• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Very fair to TT1. No pressure now!

867-5309 said:
But seriously, how hard is it to eff up a bracket? I mean, c'mon....
Everyone makes mistakes.

I just called Carmac Carmack. Embarrassing mistake, I didn't pay attention, didn't double check. It happens.

jasonng

I'm debating about bringing out my ipad to the Barcraft NYC event on Sunday, just so I can communicate with you guys. I'm heading to the place myself, not sure what to expect.

a176

Banned
jasonng said:
I'm debating about bringing out my ipad to the Barcraft NYC event on Sunday, just so I can communicate with you guys. I'm heading to the place myself, not sure what to expect.

expect many nerds

jasonng

a176 said:
expect many nerds
Oh yeah, These are the drinks for the night:
daDie.jpg

IceMarker

HoN-GAF makes you guys look like sympathetic human beings, rather than pricks who make wise cracks every 20 seconds.

I miss SCII-GAF, if only for the community.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MrMister said:
HoN-GAF makes you guys look like sympathetic human beings, rather than pricks who make wise cracks every 20 seconds.

I miss SCII-GAF, if only for the community.
I can be a douche if you need that.

So HoN is serious business? I've been kinda thinking about trying one of those dota games, dunno which though; HoN looks the coolest graphically.

but I keep hearing everyone who plays is mean lol

IceMarker

PhoenixDark said:
So HoN is serious business? I've been kinda thinking about trying one of those dota games, dunno which though; HoN looks the coolest graphically.

but I keep hearing everyone who plays is mean lol
It is, HoN is the best DotA game IMO. Then again I've only really played it.

HoN-GAF is a double edged sword, they can be cool and funny guys, but if you try and talk serious for once or metaphorically they puke in your face with insults and wise cracks, not for the sensitive or timid.

Aylinato said:
I'll beLIEve it when I see it
Oh you will see it Aylinato :)

And we are gonna play the most casual games ever because I am rusty as fuck

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MrMister said:

HoN-GAF is a double edged sword, they can be cool and funny guys, but if you try and talk serious for once or metaphorically they puke in your face with insults and wise cracks, not for the sensitive or timid.

Oh you will see it Aylinato :)

And we are gonna play the most casual games ever because I am rusty as fuck
Demigod is the best Dota game....(i actually own that game)

IceMarker

Corran Horn said:
Demigod is the best Dota game....(i actually own that game)
I played a couple rounds at a friends house, kinda buggy...

Still though, be careful when dipping your toes into the depths of HoN-GAF.

Guesong

MrMister said:

Pick one ; either HoNGAF is the problem (with MrMr strangely being the sole recipient of it despite us being the biggest community on Mumble), or MrMr is the problem.

Come join us to see the answer! ^^

IceMarker

Guesong said:
Pick one ; either HoNGAF is the problem (with MrMr strangely being the sole recipient of it despite us being the biggest community on Mumble), or MrMr is the problem.

Come join us to see the answer! ^^
Hey some of you guys are sensible and actually understand who I am, like the original SCII-GAF I hung out with daily like I do with HoN-GAF. Guesong, Kagete, Procarbine, Moustachio, Neki, Thor, Insured, Sanjay, Haly, Delirium, and Anbokr (kinda) are all members that I still respect in HoN-GAF, which is a majority, but all of you are guilty of wise cracks or condescending remarks, but I can admit I've had my share, but the point I've almost always tried to get across is that I take things more sensitively.

SCII-GAF understood that :(

slidewinder said:
HoN's pretty much guaranteed to flatline the second DotA2 goes into open beta, though, right?
Almost, there are enough features and mechanics in HoN that are not in DOTA 2 to still give it life in the dota genre community.

MrMister said:
Now now, MrMister. It's one thing if you think we're that. But let everyone else make their own judgements. There's no need to scare people off of HoN, the 25+ regular players sure to seem to like the place, and we're always finding new people to join HoN-GAF. I'd just appreciate it if you were fair to us and curious new players alike by giving us that courtesy.

IceMarker

FromTheFuture said:
Now now, MrMister. It's one thing if you think we're that. But let everyone else make their own judgements. There's no need to scare people off of HoN, the 25+ regular players sure to seem to like the place, and we're always finding new people to join HoN-GAF. I'd just appreciate it if you were fair to us and curious new players alike by giving us that courtesy.
I'm just telling them what I see through my eyes, but recommended for everyone that HoN and DotA community is tough to get into in general, yes HoN-GAF is helpful to new players, but getting as involved as I am with it, and how I try to display my feelings only to get shit on is what I've witnessed for weeks now.

zlatko

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Probably didn't want them talking about IPL3 lolol

also, Jinro's message for Protoss players
http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/77685-sympathy-for-the-protoss

Oh okay thank Jeebus. I enjoy State of the Game a lot, so I'd be bummed if it was gonezorz. :p

As for your HoN question, I prefer League of Legends more myself. It's built from the ground up to be more user friendly and introduces you to its mechanics at a better pace so you are eased into it, but HoN assumes you know WTF is up from the get go, and just tosses you right in. No one will have sympathy if you are doing poorly, and the pace of combat is a lot different for me in HoN than it is in LoL.

If you are going to get into a moba... I honestly just say wait for DOTA 2. ;)

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
MrMister said:

I don't mean to barge in here, but I need to call you on this one MrMr.

When you posted in the thread and asked for real feedback, there was an outpouring of good-natured posts giving you our thoughts and trying our best to help you.

HoNGAF is not mean, we get frustrated often, but that's the nature of the game. Most of the frustration is inward, and the vast majority of the rest is between veteran players who can take the heat. We do all we can to welcome and help along new players, our in house games are a far more friendly environment to learn in that public games.

With regard to the public community though, toxic is an understatement.

MrMister said:
I'm just telling them what I see through my eyes, but recommended for everyone that HoN and DotA community is tough to get into in general, yes HoN-GAF is helpful to new players, but getting as involved as I am with it, and how I try to display my feelings only to get shit on is what I've witnessed for weeks now.

Dude, really? You threw a hissy fit because someone has you on ignore and we told you it was no big deal and to not worry about it.

IceMarker

Procarbine said:
I don't mean to barge in here, but I need to call you on this one MrMr.

When you posted in the thread and asked for real feedback, there was an outpouring of good-natured posts giving you our thoughts and trying our best to help you.

HoNGAF is not mean, we get frustrated often, but that's the nature of the game. Most of the frustration is inward, and the vast majority of the rest is between veteran players who can take the heat. We do all we can to welcome and help along new players, our in house games are a far more friendly environment to learn in that public games.

With regard to the public community though, toxic is an understatement.
Yes and as I posted I said, to paraphrase, that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but then again the people who needed to help me the most (puppetyuber manning up and actually post constructive criticism, which meant a lot to me) were still silent, namely Chanstaa. Honestly the things that have been setting me off the most is just how rude we are to each other, not just to me, and no seems to care, and being the sensitive guy that I am sometimes I just can't let it slide, and Chanstaa today, talking in spectator and talking to you guys, but deliberately avoiding me at all costs, is the most offensive thing anyone can do to me, especially if I think they are a genuinely good person, and Chanstaa is, but his actions make no sense to me.

If you want clear cut things I'd like to see happen, A) less trash talk, B) more sympathy for problems that will sometime elevate beyond the game, and C) Chanstaa give me the details on why he is causing me to do this, when he knows damn well what he is doing.

Procarbine said:
Dude, really? You threw a hissy fit because someone has you on ignore and we told you it was no big deal and to not worry about it.
I'm offended because he has me on ignore, the only way to actually get your attention is to make this outrageous fits, otherwise I become a face in the crowd, I'm trying to leave a goddamn impact on your minds, and evidently I'm doing something right, for the most part.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
What on earth do you mean by "face in the crowd"? Who out of our community personifies this?

What you perceive to be excessive rudeness is all in good fun between those involved. When they don't care and you do, it's your problem not theirs.

I can assure you that throwing a tantrum in mumble, as a grown man, is not the way to get people to sympathize with you.

Apologies SC2 GAF, I won't clutter up this thread any more.

IceMarker

Procarbine said:
What on earth do you mean by "face in the crowd"? Who out of our community personifies this?

What you perceive to be excessive rudeness is all in good fun between those involved. When they don't care and you do, it's your problem not theirs.

I can assure you that throwing a tantrum in mumble, as a grown man, is not the way to get people to sympathize with you.

Apologies SC2 GAF, I won't clutter up this thread any more.
You know as well as I do you're all getting a sick fucking thrill off my 'fit', which I perceive as passionate yelling.

Anyways, SC2-GAF see you Wednesday, it's about damn time I make a stop back to my first GAF home.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MrMister said:
You know as well as I do you're all getting a sick fucking thrill off my 'fit', which I perceive as passionate yelling.

Anyways, SC2-GAF see you Wednesday, it's about damn time I make a stop back to my first GAF home.

Awesome! I will do my best to make an appearance too if i get a chance during my lunch break

IceMarker

HolyCheck said:
Awesome! I will do my best to make an appearance too if i get a chance during my lunch break
I talked to Corran on Mumble for a good 20 minutes, sounds like some of you guys are still around, sounds good!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: -nevermind-

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: -nevermind-

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Wow, I do not like edited Yoshi posts. Either gold is in there, or Rage! o_O
Only the mods know the true answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom