• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

MrKnives said:
Or people could just grow some balls and play ranked ladder. Only reason I asked if this is really what we wan't is because I can already imagine the threads about making the game for casuals by creating unranked ladder. I won't mind 3 seperate ladders for each race because it can be annoying to play if on your main you are Master but then want to play Protoss/Terran just to get smashed.

They should just make the custom games better and I would be happy.

Why not have both? It's not like an unranked ladder is going to make anyone doubt the legitimacy of the ranked ladder. You ideally wouldn't even be able to judge anything based on it, since all it would do is match you up with someone. No ranks or divisions or anything.

MrKnives

cdyhybrid said:
Why not have both? It's not like an unranked ladder is going to make anyone doubt the legitimacy of the ranked ladder. You ideally wouldn't even be able to judge anything based on it, since all it would do is match you up with someone. No ranks or divisions or anything.

The unranked ladder would be a joke same as custom games or ptr. People would go there just to make stupid ass silly strats they can't win on ranked ladder. So if playing one gate expand into mass carriers against mass battlecruisers is your cup of tea I hope you get your unranked ladder.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
sen.jpg

Bet they just mugged Sen like they're going to mug blizzcon

IceMarker

MrKnives said:
The unranked ladder would be a joke same as custom games or ptr. People would go there just to make stupid ass silly strats they can't win on ranked ladder. So if playing one gate expand into mass carriers against mass battlecruisers is your cup of tea I hope you get your unranked ladder.
Custom Games are basically unranked ladder.

Create Game -> Melee Maps -> GLHF -> GG

cdyhybrid

MrKnives said:

It's just a way to get evenly matched games without the ranking. I don't see what the problem is. Ladder minus the visible numbers. And ideally it would automatically match you with someone so you don't have to search through 200 customs to find an evenly matched opponent who's actually playing standard.

It's not like they'd be replacing ranked ladder with it. You don't have to play it. And you seem to think all the idiots and cheesers and people fucking around will go to unranked ladder, so it would actually improve the quality of ranked ladder. What's the problem?

MrKnives

cdyhybrid said:
It's just a way to get evenly matched games without the ranking. I don't see what the problem is. Ladder minus the visible numbers. And ideally it would automatically match you with someone so you don't have to search through 200 customs to find an evenly matched opponent who's actually playing standard.

It's not like they'd be replacing ranked ladder with it. You don't have to play it. And you seem to think all the idiots and cheesers and people fucking around will go to unranked ladder, so it would actually improve the quality of ranked ladder. What's the problem?

Cheesers wouldn't go there because they cheese to win to be ranked higher, not for the sake of cheesing. I don't have a problem with the unranked ladder except it taking away time from something more important.

What actually makes you think anyone would play standard there? Do you see a lot of standard on Customs? Like I said I don't mind having it but it just seems pointless. Only difference to customs is that you would be evenly matched but even that is questionable. If people are just testing strats and having fun without fear of getting demoted it's not like you are playing against their true skill.

cdyhybrid

MrKnives said:
Cheesers wouldn't go there because they cheese to win to be ranked higher, not for the sake of cheesing. I don't have a problem with the unranked ladder except it taking away time from something more important.

Well, there's your problem. You're assuming they're actually working on other things :p

What actually makes you think anyone would play standard there? Do you see a lot of standard on Customs? Like I said I don't mind having it but it just seems pointless. Only difference to customs is that you would be evenly matched but even that is questionable. If people are just testing strats and having fun without fear of getting demoted it's not like you are playing against their true skill.

Well no, but it wouldn't be customs. It's the same as the regular ladder. People cheese or do weird shit and if they keep winning they'll eventually run into people who stop it.

Meh, whatever, it's obviously not a perfect idea but it would be something cool to put in - which is why we'll never see it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Played 70 games of ladder yesterday.

Fuck me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Whaaa

That is insane.
Yeah, I had to take a break from Dark Souls and I've really, really missed this game.

Yoshichan said:
Yeah, I had to take a break from Dark Souls and I've really, really missed this game.

I always play 2 ladder matches and just get too frustrated and end up playing some other game.

Dark Souls is so good (and simultaneously the most obnoxiously difficult game). I'm only just past the first boss. :-\

Yoshichan

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I always play 2 ladder matches and just get too frustrated and end up playing some other game.

Dark Souls is so good (and simultaneously the most obnoxiously difficult game). I'm only just past the first boss. :-\
Yeah but I haven't played the game (seriously) in at least 2 weeks so I really wanted to play... lol

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Yoshi, do you work or study something btw? How do you keep it up?
I worked two jobs simultaneously before having to quit both companies because of bankruptcy.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Wow. Must be rough :(
I've dealt with worse shit in my life, since they seem to keep coming at me constantly :) I'm Yoshi, I'll never go down easy!

Yoshichan

Cheeto said:
You can run on thin-air nothing can bring you down
That's an amazing quote for my Yoshi ♥ I'll remember this!

"I can run on thin-air and nothing can bring me down"

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Deadman said:
http://de.twitch.tv/liquidhero/b/297908075

Skip to 1 hour 42 mins. Liquid hero warp prism micro. So good.
Finally. I'm glad to see it.
The firing delay between colossus drop and animation it too good to not abuse. Beams don't even need to come out, just drop and pickup should have it shoot, and you can do it fast enough to 'dodge' stalker and marauder fire as well.

'Oh look it's like I have mutas that can warp in units now'.

Holden

not that impressive IMO... He didn't even dodge a single marauder bullet.

I like the duo immortal THOW

Edit : played a ladder game, about the 4th time i tricked a zerg to 6 pool me thinking i FFE on shakuras;; FOOL!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hugoboss21 said:

Edit : played a ladder game, about the 4th time i tricked a zerg to 6 pool me thinking i FFE on shakuras;; FOOL!
Micro was decent, it was more he did it to keep his third safe and keep Terran in his base while he showed a colossus and made immortals to be safe and teched to HT at the same time.

Holden

Hazaro said:
Micro was decent, it was more he did it to keep his third safe and keep Terran in his base while he showed a colossus and made immortals to be safe and teched to HT at the same time.

for sc2 lol;

yo and btw hazaro i feel that my comp is running games a bit slow. I'm gonna do a 3dmark 2006 benchmark soon anything else to test? Asking you since ur the computer pro ;)

BigAT

Hugoboss21 said:

How exactly do you trick someone into 6-pooling you?

Holden

BigAT said:
How exactly do you trick someone into 6-pooling you?

Cause basicly everybody goes FFE on shakuras, and 6pool will beat a ffe but i didn't ;)

it seriously happens SOOO often its prob the most 6 pool favored map of the map pool

Yoshichan

Unbelievable. Didn't we just now talk about me having bad luck with jobs?

I just got offered a job :D. I mentioned SC2 (again)

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
what job, congratz i guess lol ;)
What do you mean 'I guess'?! :(

It's pretty much a one-month job but hey I'll take it! I'm gonna change the layout of a webshop and pretty much re-design every aspect of it.

Holden

Yoshichan said:
What do you mean 'I guess'?! :(

It's pretty much a one-month job but hey I'll take it! I'm gonna change the layout of a webshop and pretty much re-design every aspect of it.

Dunno maybe you liked your previous jobs more since the company got bankrupted but i guess you don't care :/. and lol@ all the avatars in the blizzcon thread including mine <3!

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
Dunno maybe you liked your previous jobs more since the company got bankrupted but i guess you don't care :/. and lol@ all the avatars in the blizzcon thread including mine <3!
Of course I liked my previous jobs more but beggars can't be choosers - I need to accept every job I can get!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom