• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat a terran this time, definitely getting the hang of PvT. Now just gotta learn a more stable PvP build and some more reliable PvZ builds (i know some but i'm not confident yet).

Dooraven

um lol at 1.4.2, super awesome for cheaper upgrades for protoss (not really sure why though), EMP got a decent nerf but it's not really going to change carpet EMPing much

Good Patch for Protoss though

mbmonk

Hello all. I just picked up SC2. Blizzcon and Day9 were an irresistible combo to my wallet. Anyways, is the Wednesday night GAF gatherings still going on? I suck REALLY bad so I probably will not attend this week, but hopefully in the future I will.

zargle

What Protoss builds do you guys recommend? Ive been almost only using 3gate robo because its pretty safe and I was still getting comfortable with Protoss, but now I would like to try some other things. So what do the other Protosses around here like to do? What do the other races hate to see?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
867-5309 said:
What Protoss builds do you guys recommend? Ive been almost only using 3gate robo because its pretty safe and I was still getting comfortable with Protoss, but now I would like to try some other things. So what do the other Protosses around here like to do? What do the other races hate to see?
what matchup and what map?

a176

Banned
Dooraven said:
EMP Radius:
1.4 = 12.566..
1.4.2 = 7.069...

Okay thats pretty huge.

unless you have a ball of like 20 sentries or archons, no, its not that drastic

against mass stalker, i guess its a buff
but who does that against terran

Dooraven

867-5309 said:

against what race? You need to vary your build against each type of race.

Against Terran 3 gate Fe / 1 gate Fe / 1 gate robo Fe / 3 gate voidray all in
Against Zerg 1 gate Fe / Forge Fe.

Against Protoss: No suitable expansion build found yet.

a176

Banned
867-5309 said:

stalker/colossus into zealot+archon

1 gate robo expand for me is working great agaisnt terran. You just have to make you sure you poke to check if his planning a big all in with quick barracks.

Dooraven said:
against what race? You need to vary your build against each type of race.

Against Terran 3 gate Fe / 1 gate Fe / 1 gate robo Fe / 3 gate voidray all in
Against Zerg 1 gate Fe / Forge Fe.

Against Protoss: No suitable expansion build found yet.

Heh i'm still doing FFE expand lol. I make sure i steal at least one gas to really delay warp prisms or blink (if i get there faster enough sometimes i take both gas and the game gets pretty crazy).

zargle

Pandaman said:
what matchup and what map?

I was just kind of asking for all three matchups. I know I need different builds for each matchup, so I was just throwing it out there as a general, catchall question. Im in gold, so Im kind of just looking for builds to practice and get better with and was looking for new things to try.

Thank you all for your replies so far, Im looking forward to trying some of these.

Snow

Pandaman said:
yeah ive always felt that if a terran had two less marines in his marine tank push, it would be much better.
I was guessing two food because the resource cost I was able to find was sort of equivalent to a more expensive tank, and at least two food seemed reasonable. I wasn't saying that if someone only ever is going to build one in a game, it would impact significantly on the push size. In my mind it is roughly a tank that gets taken out of your army by these and that to protect 2-3 chokes you might want 4-6 of these. Especially in mid game that amount of tanks could be a decent difference. Again, all based on a big lack of information combined with a skill level that makes it hard to judge what real impact the unit would have on a full game.

All I said in my first post is that I thought the shredder was cool and allowed for a different way to control space. And explicitly that I completely ignored the actual stat values. And I mean some of the design mandate stuff I was talking about was almost verbatim based on stuff they said in interviews and panels. Pulling out food from the terran ball is one of the intentions behind the unit. I feel like I'm being picked apart on specifics of the units or how it actually worked where I'm just talking about the design intent behind the unit that I like. I at least cannot judge at this early pre-beta stage whether they will be able to balance the unit to fulfill those intentions, but I hope they do.

Dooraven

LqWwr.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
mbmonk said:
Hello all. I just picked up SC2. Blizzcon and Day9 were an irresistible combo to my wallet. Anyways, is the Wednesday night GAF gatherings still going on? I suck REALLY bad so I probably will not attend this week, but hopefully in the future I will.
yep! Not as large as they use to be but people still gather for gaf nights.

Zen

Banned
a176 said:
unless you have a ball of like 20 sentries or archons, no, its not that drastic

against mass stalker, i guess its a buff
but who does that against terran

I guess it's a buff for Infestors as well considering how big they are.

Q8D3vil

nice way to balance the game.
fml

this pretty much says everything in my mind
So blizzard release their ladder statistics where protoss has a 54% win ratio against terran and then they nerf terran and buff protoss? I don't understand. It's already so hard to beat protoss and now they make it even harder, it's even statistically proven that outside of GSL protoss is the strongest race. If you don't believe me just check the ladder stats or sc2ranks

Not true, at tournament level, which is far more meaningful than ladder, terran has been ahead of the other two races since the game came out. The stats have been posted so many times here on teamliquid I'm surprised you haven't seen them.

then look at the ladder, in master league protoss is dominating, in silver-masters terran used to be the most played race and now it's by far the least played race, I know so many other master terran who quit the game because the game is getting harder and harder for us every patch and the TvP matchup already favor protoss on the ladder and they keep making it easier.

yes i understand that they are balancing for the absolute top level, but the general trend is that more and more terran players quit the game because for us non-pro terrans the game is getting harder and harder after every patch and blizzard doesn't even stop. they lost so many terran players already. the game is just incredibly hard for non top level terrans and im not saying they shouldn't be balancing for the top level, but they could at least make protoss harder to play on master level, because right now every master league terran has so much trouble with tvp. it's statistically proven and its an essential problem, terran is the least played race in silver-masters and we are playing the terran expansion, wait for the zerg and protoss expansion and almost nobody is going to play terran anymore outside of korea.

they also need to do something for the masses, for us "noob" master league terrans the game isnt fun anymore.
fuck this shit

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
nice way to balance the game.
fml
we're at a weird point now where every time holden complains about terran i agree with him and every time you complain about protoss i agree with you.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
we're at a weird point now where every time holden complains about terran i agree with him and every time you complain about protoss i agree with you.
if blizzard want to balance the game for ladder they should nerf protoss not buff them.
i don't know anyone who play into late game pvt, no one :/

Haunted

Pandaman said:
state of the game time
If we're talking units that won't make it into the game: replicant.

The possibilities in its current state are way too far-reaching. Functionality will have to be nerfed to hell (making it more akin to a changeling or something) to keep this manageable.

Haunted

"kind of a tricky unit"

understatement of the year.

It breaks the game, simple as that. Turns every non-mirror matchup into a 2v2. Disregarding the obviously impossible balancing ramifications and merely thinking about the e-sports/observer angle, about which Dustin Browder himself said "clarity is a huge factor" - when two players engage with armies made up of different races... forget it.

a176

Banned
Pandaman said:
why geoff, i can name a few terrans for you.

*looks around at gaf*

people talk about zerg tears

my tears from laughing so hard just thinking about the last page and that thumbs up bit

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
note: There will be new format for the upcoming GSL. There will be 10 qualified code A players today, 11 players tomorrow, for the total of 21 new code A players. They will be facing off with 19 current code A players, meaning there will be 40 players competing in Code A this season. Changed format will be announced tomorrow at the group nomination.

Awesome.

Dooraven

Hazaro said:
P doesn't need any buffs after warp prism change.

P just has shitty players and a few are doing ok.

Lol I wonder how much Terrans will fall down to Code A this season, should be fun to watch them fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom