• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
But combats pretty good.

He's been a pretty good guy lately too, destiny mellowed him out maybe or He got tired of the gimmick.

Holden

Dream hack winter players

01. oGs MC - Winner DreamHack Stockholm Invitational
02. Tt Esports White-Ra - Runner up DreamHack Stockholm Invitational
03. Team EG HuK - Winner DreamHack Summer 2011
04. coL.MVP DongRaeGu - Winner DreamHack Valencia Invitational
05. Mousesports ThorZaIN - Runner up DreamHack Valencia Invitational
06. Virus Gaming Bly - DreamHack Summer 2011 BYOC
07. Redbyte StarEagle - DreamHack Summer 2011 BYOC
08. Cyber Nation SarenS - Runner up DreamHack South Europe Regionals
09. Low Land Lions Orly - Winner DreamHack Benelux Regionals
10. Inferno eSports SortOf - Winner Esport SM Oktober (8-9 October)
11. Winner Esport SM November (4-5 November)
12. Winner DreamHack Balkan Regionals
13. Winner Online Qualification #1 (26 October)
14. Runner up Online Qualification #1 (26 October)
15. Winner Online Qualification #2 (27 October)
16. Runner up Online Qualification #2 (27 October)
17. Winner Online Qualification #3 (1 November)
18. Runner up Online Qualification #3 (1 November)
19. Winner Online Qualification #4 (2 November)
20. Runner up Online Qualification #4 (2 November)
21. coL.MVP Genius
22. Gama Bears Sen
23. Liquid Sheth
24. compLexity NaNiwa
25. Liquid`HerO
26. Team Acer Elfi
27. Team Acer Nerchio
28. Liquid Ret
29. Fnatic ToD
30. Liquid HayprO
31. Liquid TLO
32. Fnatic TT1
33. Team Empire Kas
34. Team Empire Happy
35. Grubby
36-64. TBA

Q8D3vil

Idra better bow to the emperor before he enters his house.

Fungal would've gotten waaaay more.
FF started it all :(

01. oGs MC - Winner DreamHack Stockholm Invitational
02. Tt Esports White-Ra - Runner up DreamHack Stockholm Invitational
03. Team EG HuK - Winner DreamHack Summer 2011
04. coL.MVP DongRaeGu - Winner DreamHack Valencia Invitational
05. Mousesports ThorZaIN - Runner up DreamHack Valencia Invitational
06. Virus Gaming Bly - DreamHack Summer 2011 BYOC
07. Redbyte StarEagle - DreamHack Summer 2011 BYOC
08. Cyber Nation SarenS - Runner up DreamHack South Europe Regionals
09. Low Land Lions Orly - Winner DreamHack Benelux Regionals
10. Inferno eSports SortOf - Winner Esport SM Oktober (8-9 October)
11. Winner Esport SM November (4-5 November)
12. Winner DreamHack Balkan Regionals
13. Winner Online Qualification #1 (26 October)
14. Runner up Online Qualification #1 (26 October)
15. Winner Online Qualification #2 (27 October)
16. Runner up Online Qualification #2 (27 October)
17. Winner Online Qualification #3 (1 November)
18. Runner up Online Qualification #3 (1 November)
19. Winner Online Qualification #4 (2 November)
20. Runner up Online Qualification #4 (2 November)
21. coL.MVP Genius
22. Gama Bears Sen
23. Liquid Sheth
24. compLexity NaNiwa
25. Liquid`HerO
26. Team Acer Elfi
27. Team Acer Nerchio
28. Liquid Ret
29. Fnatic ToD
30. Liquid HayprO
31. Liquid TLO
32. Fnatic TT1
33. Team Empire Kas
34. Team Empire Happy
35. Grubby
36-64. TBA
another DH that won't be won by a terran.
at least we have gsl.

Deadly

According to Osen, KeSPA is considering having both Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2 played in the 2011-2012 Season of the Proleague.*

The article states that KeSPA underwent some internal restructuring earlier this month, and though they have not talked to Blizzard or Gretech about the details, they are considering an option to play both Starcraft 1 and 2 in the upcoming season. If Starcraft 2 does happen to be introduced into the Proleague, it may be introduced towards the middle of the 2011-2012 season.

The article also states Pro-gaming teams are starting to think more realistically about Starcraft II, upgrading their computers to be more suitable for Starcraft II, and also testing Starcraft II internally.

When asked for comment, an anonymous KeSPA employee answered that "it is true that we are considering it, but nothing has been confirmed. We will try to meet the expectations of e-Sports fans through continued negotiations with Blizzard."
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=277093
Hmm interesting. How is this going to work for them though if GOMtv still has exclusive rights?

jasonng

Cheeto said:
I want alpha roaches
You don't post here much anymore but when you do, boy do you lay down the truth.

My internet has been completely unstable for the past week so I'm not sure if I can attend Gaf Night. Believe me I want to, I want nothing more than to murder Splinter in a Bo3.

Deadman

Even though it would be competition for the gsl they would be smart to sub license, would generate much more interest for sc2 in korea and everyone would benefit.

Edit:

Interesting theory on reddit about demuslim: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lhncf/demuslims_visa_issues/

Basically it proposes that demuslim's "visa issues" that kept him out of iem china and mlg orlando are not visa issues preventing him from going to usa or china, but are actually him being required to be back in the uk in order to apply for a visa for south korea.

Would make sense as hes been living in usa for so long without any problems and there shouldnt be a visa issue that can prevent him from going to china and usa at the same time.

Hugoboss21 said:
Dream hack winter players
It's terrible when a major tournament organizer invites the majority of their players rather than playing a proper qualifier where the more deserving players would come out.

This will only ensure that the already popular players get more popular while the other players who would probably knock some of those fan favorites out just sit on the sidelines.

Hopefully next year every major event will have a proper qualifier and make every thing more legitimate.

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
i guess he want to stay in code s.

119810_o.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
snesfreak said:
PhoenixDark says he'll be back in early November.
Excellent

Dooraven

TheThunder said:
It's terrible when a major tournament organizer invites the majority of their players rather than playing a proper qualifier where the more deserving players would come out.

This will only ensure that the already popular players get more popular while the other players who would probably knock some of those fan favorites out just sit on the sidelines.

Hopefully next year every major event will have a proper qualifier and make every thing more legitimate.

Hi Carmac. But yeah, I agree, players should actually qualify for those events unless it's a pure invitational tournament.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nope, not even toss works with my finger.

GEEEEEGEEEEEEEEE

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Excellent

Wow that's actually a hefty ban. More people getting hit with ban hammers in a Jade Raymond thread today.

Not sure if anyone from SC2 GAF got hit, but _dementia got slapped down in it. :(

It's not safe out there, we all need to stick inside our bunkers and sit on this one base that is SC2 GAF thread.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
Wow that's actually a hefty ban. More people getting hit with ban hammers in a Jade Raymond thread today.

Not sure if anyone from SC2 GAF got hit, but _dementia got slapped down in it. :(

It's not safe out there, we all need to stick inside our bunkers and sit on this one base that is SC2 GAF thread.
Wow, even _dementia?

Well I'm one base bunker-covered at all times so you can hang with me for a while... we'll make i through this!

Deadman

TheThunder said:

To be fair of the 35 spots listed there 20 qualified from other tournaments or qualifiers and 15 are invited. I suppose if 36 to 64 are all invites then that would be pretty bad.

Have to say though that a good number of those invites would easily qualify anyway, and tournaments have to invite at least some popular players to draw in stream viewers.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Wow, even _dementia?

Well I'm one base bunker-covered at all times so you can hang with me for a while... we'll make i through this!

*hands Yoshi a piece of humanity* Take this. It's not safe to go out hollow.

Are you hitting up Batman by the way? You're on that Dark Souls grind still. Oh, and are you venturing to Blizzcon?

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
Are you hitting up Batman by the way? You're on that Dark Souls grind still. Oh, and are you venturing to Blizzcon?
Yes sir! But I'm not touching any game until I'm done with Dark Souls (it'll probably be another 150 hours). It's the only game I feel that I can play with my finger-situation :(

Other than that, it's RAGE, Batman, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, MGS:HD and Zelda for this year :)! What about you?

Holden

Yoshichan said:
Yes sir! But I'm not touching any game until I'm done with Dark Souls (it'll probably be another 150 hours). It's the only game I feel that I can play with my finger-situation :(

Other than that, it's RAGE, Batman, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, MGS:HD and Zelda for this year :)! What about you?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sorry, I don't speak protoss :( What is it supposed to mean?

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:

Did Gears 3, did RAGE(it sucked), did Dark Souls(awesome, but like Demon's more), Batman, BF3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, MGS HD collection, UMvC3, King of Fighters 13, and maybe Modern Warfare 3.

I would be hitting up Zelda, but I got rid of my Wii long ago, so I'll have to wait till the Wii U and I grab one to use its backwards compatibility to have a go at it.

Still wish Blizzard would let me into the D3 beta or Valve into DOTA 2. ; ; Of course all if Blizzard drops some crazy HotS beta on us at any point, everything else stops mattering ASAP.

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
no offense but those games aren't good :[ mayb zelda
Thank God, I don't share your opinion then.

I'm sorry but if you're not interested in any of the games I mentioned, then you should probably stick to your Dudebro games, hentai games or w/e you're into.

edit: btw I still like you. We shouldn't talk games with each other though :p

Holden

Yoshichan said:
Thank God, I don't share your opinion then.

I'm sorry but if you're not interested in any of the games I mentioned, then you should probably stick to your Dudebro games, hentai games or w/e you're into.

Lately i've been playing darksouls and sc2 aka 2 games you love so i guess you play dudebro games and hentai games LOL

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
Lately i've been playing darksouls and sc2 aka 2 games you love so i guess you play dudebro games and hentai games LOL
Well... fuck those two mediocre games then!

♥

Holden

Welp all i gotta say is that i played rage and it was terrible ;/

ultron87 said:
My GOM Season Ticket will get me VODs for the Finals even though they are at BlizzCon, right?

i would laugh so hard if they don't

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
Welp all i gotta say is that i played rage and it was terrible ;/
Yeah but I don't give a shit if half the planet dislikes the game :p I still want to give it a try, and knowing my taste in id-games, I'll probably end up liking it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
demosthenes said:
What was that one?

Thread about "Taken" the play by Steven Spielberg I think. Anywho, everyone just went in saying, "Liam Neeson" I posted, "Niam Leeson" Over 20 of us got banned for a whole month. Turns out this recent one is larger though, about twice as large.

How fast do you guys expand to another base? My told me around 40 supply is a good time but that seems so fast. I don't know. I play Terran btw.

Holden

Yoshichan said:
Yeah but I don't give a shit if half the planet dislikes the game :p I still want to give it a try, and knowing my taste in id-games, I'll probably end up liking it.

w.e, i've warned you ;)

going to bed

Tashi0106 said:
Thread about "Taken" the play by Steven Spielberg I think. Anywho, everyone just went in saying, "Liam Neeson" I posted, "Niam Leeson" Over 20 of us got banned for a whole month. Turns out this recent one is larger though, about twice as large.

How fast do you guys expand to another base? My told me around 40 supply is a good time but that seems so fast. I don't know. I play Terran btw.

Depends... You can go fast expo, safe expand, never expand ( play like cheesy player like devil )
i kid devil ;)

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
w.e, i've warned you ;)

going to bed
If I buy a bad game, fine! It was worth giving a try :p

If I buy a good game, awesome!

It's not a big deal :p

G'night sir!

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:

Whatever you do don't play the PS3 version. Also, don't expect ANY kind of story at all, don't expect ANY interesting side quests, don't expect ANY interesting characters, don't expect ANY challenge(played on nightmare, died twice), and don't expect an ending... there isn't one. Seriously... there isn't. No Yoshi, I'm not kidding. There is NO ending. Dude I wouldn't lie to you. *strokes Yoshi's hair* There there, shhh.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
Whatever you do don't play the PS3 version. Also, don't expect ANY kind of story at all, don't expect ANY interesting side quests, don't expect ANY interesting characters, don't expect ANY challenge(played on nightmare, died twice), and don't expect an ending... there isn't one. Seriously... there isn't. No Yoshi, I'm not kidding. There is NO ending. Dude I wouldn't lie to you. *strokes Yoshi's hair* There there, shhh.
See, it's not that I dislike Hugoboss21s taste in games or anything like that... but when you explain why I won't like RAGE, I kinda get skeptical about buying the game. Maybe I'll wait until it's much cheaper? What's wrong with the PS3-version btw?

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
See, it's not that I dislike Hugoboss21s taste in games or anything like that... but when you explain why I won't like RAGE, I kinda get skeptical about buying the game. Maybe I'll wait until it's much cheaper? What's wrong with the PS3-version btw?

PMed so as not to super derail the thread. :p

Yoshichan

Thanks man... truly a pity to read :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom