• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
only when zerg and protoss hit 200 army, as long zerg hit 200 ( they usually hit 200 while protoss is 130) zerg can sacrifice roaches while denying expos and build a tier 3 army.

Well yeah, doesn't mean that the roach is a well designed "zerg" unit though.

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
adding vultures will make tvp and tvz way more interesting, but it will make tvt way longer too :p

only when zerg and protoss hit 200 army, as long zerg hit 200 ( they usually hit 200 while protoss is 130) zerg can sacrifice roaches while denying expos and build a tier 3 army.

If you let Zerg get 200 while you are still at 130 then you are doing something wrong as a protoss.

Dooraven

fanboi said:
If you let Zerg get 200 while you are still at 130 then you are doing something wrong as a protoss.

Not really, Zerg maxes out with pure roach at around 130 supply/ Roach Hydra around 150 and Roach Hydra Corrupter around 160. This is because of the supply numbers of the roach artificially inflate the proper strength of the Zerg army, it is balanced by the fact that colossus and forcefeilds allow the protoss to win engagements when they're 50 supply behind a roach corrupter army. A 200/200 army of stalker colossus destorys any zerg roach hydra corrupter army, but it falls drastically when the zerg obtains the broodlord infestor deathcloud where then the roles of protoss and zerg are reversed and the protoss should move to a mothership/blinkstalker/warp prism army to abuse the immobility of the deathcloud and eventually transition into archon toilet etc.

Of course this is compeltley diffrent when you're facing muta ling.

fanboi

Banned
Dooraven said:
Not really, Zerg maxes out with pure roach at around 130 supply/ Roach Hydra around 150 and Roach Hydra Corrupter around 160. This is because of the supply numbers of the roach artificially inflate the proper strength of the Zerg army, it is balanced by the fact that colossus and forcefeilds allow the protoss to win engagements when they're 50 supply behind a roach corrupter army. A 200/200 army of stalker colossus destorys any zerg roach hydra corrupter army, but it falls drastically when the zerg obtains the broodlord infestor deathcloud where then the roles of protoss and zerg are reversed and the protoss should move to a mothership/blinkstalker/warp prism army to abuse the immobility of the deathcloud and eventually transition into archon toilet etc.

Of course this is compeltley diffrent when you're facing muta ling.

If you do straight up macro and no aggro games then yes.

Usually some sort of timing, all in, harass happens which skews the balance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
Your gas is super cheap, make your way to Sweden :D Let's go!

Mairu

Anyone bored enough to assist me in creating cheerfuls for Blizzcon/GSL that I can display on my tablet for next weekend?! I have no skills in the visual arts :(

MrKnives

I still won't listen any Protoss complaints about balance until they start using Warp Prisms. I don't know will they change anything or not but the lack of trying is disturbing.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
I still won't listen any Protoss complaints about balance until they start using Warp Prisms. I don't know will they change anything or not but the lack of trying is disturbing.
They lack the multitasking obviously.

Keikaku

Mairu said:
Anyone bored enough to assist me in creating cheerfuls for Blizzcon/GSL that I can display on my tablet for next weekend?! I have no skills in the visual arts :(
I wouldn't mind helping.

PM me.

Dooraven

MrKnives said:

Uh, Warp prisms have been used heavily since 1.4. I dunno which games you have been watching because JYP, HerO, MC, Whitera etc all are using warp prisms a lot in PvZ. PvT is a bit less but loads of protosses are using warp prism storms etc. 1.4 should help PvZ a ton and the stats I'm expecting will reflect that soon, but PvT is going to be screwed for a while.

Dooraven said:
Uh, Warp prisms have been used heavily since 1.4. I dunno which games you have been watching because JYP, HerO, MC, Whitera etc all are using warp prisms a lot in PvZ. PvT is a bit less but loads of protosses are using warp prism storms etc. 1.4 should help PvZ a ton and the stats I'm expecting will reflect that soon, but PvT is going to be screwed for a while.

It's a lot more risky in PvT because marines are very good anti air (whereas until lair zerg players are relying on queens and spores). I think the huge range of vikings and the fact that they are pretty standard for the matchup also makes things difficult.

I think we will see them a little in PvT but nothing like in PvZ.

MrKnives

Dooraven said:

When has MC used a warp prism? I don't think there is a warp prism in 4gate. Except that one pathetic attempt in PvP.

"Heavily used", are you freaking kidding me. I'm happy if I see even 1/10 protoss players use them in tournaments like IPL, IEM or MLG.

The games I have seen JYP, Hero, Whitera, Gator yesterday all used warp prism I agree with you but you want to know the funny thing? All games I've seen where they use warp prisms they have actually won.
Go figure.

Granted that's probably not the case with all games but my point was that if they get such a good results with warp prisms why the names you mentioned are pretty much only protoss players that uses them?

Dooraven

IEM v Select where everyone said "wow" and then against puma where it failed miserably because of a slight misclick. We haven't really seen much else of MC because well MC is in Code B and hasn't attended many tournaments since getting kicked out but he used it while streaming. (Granted that wasn't 1.4)

I'm including the KR weekly in "Heavily used" because thats one of the few tournaments left which has protosses in it that don't get knocked out of the first couple of rounds, and a lot of them are using warp prisms decently enough. Even ToD used a lot of them against Nerchio in the Samsung Championship. It's a bit shortsighted to use only major LANs as indicators when the patch just came out.

Also the Patch just came out, so give them a tad bit of time to actually show the strats and late game prism useage.

Like I said, 1.4 is a major buff for PvZ and should actually help PvZ loads, but it's not going to do much for PvT.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dooraven said:
IEM v Select where everyone said "wow" and then against puma where it failed miserably because of a slight misclick. We haven't really seen much else of MC because well MC is in Code B and hasn't attended many tournaments since getting kicked out but he used it while streaming. (Granted that wasn't 1.4)

I'm including the KR weekly in "Heavily used" because thats one of the few tournaments left which has protosses in it that don't get knocked out of the first couple of rounds, and a lot of them are using warp prisms decently enough. Even ToD used a lot of them against Nerchio in the Samsung Championship. It's a bit shortsighted to use only major LANs as indicators when the patch just came out.

Also the Patch just came out, so give them a tad bit of time to actually show the strats and late game prism useage.

Like I said, 1.4 is a major buff for PvZ and should actually help PvZ loads, but it's not going to do much for PvT.
HT in speed prism is pretty good.

MrKnives

If this is true then forget forGG, iloveOOv is here bitches

iloveoov11.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BW macro is ezier

almost as ez as Age of Empires 2 macro

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshichan said:
BW macro is ezier

almost as ez as Age of Empires 2 macro
SC II players would commit suicide over 4+ base BW macro.
"What do you mean I have to keep clicking on all my unit making structures???"

Dooraven

You mean not only do I have to rally my probes but I have to move them there physically? Buggy game is buggy, this game is horrible, how do people play it. lol

Yoshichan

Hazaro said:
Shit still blew my mind when I started up BW a year ago.

Haunted

Hazaro said:
Yeah, BW's UI is pretty bad. It's like playing football with your legs tied together.

Still loved the game. Landmark title in its time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Haunted said:
Yeah, BW's UI is pretty bad. It's like playing football with your legs tied together.
Imagine a league with people who play this way because they train for hours a day.
The sport would be glorious.

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
fuck all the bw haters
There are no BW haters in here

Haunted

^^ sick burn

Hazaro said:
Imagine a league with people who play this way because they train for hours a day.
The sport would be glorious.
And then let them loose in a game where they can finally use both legs! That's iloveoov and forgg moving over.

edit: forgg took 3rd place in the first Korean weekly he participated in. Pretty good.

Haunted

Watching IEM and I can't help but notice how utterly fucked MrBitterdam seem. They look and sound so damn tired.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I watch more soccer than any sport and more MLS than any other league and the team I support is the worst in the league.
A sadist, eh? That's fine, I don't judge.
Seriously though, it's awesome to support the hometown team/local scene.

syllogism

To people who weren't watching:

TT1 played against Gatored in quarterfinals and won 3-0. Soon after Carmack showed up and said there was a referee error (everyone had grumbled about this whole day) and TT1 was supposed to play against DRG, so the matches didn't count and he'll have to play again tomorrow

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
imo you need to manually control every worker. So basically,

1: Click the worker.
2: Click on the mineral patch.
3: When he arrives, press Q to start mining.
4: Press Q multiple times to mine at a faster rate.
5: When he's finished mining, click the command center and press Q again.
6: Repeat process.

Oh, and there's auto-mining for protoss. They need the handicap.

Won

syllogism said:
To people who weren't watching:

TT1 played against Gatored in quarterfinals and won 3-0. Soon after Carmack showed up and said there was a referee error (everyone had grumbled about this whole day) and TT1 was supposed to play against DRG, so the matches didn't count and he'll have to play again tomorrow

Since TT1 beat Gatored easily and Gatored beat DRG, this should be no problem for TT1!

Tntnnbltn

Yoshichan said:
imo you need to manually control every worker. So basically,

1: Click the worker.
2: Click on the mineral patch.
3: When he arrives, press Q to start mining.
4: Press Q multiple times to mine at a faster rate.
5: When he's finished mining, click the command center and press Q again.
6: Repeat process.
WTF?! That's so inefficient. Why the fuck would you do that?!

You should press C to return cargo, not click the Command Center

Keikaku

ultron87 said:
Can we have a fight about auto-mining somehow making SC2 a worse game?

It'll be like the old days.
I never understood this argument.

Because needing to manually queue your workers somehow makes it a better game. Yes, that makes perfect sense.

In the same vein, I propose that we take away mouselook and mandate that all FPS games from now on have locked axis' of movement. This will, magically, make every FPS better. Don't ask how-just accept that terrible UI and game design actually makes it a better game.

Yoshichan

Tntnnbltn said:
WTF?! That's so inefficient. Why the fuck would you do that?!

You should press C to return cargo, not click the Command Center
Shit, you're right! Sorry!

Haunted

PhoenixDark said:
Nah, just poorly designed
That's not a contradiction!

Also, it was great design in 1998. Now... not so much.

syllogism said:
Oh my god IEM, thought Carmack was trolling
Carmac's humour is so deadpan, I still thought he was joking well after his first apology. >_>

Not that big of a deal though. Except that this means there's a possibility for an all-Korean final (oh noes). And TT1 probably being pissed - while Gatored is happy. :p

zargle

Haunted said:
Carmack's humour is so deadpan, I still thought he was joking well after his first apology. >_>

Not that big of a deal though. Except that this means there's a possibility for an all-Korean final (oh noes). And TT1 probably being pissed - while Gatored is happy. :p

But seriously, how hard is it to eff up a bracket? I mean, c'mon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom