• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKnives

<3 B if true. Meta is such a great map. Also no close spawns make me all warm inside. One gripe I do have though. They removed the close spawns from ladder but left it in their 50k tournament?

V_Arnold

Rubashov said:
Yep, looking at the list now.

Xel'Naga Caverns
Abyssal
Antiga
Metalopolis
Nerazim
Shakuras
Tal' Altar
Shattered Temple

Alright. At this point, there is no reason for complaining about ladder further, right?
I mean, we could get some positive feedback to Blizzard also! :D I am happy with that map pool.

Take out Abyssal and Nerazim and you have an awesome map pool. Wonder if they're going to add 2 new maps (Daybreak would be awesome, and I think they said they wanted to add maps from that mapping contest) to get back up to the number they were at.

syllogism said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzcon Shattered temple matches inspired them to remove the close spawns

I'm sure they mad that decision in 4 days.

syllogism

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I'm sure they mad that decision in 4 days.
It's not like the issue hadn't been discussed before and they quite recently stated there would be no map pool changes...

How long exactly do you think they need to discuss the topic internally? Heh.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hazaro said:
D
Do Stephano's build. Nestea used it in a set even.
Mass upgraded lings off 3 hatch on 2 base into infestor -> 3rd and 3-5 ultras with ling infestor. imo ling infestor ultra cleans house for a lot of terran combinations, plus you hit a timing where you damage terran which is rare.

Key points:
3 hatch on 2 base before lair, 2 evo and 4 gas timing, 1-1 ling infestor or 2-2 timing. It is pretty brutal to see 2-2 lings vs 1-0 bio and 0-0 tanks.
but i already have a zvp build. >_>

a176 said:
metal, temple, xnc holy fuck get some new maps already
temple is a new map tho. >_>

V_Arnold said:
Xel Naga is still my favorite map :(
are you a masochist or did you stop playing zerg? >_>

Snow

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3780102/Season_4_-_1v1_Ladder_Map_Changes-10_25_2011

Seems like the change in the ladderpool for season 4 is part of a larger move where they intend to move to maps that are oriented towards tournament play. Pretty big change from their previous goal of having the pool split in roughly a third macromaps, a third rushmaps and a third in between. I could see the point of them saying huge maps turn into hide the expansion at the bronze-plat range that 80% of the people ladder services. At the same time I remember back when I was bronze-gold even on small maps the complete lack of map awareness meant expo sneaking happened a ton anyway, and that even at that skill level maps like delta quadrant felt claustrophobicly small. So I don't think it matters for lower leagues that much, and it is such a big improvement for the higher leagues.

Too bad it took them a while to get to this point, but at least they got there and have now made it their stated goal for future seasons as well.

MrKnives

Haunted said:
The Shredder look so fucking good. Can you load them into medivacs?

I'm loving the new units.

I think so yes, at least a lot of people were talking about dropping shredders behind opponents mineral line

Haunted

MrKnives said:
I think so yes, at least a lot of people were talking about dropping shredders behind opponents mineral line
I guess it depends on whether they will be considered deployable units (siege tanks) or mobile buildings (spores & spines).

Also, about BW players coming to Blizzcon:
http://twitter.com/#!/Slasher/status/128594485226651649

Also also, completely unrelated but I thought it was funny: Recent twitter exchange between incontrol and Carmac.
EGiNcontroL Geoff Robinson
Want to support EG? Want some cool gear? Use this code and you can save 15% : CHEAPASS15 go to splitreason.com/eg

mbCARMAC Michal Blicharz
@EGiNcontroL cheap ass? Way to make your fans feel good about shopping for EG stuff...

EGiNcontroL Geoff Robinson
@mbCARMAC It's better than the ESL coupon for prize winnings it was "DONTPAY" ^_^

mbCARMAC Michal Blicharz
@EGiNcontroL not a coupon you would be worried about, though.

Deadman

lol @ incontrol and carmac.

Their reasons for the new ladder pool are really cool. Since all the feedback on reddit/tl/battle.net forums has been positive today then hopefully this approach is here to stay.

Haunted

Pandaman said:
wont even make it to beta.
Oh, it better does!

Of course not with the current values, but with a longer deploy time and not being able to load into medivacs... I think it'd be a fun unit to have.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Haunted said:
Oh, it better does!

Of course not with the current values, but with a longer deploy time and not being able to load into medivacs... I think it'd be a fun unit to have.
wont make it.

you know it wont.
you should hope it doesnt.

V_Arnold

Haunted said:
The Shredder look so fucking good. Can you load them into medivacs?

I'm loving the new units.

You can, but they wont deal damage until you get out of range with Medivacs. So it should give a few seconds, or more.

Pandaman said:
wont make it.

you know it wont.

I do not share your anti-enthusiasm, Shredder is a cool unit, Just make it so that Shredder cant be stacked near each other (they can currently), and it is fine.

ultron87

V_Arnold said:
You can, but they wont deal damage until you get out of range with Medivacs. So it should give a few seconds, or more.

I'd imagine the Medivac can get out of range before they even finish deploying.

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
wont make it.

you know it wont.

We both know it will. It will change but you should start thinking about hiding all of the sharp objects in your house.

Also it takes like 6 seconds for the Shredder to deploy so the mineral dropping shouldn't be a problem. Unless all you have is lings and mutas, which is often >_>

Dooraven

It will probably make it to beta, though whether or not it comes out of it is a different story.

They need to take at good look at the new protoss stuff though, Oracle would be decent if they replace entomb with something else but the replicant is going to be insane to balance.

Haunted

Pandaman said:
wont make it.

you know it wont.
oh don't act as if they're unbeatable or something.

You can probably get a good surround on them with Zerglings when you catch them undeployed, just like with siege tanks.

Even if it appears too strong now, there are so many tweaks they can do to make it manageable. Tweak values, make it not attack air, make it so other shredders are also considered friendly units etc etc

a176

Banned
Haunted said:

You can probably get a good surround on them with Zerglings when you catch them undeployed, just like with siege tanks.

Even if it appears too strong now, there are so many tweaks they can do to make it manageable. Tweak values, make it not attack air, make it so other shredders are also considered friendly units etc etc

why would they be undeployed

Q8D3vil

Haunted said:

they will be optimized, i don't think they will be that good in an open field but they will good in chokes (dustin browder said that the whole purpose of them is to take out food from the deathabll and put in into something else).

Haunted

ultron87 said:
Do friendly buildings disable Shredders? AKA, can you have a bunker full of marines next to a shredder?
Good question. I think the bunker won't, but the marines will.

a176 said:
why would they be undeployed
Well you do have to move them somewhere useful before deploying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't need blue flame hellions anymore

Shredders, STACK'EM'UP!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Its funny I never had Searing Crater veto'ed but I never played on it since like week 1 of ladder since everyone vetoed it. :(

Was a good 6 gate map

Snow

I hope shredders stay in. I'm not really paying attention to specific stats (damage, range, deploy time) for any new unit really, since 100% of that will probably change between now and beta, at which point most things will probably change again. But the idea of having more map control units that can just lock down a space, changing up the decisions around where to commit with how much for both offense and defense, seems really neat.

Day[9] likes to talk about those mechanics whenever people ask him what type of units he would like to see added to SC2 and this sounds kind of like that. I think (once balanced) gameplay implications of the shredder for army placement on the map in general and tactically with friendly units moving in or out of range could be really cool.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do I go rax on 12 or 13 now a days?

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
12 if you are opening rax 13 if you want to open gas first (for fast factory).
ty

fuck you blizzard for those 5 extra second rax.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im just loling because it wont make it into the game.

you know it wont.

its not even a starcraft style unit. there's no tweaking to be done, its just going to not be there come beta. take a note.

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
im just loling because it wont make it into the game.

you know it wont.

its not even a starcraft style unit. there's no tweaking to be done, its just going to not be there come beta. take a note.
This man speaks the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom