• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooraven

gVxAU.jpg

Looks like a unit thats merged from a roach that will essentially perform the stuff a lurker does. This probably means that the roach is going to be in HoTS >< ugh.

MrKnives

Dooraven said:
http://i.imgur.com/gVxAU.jpg[IMG]
Looks like a unit thats merged from a roach that will essentially perform the stuff a lurker does. This probably means that the roach is going to be in HoTS >< ugh.[/QUOTE]

Tbh I won't mind if Roach can morph into something like that. Zerg artillery?

Dooraven

MrKnives said:
Tbh I won't mind if Roach can morph into something like that. Zerg artillery?

Quite obviously Zerg artillery, which is quite needed and I'm glad they're doing that but I hate the roach and the marauder, I wish they'd replace them with better and more unique units. But I really like this new one.

Dooraven

Actually it could be a unit that is mobile anti air while unburrowed but sieges up and shoots ground units while burrowed. That could be an interesting and pretty cool mechanic.

Holden

france sucks, only one big city and im at the other side of the country from it, never barcraft for me. atleast i get the beach 24/7 ;]

Aylinato

fanboi said:
Shoots banes ofc
That would be a cool feature, but not if the thing made banes, but u had them load onto it, and it'd have a max of 4 unupgraded and 8 upgraded. You could also shoot zerglings up cliffs. That would lead to some awesome micro play.

ultron87

I'm really looking forward to all the campaign-only Zerg OP as hell upgrades.

*speculation*

- Hatcheries that auto-inject
- 2 drones from 1 egg.
- Hydralisks that can ride on top of Ultralisks
- Infested Thors that fire out Scourge as their AA attack.

Aylinato

ultron87 said:

*speculation*

- 2 drones from 1 egg.
So awesome

fanboi

Banned
Who the fuck is this caster on the NASL stream?!

It feels like he is coming up behind with a towel + clorophorm and rape rape time :(

NASL is completely irrelevant. I remember thinking it could be the best thing ever, and tbh it could have been. I'll be watching the actual NASL tournament, but I can't get excited for watching week old replays anymore.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MrKnives said:
I could have sweared it was Realcun before.

If Raelcun + Gunrun would ever cast together.. Can't even thing about it
Could be. The sometimes switch casters after each set of games. No replacement for incontrol.

V_Arnold

It is more healthy for me to only slightly follow SCII events.

That means that I turn on GSL, and if it is Tasteless+Artosis, I am entertained.
IF it is not, then I close the window immediately.

Nothing personal, Wolf, Moletrap, Gunrun and others: it is just that there are other things to do. And when I watch SCII, I want the best of the best to cast it :p

ultron87 said:

*speculation*

- 2 drones from 1 egg.

i came

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
Range upgrade for marines? Marines in an overlord? What
he's crying that we have to pay 450/450+100 for a slow 200 hitpoint drop that techsnipes and that costs us 500/600 if it dies.

where a protoss spends 700 minerals on a faster 200 hit point drop that costs him 200 minerals when it dies. also half his hitpoints near instantly regenerate after the drop.

Haunted

Dooraven said:
gVxAU.jpg

Looks like a unit thats merged from a roach that will essentially perform the stuff a lurker does. This probably means that the roach is going to be in HoTS >< ugh.
Hydra/Roach upgrade tank/artillery unit?

Really hoping they'll also show a new Protoss silhouette. So much fun to speculate about this.

Finally faced a protoss! He went for a FFE and only got one cannon. I ran over him with a bunch of roaches and only lost like 1 or 2 units (i think i lost a few more rallying in past a cannon when the match was already over).

The pro starcraft scene really is so great for me. Everyone watches these pros doing extremely greedy and difficult to hold builds and they just straight up copy them without actually knowing how to hold with them.

I get so many easy wins against protoss because they simply don't know how to scout or react to early pressure.

Corran Horn

Awkward cheese is weird.

Zerg 2 hatch nydus me on shakuras. I kill worm and he replants on low ground behind the rocks out of my reach...I attack his main and kill the worm's ass at his natural...well that was easy win... lol

Mairu

PhoenixDark said:
Whatchu talking about Corran, did MLG change something?
I think he's trying to say that he hopes MLG offers a first person view perspective for the main stage matches like IPL did for Prime subscribers at IPL3

edit: nevermind it's something that mlg's working on that sundance tweeted about: http://yfrog.com/j2o9jp

Corran Horn

PhoenixDark said:
Whatchu talking about Corran, did MLG change something?
MLG has never offered a split screen themselves. It was always wellplayed.org or some other website that did it.

Now with IPL doing so well with like 5~ streams at once. I hope MLG does the same and does things like pull the feeds of the player's PC. As well as a "true" HD feed. HD feed of IPL was so much better compared to MLG.

Then the list of like other things...so many games :D

Ah ok. Personally I'd be fine with them just adding another steam for open bracket games, with up-and-coming casters. And I'd like to see the free stream improved. It doesn't have to be IPL status - I doubt MLG can afford to do that for free. But I'd like to see some type of quality upgrade

MrKnives

Haunted said:
Hydra/Roach upgrade tank/artillery unit?

Really hoping they'll also show a new Protoss silhouette. So much fun to speculate about this.

They have a schedule. New silhouette every week until blizzcon, where they will reveal them and show gameplay.
So new Protoss silhouette next monday.

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
They have a schedule. New silhouette every week until blizzcon, where they will reveal them and show gameplay.
So new Protoss silhouette next monday.

:D

im sick :(
working from home aka gaming sc2 ftw!

Mairu

PhoenixDark said:
Ah ok. Personally I'd be fine with them just adding another steam for open bracket games, with up-and-coming casters. And I'd like to see the free stream improved. It doesn't have to be IPL status - I doubt MLG can afford to do that for free. But I'd like to see some type of quality upgrade
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-orlando-starcraft2-streams-better-faster-more
We will be adding two additional streams, covering Championship and Open Bracket matches from the tournament floor.
All matches on these streams will be solo-cast by community casters Adebisi, Nerski, Tumba and Robin.
The casters will choose matches on the fly over the weekend, based on what’s happening in the bracket.
does require the mlg membership though, but if you didn't get any free from that hotpockets thing maybe you still can...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Aylinato said:
Did he say anything else(on phone with no flash)
This is from over 5 months ago, but he mentioned Reapers might do something in HotS.
It's mainly an explanation of how designing an esport is impactful to a games own development.

*Also happy that GSL is making their own maps for pros.
**And completely shuts down the idea of having a separate competitive ladder that uses tournament maps. WOW. Really? Just like 100% shuts that question down. Tell me how not letting pros train on ladder on good maps is a good idea.
***Exploring unranked play as well
****Plays random, like micro play and TLO, MKP. No Brood War favorite player. THIS IS WHY. THIS IS WHY SC II IS SUFFERING.

Dooraven

Hazaro said:
This is from over 5 months ago, but he mentioned Reapers might do something in HotS.
It's mainly an explanation of how designing an esport is impactful to a games own development.

*Also happy that GSL is making their own maps for pros.
**And completely shuts down the idea of having a separate competitive ladder that uses tournament maps. WOW. Really? Just like 100% shuts that question down. Tell me how not letting pros train on ladder on good maps is a good idea.
***Exploring unranked play as well
****Plays random, like micro play and TLO, MKP. No Brood War favorite player. THIS IS WHY. THIS IS WHY SC II IS SUFFERING.

Also he considers the zergling rush as the most imbalanced thing in videogames ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom