• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hugh Buelow said:
Fuck. My three last games where cheeses. What the hell is wrong with those people?
Let me guess, silver league?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hugh Buelow said:
Still bronze, but I'm playing against silver players. The two cannon rush where from silver leaguers.
Oh... I don't remember what race you played? Protoss?

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
LOL more like bronze to masters
FML
Sad but true! If you're terran, you avoid all cheese... and if you can't avoid it as terran, it's so easy to deny it's not even funny :lol

Yoshichan

From the Video Game Wallpaper thread, soooooo good!

Thanks Omnibus!
Omnibus said:
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm:

Measurements:
-> 2400 × 3676
-> 4363 × 5013
-> 2800 × 1820
-> 2220 × 1800
-> 1920 × 1200
-> 1920 × 1200
-> 1920 × 1193
-> 2048 × 1160
-> 2048 × 1160
-> 5237 × 3008
-> 5237 × 3008
-> 4670 × 2270
-> 5598 × 2814

[->] Full set [<-]

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
Sad but true! If you're terran, you avoid all cheese... and if you can't avoid it as terran, it's so easy to deny it's not even funny :lol
you don't play high high diamond-masters.
protoss is a fucking joke.
apparently i can only win with mass bc's.

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
you don't play high high diamond-masters.
protoss is a fucking joke.
apparently i can only win with mass bc's.
I only play masters, lol... Protoss cheeses' the most out of the tree races but it's not even nearly as much as bronze-league cheese.

edit: That is if you were being serious, of course :p

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Stop trying to make mech work in TvP lol. It won't win vs a decent opponent,
i stopped meching since the last patch thanks to joke prism.
i switched back to bio but its extremely hard so i decided to try the mass banshee into bc's.

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
i switched back to bio but its extremely hard so i decided to try the mass banshee into bc's.
Sounds like something I should be trying out once I master my mass-raven build.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Q8D3vil said:
i stopped meching since the last patch thanks to joke prism.
XUUYh.gif

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
Sounds like something I should be trying out once I master my mass-raven build.
its not a gimmicky strategy, its really cool strategy even tlo did it against grubby and jinro did it against san in gsl.

V_Arnold

I am back to Terran.
Came back to play some games as a Zerg....

Open SCII
ZVZ - Tal Darim
ZVZ - Tal Darim
ZVZ - Xel Naga
ZVZ - Tal Darim

Then, on the NEXT ZVZ, I typed good luck surviving ZVZ's, quit the game without even trying, and went for terran matchmaking.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Then, on the NEXT ZVZ, I typed good luck surviving ZVZ's, quit the game without even trying, and went for terran matchmaking.
*pats V_Arnold on the back*

There, there... you did the right choice.

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
*pats V_Arnold on the back*

There, there... you did the right choice.

Really, now.... I was hyped up from all the amazing Zerg gameplay.
Envisioned epic Muta/Ling vs Archon/all the Protoss battles.
Intense micro-heavy fights against blobs of marines, and Terran BUNKER RUSHES.

Then what do I get? Fucking ZVZ.
With either 6 pool OR 13/13 bling rush EVERY SINGLE TIME.
And when they fail, they wont even leave. Nooo. They rush to Infestors. That is when it becomes sad.

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
I am back to Terran.
Came back to play some games as a Zerg....

Open SCII
ZVZ - Tal Darim
ZVZ - Tal Darim
ZVZ - Xel Naga
ZVZ - Tal Darim

tbh i get tvz 70% of the time.

Dooraven

MC vs Scammer and Pickpocket

From MC’s series of tweets:

When we arrived in France, we met one Scammer and one pickpocket. The one scammer looked us and because we looked asian, he said that he would buy the tickets for us, and told us that it’d be 14 euro for one person and then pretended like he was buying it with his card and asked for money -.- after he took it out of his hands we found out that one ticket costs 1 euro 70 cents. And so we told him that since we didn’t ask him to buy it for us he should just leave, he just left.

We heard the train coming so we ran to the train and got on it but as soon as I did I felt that my wallet wasn’t there anymore. So I thought I lost it so I got off and looked for it, and a French guy pointed at someone and told me he took my wallet so I chased that person.

I ran after him like I was filming an action movie and he just go on the railway stupidly. And so I got on the railway and in disbelief I tapped him on the back. He looked at me and he was completely surprised. I think he was a noob pickpocket. And then he looked at me as if asking me what’s wrong, so I told him “My wallet”.

Then he was trying to get off the train so I grabbed him and I told him “You wanna fight me?”. And then I told him in Korean “You wanna fight me?” and grabbed his hand behind him, and then he says “Sorry” and he gave me my wallet. I was going to punch him in the face then I remembered that I was a foreigner.

And so since I felt that a lot of people were looking at me, I checked my wallet and then said “He fucking thief”. There was someone who recognized me and that person told me if I would like to go to the police but I said it was okay because I got my wallet back so I let him go. He ran away really fast at the next stop.

I’ve been in foreign countries a lot but this was the first time something like this has happened to me. I hope all of you become aware of pickpockets and scammers when you travel.

Oh, and when I got off the train and looked for the hotel, A french person kindly and cheerfully guided me. No matter where you go, I think there are bad people and good people.

whitecosmos.tumblr.com

I swear, everytime MC attends a tournament, he does something that makes him bosslike lol.

zlatko

Banned
Zerg macro is the only one I think I'm semi decent at. It got me to gold league play, and I was 2 seasons ago sitting at #1 on my ladder right on the edge of getting int platinum, but I honestly wasn't having fun playing Zerg that much. Before that I was Protoss and I hated PvP, switched to Z only to find ZvZ is just as bad.

When I bought SC2 I just wanted to be Terran, but I simply cannot keep up with their macro. Terran may be the easiest race to WIN with, but as someone new to RTS' I find they are the hardest to play. I hope that makes sense.

I would be fine with going back to P, but so much has changed in that time with their openings for me. T still feels relatively the same as does Z, but I think I'll wait till HotS till I redive in serious style. My 100% laid out goal is when HotS hits to pick one race, stick with it, and reach masters. I'll swear off all other games when it happens and zero in on SC2.

Until then, a stream monsters life for me. :)

Q8D3vil

When I bought SC2 I just wanted to be Terran, but I simply cannot keep up with their macro. Terran may be the easiest race to WIN with, but as someone new to RTS' I find they are the hardest to play. I hope that makes sense.
terran is pretty hard to play in a long macro games, for easy race to win check protoss timing attacks.
Yes lol, MC, Idra, Thorzain, MKP, Mana, Stephano etc. Stacked Tournament (aka Blizzcon rejects :p)
yeah, because blizzcon is 64 player tournament.

MrKnives

No offence to any Protoss players but I feel like Protoss is the easiest race to win as when you are new to SC2 or RTS in general. Whole mechanics of the race kinda lets to get into them really quickly.

Terran macro can be hard and you have to macro well and with Zerg you need to know timings pretty well and be good at harassing/controlling units and the drone/unit ratio etc.

I'm NOT saying Protoss is ezpz, but just that it's easier to get into. Same was in BW

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Then he was trying to get off the train so I grabbed him and I told him “You wanna fight me?”. And then I told him in Korean “You wanna fight me?” and grabbed his hand behind him, and then he says “Sorry” and he gave me my wallet. I was going to punch him in the face then I remembered that I was a foreigner.

Awesome. lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
YES!!

I just won an epic 50 minute TvT match. Holy shit. It was fucking nuts. I still can't believe I won it. This guy built up a massive ground army and expanded to 3 or 4 different bases. Mine was pretty big too but I pushed like 30 guys twice. I got destroyed. I realized then I should go air. I started building up invisible planes. All of my bases though, were spread out all around the top of the map. At the very top I had 4 starports building me invisible planes. Every few minutes when I had about 8 or so, I sent them in through the back of his base. I ran across his expansions first, went invisible and just started destroying his supply depots. Wrecking them hard. Then I went for his SCV's. Then he would wise up and send his army after me with the radar finding my invisible planes. When he killed them, I had some more waiting to be built. I kept doing the same thing, destroying supply depots and SCVs. I eventually sent a ground force of basically just marines with upgraded guns across the middle. He did the same thing and we met in the middle. He killed all of my guys and pushed up the front of my main base. I had bunkers and Siege mode tanks setup and I guess I held his shit off. I think he ran away. Anywho, he had Thors, tanks and marines and I had marines and marauders and just a few tanks here and there.

He starts pushing his Thors and marines to my top base and is having a pretty easy time wrecking my expansion. I have about 8 planes built and I go invisible and manage to take down his Thors. His medivac marines take down my planes and start wrecking my starports. At this point, his army is probably 15 guys large. I think because I wrecked his supply depots and SCVs, he had a hard time creating backup. I sent my marines to his, wrecked them easily and then pushed right into this base which was basically defenseless. He calls GG and I fucking won.

So awesome.

MrKnives said:
No offence to any Protoss players but I feel like Protoss is the easiest race to win as when you are new to SC2 or RTS in general. Whole mechanics of the race kinda lets to get into them really quickly.

Terran macro can be hard and you have to macro well and with Zerg you need to know timings pretty well and be good at harassing/controlling units and the drone/unit ratio etc.

I'm NOT saying Protoss is ezpz, but just that it's easier to get into. Same was in BW

Lol the funny part about this post is that i got into diamond as zerg without knowing any of the stuff you mentioned (i've since learnt it but that's a different matter).

If you're talking about newcomers no race really shines at the lowest levels (going by SC2 ranks) so the idea that protoss are easiest for newbies doesn't seem to hold up at all.

Suffice to say i disagree and it kinda annoys me how many people want to say how easy protoss is without actually putting their money where their mouth is and trying it out.

WedgeX

Banned
jasonng said:
Fucking internet crapped out on me on Gaf Night. What did I miss? Did I beat Corran!!?!?

Corran completed a GAF Night triple crown. Won as all three races.

Mrmr made his appearance. Played his and aone's maps.

Splinter made his voice heard for all of 20 seconds.

I beat Aylinato.

Spl1nter

WedgeX said:

I beat Aylinato.

I am a GOD

jasonng

WedgeX said:

I beat Aylinato.
k7q7H.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom