• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
I can run vanilla pc sf4
Did ae or super have a different engine?

Nope you should be fine. :)

Minimum Requirements:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz and up
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 and up supported (operation on-board is not guaranteed)
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 and up (except for NVIDIA GeForce 7300), VRAM: 256MB and up (operation sharing with main memory is not guaranteed)
Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free hard drive space
Sound: DirectSound, DirectX9.0c Compatible Audio
Other Requirements: Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows - LIVE

Recommended Requirements:
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 2.0 GHz and up
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 and up supported (operation on-board is not guaranteed)
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 and up, VRAM: 512MB and up (operation sharing with main memory is not guaranteed)
Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free hard drive space
Sound: DirectSound, DirectX9.0c Compatible Audio

cdyhybrid

Yoshichan said:
Yes sir! But I'm not touching any game until I'm done with Dark Souls (it'll probably be another 150 hours). It's the only game I feel that I can play with my finger-situation :(

Other than that, it's RAGE, Batman, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, MGS:HD and Zelda for this year :)! What about you?

*reads post*
*no DotA2*

wat

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Play a game

Dominate

Surrender by mistake when he says gg

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
LOL
enjoy your broken ass fighting games.
oh you want balance ? buy the new ssssf4 :D

enjoy your broken ass rts game
oh you want balance? buy the expansion HOTS not balanced enough? here's LOTV? and i wouldn't be surprised if they release an other one. Don't worry Blizzard/Activison is more greedy then capcom

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
are you already awake..?

Yoshichan

Well I know who the person was (who gave the roses). So bleh

Yoshichan

MrMister said:
Nice playing with SC2-GAF again, gives me motivation to come back full time...
Go for it!

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
And i thought zealot stalker immortal voidray counters mass stalker collosus, such a i fool i am
sc2 encourages massing of one unit. so yeah...

Holden

Pandaman said:
zeals vs colli? Lol, dug your own grave.

zealots are pretty good vs mass stalker... defends your voids ALOT

oh and i FUCKIGN LOVE when i dont hear the noise of nydus;;;;;

why am i still playing this terrible game

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I love when you don't hear- oh wait we don't get a warning because everything dead before we could move the screen.

Holden

Pandaman said:
I love when you don't hear- oh wait we don't get a warning because everything dead before we could move the screen.

Your fucking zerg you have the whole fucking map...STFU
And i just got cheesed since i scouted the dude LAST cause of fucking close position bullshit FUCK THIS GAME seriously
then i get 4gated seriously why am i still playing...

Hugoboss21 said:
Your fucking zerg you have the whole fucking map...STFU
And i just got cheesed since i scouted the dude LAST cause of fucking close position bullshit FUCK THIS GAME seriously
then i get 4gated seriously why am i still playing...

If you lost to a 4 gate it's kinda your own fault.

As for close positions at this point i just play really aggressive and don't even try and have a macro game. Hopefully blizzard actually listens to the feedback next season instead of catering to 'casuals'. The stupid thing is there is no feedback from low level players saying that's what they want, blizzard just speaks for them.

cdyhybrid

AdventureRacing said:
They said so themselves. Players on the ladder don't need balance. Also i wasn't insulting casual players, more just blizzard pretending to give them what they want.

Oh I know, I was laughing at the notion that they'd actually listen to feedback and stop catering to casuals. This is Activision we're talking about.

AmFreak

Hugoboss21 said:
problem is blizzard doesn't want to give us what we want

LAN - X
Chat channel - Check
Good maps - X
Remove close position - X
Name change more then once - X
Harder maps for higher leagues - X
Unranked ladder - X

and so on

they aren't even changing the terrible mappool thank god for veto
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3424692558

And watching Replays together, a feature they planned to have half a year ago and that is included in bw since 1964 ...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ssNU2.jpg

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:
problem is blizzard doesn't want to give us what we want

LAN - X
Chat channel - Check
Good maps - X
Remove close position - X
Name change more then once - X
Harder maps for higher leagues - X
Unranked ladder - X

and so on

they aren't even changing the terrible mappool thank god for veto
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3424692558

Why do we want Unranked ladder? Harder maps?

I was disappointed about no new maps though.

Mairu

cdyhybrid said:
Offracing, working on new strats, etc.
Lots of games have a choice between ranked & unranked play, I don't see what's wrong with wanting an unranked ladder. Some people just want to play without feeling any sort of pressure about whether this game actually matters for anything or they just want to fuck around without having to go through custom maps or smurf accounts

cdyhybrid

Mairu said:
Lots of games have a choice between ranked & unranked play, I don't see what's wrong with wanting an unranked ladder. Some people just want to play without feeling any sort of pressure about whether this game actually matters for anything or they just want to fuck around without having to go through custom maps or smurf accounts

That would be the main reason I want it. If there's a ranking system of any sort I get pissed off when I lose because I'm pretty competitive by nature. It'd allow me to chill and actually focus on getting better. No ranks, no divisions, maybe a hidden MMR to keep games even but nothing to actually tell how good/bad you or your opponent are.

MrKnives

Or people could just grow some balls and play ranked ladder. Only reason I asked if this is really what we wan't is because I can already imagine the threads about making the game for casuals by creating unranked ladder. I won't mind 3 seperate ladders for each race because it can be annoying to play if on your main you are Master but then want to play Protoss/Terran just to get smashed.

They should just make the custom games better and I would be happy.

MrKnives said:
Or people could just grow some balls and play ranked ladder. Only reason I asked if this is really what we wan't is because I can already imagine the threads about making the game for casuals by creating unranked ladder. I won't mind 3 seperate ladders for each race because it can be annoying to play if on your main you are Master but then want to play Protoss/Terran just to get smashed.

They should just make the custom games better and I would be happy.

Pretty much. I only want unranked ladder because it gives me somewhere to warm up before going on the ladder (right now whenever i have a break i go on a lose streak).

If the custom game system was a little better or if more gaffers played i probably wouldn't want it.

Edit: If there was an option to have a seperate ladder i would off race protoss. Right now i have to play on SEA to do so and i don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom