• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tashi0106 said:
You guys making an MLG Orlando thread? I'll be attending. Playing Halo though.
Someone will. Last time it was stuffed with SC II though, if you want Halo discussion you might want to make an MLG Halo thread tbh.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I can upload to imgur through my phone, nothing can stop me when I pony. I'll pony in the rain at 3am behind a Starbucks if I have to.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I can only hope.

As an aside anyone have a guess how long UPS would take to ship from California US to Ontario Canada?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
go to the library :lol

oh you were prob using your laptop at the library, nvm then T.T
Yea library pcs only guarantee an hour after that your booted if someone else needs the pc

Deadman

on shattered drg tried to do an infested terran spam attack except it seemed to come kind of late, gatored had enough zealots to kill it off. after that he took 3rd base, zealot stalker sentry colo ball and won.

on shakuras he ffe and got 2 stargates, made phoenixes from both without revealing until he had about 10. also got 5 gate and a warp prism. started doing phoenix harass which caught drg off guard, killed all the queens. warp prism then dropped 3 sentries in the main and started warping stuff in. main killed but drg still has 2 other bases and makes another. gatored also takes a third. drg tries to attack at the front but forcefield denies it, phoenxies come in and lift up the roaches and hydras.

after that he got the same z/s/s/c ball but still had most of his phoenixes left. attacked drg and won.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DH tickets bought

geeegeee

Zen

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
no protoss left in the gsl to find out.

For a second there I thought you meant that every toss had been eliminated from the GSL and not "eliminated from the current tournaments".

Then I reflected on how plausible the first thought may actually be.

Q8D3vil

Zen said:
For a second there I thought you meant that every toss had been eliminated from the GSL and not "eliminated from the current tournaments".

Then I reflected on how plausible the first thought may actually be.
wait for the next gsl if you want the highest level or just check this mlg, imo pvz looks worse than pvt for protoss.

PvT looks like the most unbalanced shit I've ever seen. Or maybe Toss are just bad and haven't come up with any new strategies in months.

but seriously, Toss looks like a joke in nearly every PvT I watch. Like "lolol all your army is dead and I've still got 8 Mauraders left" is the outcome regardless of unit composition, micro, etc.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
PhoenixDark said:
PvT looks like the most unbalanced shit I've ever seen. Or maybe Toss are just bad and haven't come up with any new strategies in months.

but seriously, Toss looks like a joke in nearly every PvT I watch. Like "lolol all your army is dead and I've still got 8 Mauraders left" is the outcome regardless of unit composition, micro, etc.
Its imba.

Q8D3vil

PhoenixDark said:

tbh i feel that they are losing because terrans have godly micro, when it comes to ht vs ghost it all comes down to the micro and the one with the best micro win (terran need to emp the all the ht where protoss just need to land 2-3 storms to win the battle). if there is imbalance with the whole mass emp thing it can be fix with a unit change

but in pvz i feel that protoss are losing because they are getting out macro'd from the get go and most of their fe builds are figured out ( roach ling against 3 gate expand) to the point you see them do forge fe in almost every map while the zerg take fast third and laugh at them.

dunno, maybe because i'm a terran so i see that pvz looks harder than pvt. i'm not talking about imbalance just discussing state of the game :p

Q8D3vil said:
tbh i feel that they are losing because terrans have godly micro, when it comes to ht vs ghost it all comes down to the micro and the one with the best micro win (terran need to emp the all the ht where protoss just need to land 2-3 storms to win the battle). if there is imbalance with the whole mass emp thing it can be fix with a unit change.

So you don't think that the fact that ghosts have more range, are much sturdier, are much faster and can cloak doesn't have some impact on these micro battles?

Also you're right protoss do only have to land a few storms to win but good luck getting any off against a player with even decent ghost micro.

Q8D3vil said:
but in pvz i feel that protoss are losing because they are getting out macro'd from the get go and most of their fe builds are figured out ( roach ling against 3 gate expand) to the point you see them do forge fe in almost every map while the zerg take fast third and laugh at them.

That's true in a way but i'm not sure what they should do about it. I also get the feeling that PvZ will become a lot less one sided with the infestor nerf.

BigAT

Q8D3vil said:
tbh i feel that they are losing because terrans have godly micro, when it comes to ht vs ghost it all comes down to the micro and the one with the best micro win (terran need to emp the all the ht where protoss just need to land 2-3 storms to win the
Terrans are inherently better at micro?

ewsdI.gif

Q8D3vil

So you don't think that the fact that ghosts have more range, are much sturdier, are much faster and can cloak doesn't have some impact on these micro battles?
they better be, unit cost 200 minerals and 100 gas.
ht cost 50 minerals and 150 gas and its easier to build and when their energy is gone u can morph them into heavy tank unit ( not against emp though lol :p ).

That's true in a way but i'm not sure what they should do about it. I also get the feeling that PvZ will become a lot less one sided with the infestor nerf.
yeah i agree that they can't do anything about it thats why i said i think pvz is harder for protoss.
i guess protoss will have to wait for hots :p

Terrans are inherently better at micro?
no, like i said if you can emp all the hts that mean that you have a better micro because your opponent didn't feedback you first. storms are much deadlier than emp's because they can kill units while emp's makes it easier to kill units.

Q8D3vil said:
they better be, unit cost 200 minerals and 100 gas.
ht cost 50 minerals and 150 gas and its easier to build and when their energy is gone u can morph them into heavy tank unit ( not against emp though lol :p ).

Considering how important gas is HT's are still very expensive. If you watch most PvT's it's not like the protoss play is able to get far more HT's than ghosts.

Yeah maybe ghosts are expensive but that doesn't mean the battle should be that favoured in the ghosts direction.

Also you do get the option to turn them into archons except most times if this happens in a battle they will die before they can finish morphing. That plus a lot of terrans are simply sniping HT's now anyway.

Being able to turn into an archon doesn't really help if you can't get off the spells you need.

Maybe putting them in warp prisms is the answer, i would like to see more protoss try this.

Edit:
Q8D3vil said:
no, like i said if you can emp all the hts that mean that you have a better micro because your opponent didn't feedback you first. storms are much deadlier than emp's because they can kill units while emp's makes it easier to kill units.

As i said before that doesn't necessarily mean the terran has better micro as the battle is favoured for them in the first place. If you a terran micros properly it doesn't matter how good the protoss players micro is they won't get off any feedbacks or storms.

Also like i mentioned above i would like to see how putting them into warp prisms changes things.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
Considering how important gas is HT's are still very expensive. If you watch most PvT's it's not like the protoss play is able to get far more HT's than ghosts.

Yeah maybe ghosts are expensive but that doesn't mean the battle should be that favoured in the ghosts direction.

Also you do get the option to turn them into archons except most times if this happens in a battle they will die before they can finish morphing. That plus a lot of terrans are simply sniping HT's now anyway.

Being able to turn into an archon doesn't really help if you can't get off the spells you need.

Maybe putting them in warp prisms is the answer, i would like to see more protoss try this.
dunno if you notice this but when huge battle happens in pvt you always see one side coming way ahead of the other and rarely see it break even. and i agree the whole ht inside warp prism is scary as fuck.

Q8D3vil said:
dunno if you notice this but when huge battle happens in pvt you always see one side coming way ahead of the other and rarely see it break even. and i agree the whole ht inside warp prism is scary as fuck.

I do notice this and it's one of the reasons why i hate PvT in SC2. BW PvT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SC2 PvT.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
I do notice this and it's one of the reasons why i hate PvT in SC2. BW PvT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SC2 PvT.
mech is always more interesting to me but it won't work in the very high level anytime soon (goody is the furthest it will get).

Dooraven

Mech PvT will never work. This is because Blizzard in their infinite wisdom decided to add the marauder to the Terran arsenal because they felt that playing mech TvP was too hard on the casual player and decided to make Bio more viable. They then designed Protoss from the ground up to counter mech based play, from prisms, to chargelots to blink stalkers, to immortals, everything was designed against mech play in mind so that people would use bio more and more.

PvZ is going to get much better with the 1.4 patch though, the neural nerf meant that both colossus and now the mothership are viable again. PvT will still be boned until they fix the 1/1/1 and make ghost/ht more even.

But protoss really needs a redesign in general. They need to remove forcefeild, redesign the protoss tech tree entirely, remove warp gates and the colossus and buff gateway units and add decent hassment to the arsenal.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Mech PvT will never work. This is because Blizzard in their infinite wisdom decided to add the marauder to the Terran arsenal because they felt that playing mech TvP was too hard on the casual player and decided to make Bio more viable. They then designed Protoss from the ground up to counter mech based play, from prisms, to chargelots to blink stalkers, to immortals, everything was designed against mech play in mind so that people would use bio more and more.

PvZ is going to get much better with the 1.4 patch though, the neural nerf meant that both colossus and now the mothership are viable again. PvT will still be boned until they fix the 1/1/1 and make ghost/ht more even.

But protoss really needs a redesign in general. They need to remove forcefeild, redesign the protoss tech tree entirely, remove warp gates and the colossus and buff gateway units and add decent hassment to the arsenal.
don't blame marauders when roaches are certainly the main problem :p
blizzard stated 1 year ago they can't nerf marauders because of them :p
roaches are easier to mass too :p

about the redesign, it won't happen. blizzard like gateway and forcefield enough to keep them around and don't worry blizzard said that protoss will get their harass unit in hots.

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
don't blame marauders when roaches are certainly the main problem :p
blizzard stated 1 year ago they can't nerf marauders because of them :p
roaches are easier to mass too :p

about the redesign, it won't happen. blizzard like gateway and forcefield enough to keep them around and don't worry blizzard said that protoss will get their harass unit in hots.

Well the roach too, it doesn't even feel like a zerg unit. It's the complete opposite of a zerg design philosophy which is meant to be weak and cheap but easily massable. Roaches are pretty strong cost effective units, but you don't really want to mass them up because they're horribly supply inefficient.

Wait are roaches really that big of a problem? It's not like roaches really dominate terran outside of marauders. Even when a terran doesn't get them roaches usually are considered pretty bad because of tanks.

I'm sure blizzard could easily get rid of marauders without making roaches OP.

Dooraven said:

I mostly just miss spider mines. In a way i'm even sure i want mech in SC2. Vultures and goliaths were much more interesing than hellions and thors (i'm just talking about against protoss).

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
Wait are roaches really that big of a problem? It's not like roaches really dominate terran outside of marauders. Even when a terran doesn't get them roaches usually are considered pretty bad because of tanks.

I'm sure blizzard could easily get rid of marauders without making roaches OP.

I mostly just miss spider mines. In a way i'm even sure i want mech in SC2. Vultures and goliaths were much more interesing than hellions and thors (i'm just talking about against protoss).
adding vultures will make tvp and tvz way more interesting, but it will make tvt way longer too :p

Well the roach too, it doesn't even feel like a zerg unit. It's the complete opposite of a zerg design philosophy which is meant to be weak and cheap but easily massable. Roaches are pretty strong cost effective units, but you don't really want to mass them up because they're horribly supply inefficient.
only when zerg and protoss hit 200 army, as long zerg hit 200 ( they usually hit 200 while protoss is 130) zerg can sacrifice roaches while denying expos and build a tier 3 army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom