• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please stop talking about Dark Souls ?

My local shops for some reason still haven't got the game in yet and I'm at the verge of going on a punching spree.

fanboi

Banned
V_Arnold said:
10/10
is the score I actually gave to Dark Souls. And still cant stop playing it.

Wait, so you are one of them journos that give a score before finishing the game?!

sonamdissapointed.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ref4.gif
ref4.gif
ref4.gif
ref4.gif

Sundays are good to me!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Arnold, my finger is far from good... hence why I haven't played Dark Souls or been active on GAF.

Umbasa.

cdyhybrid

Think I'm going on a break from SC2. Too many games coming out...DotA2, BF3, Zelda, Skyrim, maybe D3...but SC2 will always be there for me. I'll be back for Heart of the Swarm!

jasonng

Hit #1 on my plat league. Good way to end the season. Hopefully I don't get auto-promoted to diamond for next season since I'm still rusty as fuck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jasonng said:
Hit #1 on my plat league. Good way to end the season. Hopefully I don't get auto-promoted to diamond for next season since I'm still rusty as fuck.
When's the season change...?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
I feel seasons are too short. I'd like to see a season be 8 months or more.
maps and grandmasters more or less cycles with the seasons, so 8 month seasons would be terrible. :\

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
maps and grandmasters more or less cycles with the seasons, so 8 month seasons would be terrible. :\

While I can see the map cycle thing being an issue, I don't see why Blizzard doesn't just swap out maps on a 3 month cycle, but keep the seasons longer.

The grandmaster issue I'm not familiar with. Shouldn't the same people be filling up the GM spots every season if they are putting in consistent results ?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
The grandmaster issue I'm not familiar with. Shouldn't the same people be filling up the GM spots every season if they are putting in consistent results ?
if they are.

if they aren't they'd have a free 8 month ticket to gm.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
if they are.

if they aren't they'd have a free 8 month ticket to gm.

Wouldn't they drop out if they perform poorly? Aren't the guys who are consistent going to pop back up and into GM during the season if some random cheeser got up there?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
Wouldn't they drop out if they perform poorly?
no, the only way to drop out is if your bonus pool gets too high. as long as you're playing regularly you will never drop out of gm.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I finally won my first 1v1 match. I won 2 actually. The first one doesn't really count though. The guy was Zerg and pushed all of his drones right off the bat while I was building a supply depot. I brought my workers over, killed a few and he quit lol. The 2nd one I won was pretty epic. I built up 3 barracks, one with tech for Marauders. I sent a 15-20 man push 3 separate times right up his ramp doing some damage. The 2nd time, I sent 4 vikings in the back of his base while sending a little army up the front. I discovered him hiding overlords and destroyed them. I attacked with the vikings but lost. Soon after, I did the same rush and was able to destroy his units and started to destroy his structures before he surrendered. That was a lot of fun.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tashi0106 said:
I finally won my first 1v1 match. I won 2 actually. The first one doesn't really count though. The guy was Zerg and pushed all of his drones right off the bat while I was building a supply depot. I brought my workers over, killed a few and he quit lol. The 2nd one I won was pretty epic. I built up 3 barracks, one with tech for Marauders. I sent a 15-20 man push 3 separate times right up his ramp doing some damage. The 2nd time, I sent 4 vikings in the back of his base while sending a little army up the front. I discovered him hiding overlords and destroyed them. I attacked with the vikings but lost. Soon after, I did the same rush and was able to destroy his units and started to destroy his structures before he surrendered. That was a lot of fun.
Starports can make medivacs which heal your units and can pick them up and they really annoy everyone. Did you make those? They are pretty good.
Usually you don't see a lot of Terrans make vikings besides 1 for killing overlords since Zerg's main air unit (the mutalisk) is fairly fragile and doesn't do much damage.

So Terrans rely on marines to counter them and medivacs to heal and drop units over the map.

hm, so Destiny joined a team. thread didn't say which one, but still pretty interesting. He actually has been playing harder lately since the festor nerf, so maybe he'll do well.

obviously, all eyes are on stephano now tho. I've been watching him for barely a month, but he's my favorite player by a pretty wide margin now. he makes me feel like i could actually play zerg, but I know I can't because for some reason my brain refuses to accept inject timings. well, not that I do anything but co op anyway.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hazaro said:
Starports can make medivacs which heal your units and can pick them up and they really annoy everyone. Did you make those? They are pretty good.
Usually you don't see a lot of Terrans make vikings besides 1 for killing overlords since Zerg's main air unit (the mutalisk) is fairly fragile and doesn't do much damage.

So Terrans rely on marines to counter them and medivacs to heal and drop units over the map.

Yea Medicvacs are really annoying. How do you pick up marines with them? Is it something you need to research? I like Vikings because they're pretty versatile. They shoot air and can drop down and shoot ground too. I like that.

I just lost a close match to a Zerg guy. I did what I did before when I pushed up from with Marines and Marauders and went around the back with Vikings. However, I think I gave him too much time to build an army. I also over estimated the power of those walker things that spit. When they first showed up, I backed my vikings off out of range. At the end though when I dropped them to shoot at it, I destroyed it in seconds. I should have dropped the vikings earlier to destroy those things, gone up in the air and then destroyed his overlords. I could have then pushed an army of Marines and ground troops up the front and I would have won the match.

Instead he pushed all of his guys to my base and I had my vikings in his base. It was a race to see who could destroy the others based the fastest and I lost. For some stupid reason I didn't lift my command center. I would have won if I had done that. Damn, so stupid.

jasonng said:

I don't know why you're worried because it won't affect who you're facing. If you get auto promoted to diamond it means you're already facing diamonds anyway.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
no, the only way to drop out is if your bonus pool gets too high. as long as you're playing regularly you will never drop out of gm.

Maybe Blizz should rework the GM system perhaps?? Not sure what would be a better means to keeping the best of the best up there, and making the cheesers belong to where they deserve.

Also, I posted a long thread in Off-topic, and since I like SC2 GAF, maybe some of you guys would be cool to read it over and possibly offer some advice? :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
Maybe Blizz should rework the GM system perhaps?? Not sure what would be a better means to keeping the best of the best up there, and making the cheesers belong to where they deserve.
we've had a drphacker at rank 1 for a month or two now. cheesers/abusers seem to belong in gm.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
as long as its not a widespread problem, they dont really seem to care.
yeah, it only seems to happen in na so it doesn't really matter for them.
if it happened on eu or korea though..........

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
yeah, it only seems to happen in na so it doesn't really matter for them.
if it happened on eu or korea though..........
more specifically, deezer was the only one dumb enough to climb to rank #1 with it recently. it'd be foolish to think these people arent on eu too.

Dooraven

Tashi0106 said:
Oooooh that's easy. Is there a limit to how many you can carry?

I don't know how Blizzard makes it's arbitary rules but you can hold 8 supply max in a transport. Banelings are an exception and so are colossi an ultras for some reason.

I wish Blizzard would allow people to create custom ladders. For instance, I'd love to see a diamond ladder league with custom maps consisting of various forums (GAF, TL, etc) to compete for bragging rights. In terms of pros, it could serve as an iccup type affair, and would also guarantee people like Deezer couldn't join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom