• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q8D3vil said:
i'm certain that i will be dropping to diamond.

I thought i had a chance at promotion until my lose streak yesterday. I have been playing quite a few masters but after losing 6 straight i'm facing diamonds again.

Some of my loses were so bad it defies belief. One protoss walled me in at my ramp with 3 pylons, a gateway and a cannon. I killed that easily without losing a unit (and before the cannon even popped). When i went to his ramp there were like 6 cannons at the top. A while later he all inned with blink stalkers and i died because i forgot ling speed and had like 1600/1600 saving for mutas even though i basically knew what he was doing (don't ask why i went mutas, i was just rusty as fuck and thought i had him beat easy).

Against another protoss similar thing. He went for a big 4 gate push which i crushed easily. Again he sat in his base for a fair while before all innning with gateway units. Like the other game i was just casually saving up for mutas thinking i had him dead easy.

Against a zerg i went for early ling/bling. We had similar ling numbers but i had speed (he didn't cause of quick expand) and i had like 5-6 banelings. I accidently blew all my banelings on a queen and failed with my attack. Feels bad man.

Oh and then i let a terran player block me off using 3 bunkers on abyssal caverns which he used to kill my nat using 2 reapers. I even knew the reapers were coming.

I guess this is why you don't wait a couple of weeks without playing.

fanboi

Banned
Hazaro said:
Wow Haypro I am so disappoint.

HuK kissed Puma on the head.
jIyFBNEEqlwzs.jpg

Thought it was a cat :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why'd Phoenix get banned?
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Paging Yoshi:

W3woc.jpg
Oh my God.

perryfarrell said:
Dont they have 5 flying units already? I guess they're the most technically advanced race.. so perhaps it makes sense.

Terran have Viking, Medivac, Raven, Banshee aaaaaand Battlecruiser.

Protoss would have Phoenix, Void Ray, Carriers, Mothership, this new thing. Can we say that Observer and Prism are air units ?

MrKnives

UnluckyKate said:

Protoss would have Phoenix, Void Ray, Carriers, Mothership, this new thing. Can we say that Observer and Prism are air units ?

If you can say a medivac is an air unit why not warp prism? I don't get it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
UnluckyKate said:
Terran have Viking, and Banshees.
Protoss would have Phoenix, Void Ray
Fixed.

Yoshichan

Wow, that is awesome :lol

Dooraven

UnluckyKate said:

They're probably going to replace the void ray with this new thing. The void ray isn't really an interesting unit.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
UnluckyKate said:

You're a knob.

Yoshichan

Dooraven said:
They're probably going to replace the void ray with this new thing. The void ray isn't really an interesting unit.
Maybe this is the case right now but I'm pretty sure someone at Blizzard loved the idea of how the void ray worked when the game was released.

Dooraven

Yoshichan said:
Maybe this is the case right now but I'm pretty sure someone at Blizzard loved the idea of how the void ray worked when the game was released.

It was an intersting unit when it was released, with flux vnes it was a pretty mobile harassy unit which can be devestating if charged up but they nerfed it so now it's just an eh unit that has a pretty decent attack.

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
i'm sure they loved reapers when the game was released
but damn zerg didn't

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
i'm sure they loved reapers when the game was released
but damn zerg didn't
I still want my stim reapers y'know

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
+regen during burrow much quicker
+movement speed during burrow was quicker then unborrowed
God DAAAAAAAMN son, why would you even unborrow your roach at that point :lol

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
They should have just left everything in its alpha form. OP vs OP is fun to watch.
Sounds like Diablo 3 to me!

zlatko

Banned
Two questions:

1) Why was Phoenix banned? :(

2) Where can I find that State of the Game above archived? I went to JP's blip and it isn't there, and I browsed MLG and tried to search there, but couldn't find it. :(

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
Two questions:

1) Why was Phoenix banned? :(
Probably that stupid thread in off-topic that got 10+ people banned.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
That's about as vague as you can get. :p
Haha, I guess you're right...

Haunted

MrKnives said:
Bracket.gif

Yea it worked pretty good that way.
Thanks. Hm, that lineup isn't as stacked as I thought it was.

Also since I learned the map pool and that it has close spawns... MVP will take this.

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
wtf so many bans lol
Yep!
GreekWolf said:
Protip (from a 6 year GAF'er):

Steer clear of threads with heavy political, sexual orientation, religious or weaboo overtones. There's a better than average chance a random mod will drop in, whose had bad day at work, and is now looking to play whack-a-mole. Blood will be shed.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Haha, I guess you're right...

I went through all of its pages, and he only commented once on the first page with, "absolutely pathetic," and that isn't ban worthy honestly.

So it was something else. Hmmm.

Edit: Thanks Hugo. I see it's only the MP3, and it won't be up till 10/20 at the latest for the VOD, so I'll have to wait as I like watching SotG. ;)

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
I went through all of its pages, and he only commented once on the first page with, "absolutely pathetic," and that isn't ban worthy honestly.

So it was something else. Hmmm.
Yeah... damn it, I wish we could search post history :(

zlatko

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
Btw when is pancakes comming back? Didn't he wanted to get banned for some finals or something?

Being banned just makes you suck on GAF's teet more. That lurker status.

guystaringthroughwindowwithfacepressedagainstglass.jpg

Yoshichan

Blizzcon in 2 days, right?

Holden

zlatko said:
Is Huk at Blizzcon? I don't see him on that list for ESWC.

No blizzcon= Zerg fest!

Dunno what huk is gonna do... i guess go back to korea..? with idra!?! It's about the time of the year where EG said they are sending him ;/

Yoshichan said:
Fuck SC2. Blizzcon is all about the future good games (Diablo 3 and WoW)

Sc2 to hard for you? :DDD
You got a d3 beta?

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Fuck SC2. Blizzcon is all about the future good games (Diablo 3 and Blizzard's next MMO)

Fixed that for you. I hope Blizzcon though gives us a date for HotS beta and/or opens the floodgates to Diablo 3 beta.

Let me in Blizzard. :(

Holden

zlatko said:
Fixed that for you. I hope Blizzcon though gives us a date for HotS beta and/or opens the floodgates to Diablo 3 beta.

Let me in Blizzard. :(

I would guess Jan 2012 for beta

actually its blizzard so June 2012

But i really hope they talk about balance in blizzcon...

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
Sc2 to hard for you? :DDD
You got a d3 beta?
Too hard? More like too easy. Multiple d3 betas... and no, don't PM me for one. They're all taken :p

Holden

Yoshichan said:
Too hard? More like too easy. Multiple d3 betas... and no, don't PM me for one. They're all taken :p

Ya making marines is pretty ez.

No im not that interested in d3 anyway; it can wait. dota2 cant T.T. I was just wondering if you had one.

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
Ya making marines is pretty ez.

No im not that interested in d3 anyway; it can wait. dota2 cant T.T. I was just wondering if you had one.
Toss macro is pretty ez too I heard

edit: eh, so is press 5 s z too...

Fuck this embarrassing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom