zlatko

Banned
Elcheris said:
I dunno man, pokemon has some pretty freakin' ridiculous depth to it. Seriously.... its kind of scary.

Having played a lot of it myself, I agree it has depth. More than SC2? Not....even....fucking....close.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
GAF NIGHT!

9IKsQ.gif

mcrae

i gotta start coming back to gaf nights if you guys have added monobattles and micro tournament.

i just always got bored watching/playing customs i didnt like, not enough real games/team games... also i always work at night >.<

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How was GAFNIGHT :(?

Pancakes

Yoshichan said:
How was GAFNIGHT :(?

Pretty fun.

I should've won the micro tournament though >_>. Stupid buggy game...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pankaks said:
Pretty fun.

The one who gets the protoss death ball wins, right? Micro Tournament 1.16 made my MorroW?

Tntnnbltn

zlatko said:
Having played a lot of it myself, I agree it has depth. More than SC2? Not....even....fucking....close.
When it comes to breeding and IVs, and training and EVs, I would believe Pokemon's depth can easily be equal to SC2's depth.

Pankaks said:
Pretty fun.

You picked Protoss right? not Random? Away with you

Tntnnbltn said:
When it comes to breeding and IVs, and training and EVs, I would believe Pokemon's depth can easily be equal to SC2's depth.

I mean, I think a lot of people haven't played the more recent releases of the Pokemon games, so they don't realize how much more has been added. I know that I stopped after Yellow as a kid (I know doesn't really count, I played Red/Blue as well), and it wasn't until Diamond/Platinum that I picked it up again. I actually felt a bit overwhelmed because of how unfamiliar I was with the game. So, my point being, that I'm sure there are many people quick to judge Pokemon because the initial releases back in 98(?) were pretty shallow in terms of gameplay; at least compared to SCII and modern Pokemon.

zlatko

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:

commandowrong.gif

If you're going to just throw every aspect of Poke'mon's single player, then throw in SC2's I guess. I'm talking about the depth in a 1v1 person vs person duel.

I don't follow whatever pro poke'mon scene is out there, but how would they even regulate to check that you 100% legit took the time to capture, breed, get the right abilities, etc? I'm pretty sure they can't, so then you're just left with the actual fight at hand.

If you care to go more into depth of what all goes into a pro 1v1 match of poke'mon to show its depth I'd be more than happy to hear you out and redact my statement if I see it is on par with everything going on in a SC2 match.

Garryk

I spent my first GAF night lurking Corran's stream on my laptop (couldn't get away to log on to my PC). I am still playing through the campaign and I only know how to play Terran so it would have been a mess anyway.

MrKnives

Garryk said:
I spent my first GAF night lurking Corran's stream on my laptop (couldn't get away to log on to my PC). I am still playing through the campaign and I only know how to play Terran so it would have been a mess anyway.

When you start MP I know it's very tempting to just go Terran but I advice you to explore around.
It's not like Campaign Terran > MP Terran anyways so you have to learn some new stuff anyways.

zoukka

zlatko said:
If you're going to just throw every aspect of Poke'mon's single player, then throw in SC2's I guess. I'm talking about the depth in a 1v1 person vs person duel.

All the depth of Pokemon is in the training of your party and assembling the perfect composition. I'd say these both games are incredibly deep if you delve into them, but Pokemon requires a lot more thought and preparation, whereas in SC you need a lot more manual dexterity and reflexes.

Tntnnbltn

zlatko said:
I don't follow whatever pro poke'mon scene is out there, but how would they even regulate to check that you 100% legit took the time to capture, breed, get the right abilities, etc? I'm pretty sure they can't, so then you're just left with the actual fight at hand.

If you care to go more into depth of what all goes into a pro 1v1 match of poke'mon to show its depth I'd be more than happy to hear you out and redact my statement if I see it is on par with everything going on in a SC2 match.
Take a skim of http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/

It's hard to directly compare to two games anyway, because SC2 obviously has a manual dexterity focus that Pokemon games don't. On the purely strategy side of things I wouldn't be able to say which has more or less strategy than the other.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
no imba discussion = thread derails = balanced game?
dont worry, im sure there'll be a tourney this weekend worth complaining about.
or atleast another microtournament kaks can lose in despite being a race picking jerk.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
dont worry, im sure there'll be a tourney this weekend worth complaining about.
or atleast another microtournament kaks can lose in despite being a race picking jerk.
NASL finals, can't wait to whine.

tomorrow is my match against misteranderson, tune in in 7-8 hours :D

Sad I missed GAFNight last night, but I was busy playing
Motherfucking Blanka
against my friend who mains Yun and showing him what is up. Lightning style.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Q8D3vil said:
NASL finals, can't wait to whine.

tomorrow is my match against misteranderson, tune in in 7-8 hours :D
panda whined enough about the nasl already. Koreans stealin mah money!

zlatko

Banned
jasonng said:
no imba discussion = thread derails = balanced game?

Blame Blizzard for lack of updates or some more HotS stuff. :( We COULD go to the balance chatter at anytime, but it just goes in the same cycle. Race X thinks race X is imba because of Z. :p

Holden

blizzard could just do some random stuff in the PTR ( They did say that Infestor/Broodlord is kinda imba late game )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom