• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKnives

Day 8: Another day without SC2. Hand still hurts like hell and going through 3rd pack of painkillers.
I just watched Megan Is Missing and now I feel like throwing up and going to bed.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Does anyone know the what specs one would need to run SC2 at the highest settings with no drop in fps?

I have a HD6870 and Phenom II X3 740 with 4gb ram...

But the fps drops to silly levels with certain battles... :/

Deadstar

I have an i72600k with a gtx 570. Framerate drops to 60 sometimes and maybe even to 30 during certain battles. All settings are on ultra.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Phenom II X3 = sub 60fps. Nothing you can do about it. You need it clocked super high or an Intel chip.

Ultra is unoptimized as shit. Turn shaders to high if you want better FPS.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Hazaro said:
Phenom II X3 = sub 60fps. Nothing you can do about it. You need it clocked super high or an Intel chip.

I see...I knew it was the cpu letting me down. Thanks.

Ashhong

Hazaro said:

I have a 512mb Asus 4870 and C2D 7400. Just out of curiosity, what is holding me back more?

Ashhong said:
I have a 512mb Asus 4870 and C2D 7400. Just out of curiosity, what is holding me back more?
Your CPU. SCII is quite cpu intensive. I had a e8500 and I had to reduce many settings (all those labelled as CPU bound) to get a stable frame rate. Once I changed my CPU, with the same GPU, I have been able to crank it to ultra without problems.

Ashhong

Hugh Buelow said:
Your CPU. SCII is quite cpu intensive. I had a e8500 and I had to reduce many settings (all those labelled as CPU bound) to get a stable frame rate. Once I changed my CPU, with the same GPU, I have been able to crank it to ultra without problems.

Ah I figured. No point in upgrading to a 775 quad, guess I"ll just wait until the next generation CPUs.

Vaporak

More announcements of announcements:

Slasher Rod Breslau said:
So PC Gamer journalist @richmcc just told me why Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy and Jangbi were at #BlizzCon. And who was with them. Find out soon.

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
If they're changing the pylon stuff, they should also change so that siege tanks can't shoot up the ramp when they get vision :).

We know that HotS isn't gonna be 50-50-50 for a long, long time. Let's be realistic here.

Yoshi+Realistic+"Hots SUCKS" -> WUT? :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so before losing my laptop for a week i was trying to standardize my 3hatch build vs forge first, i was wondering what the other zergs typically do in their three hatching.

i theorycrafted an opening ive been testing today which is 15hatch, 16pool, 16ovie, 19hatch[?] 22 double queen, 4 ovie, 28 double queen.

its gasless and uses the high minerals and low larvae of the third hatch before queen opening to power out a huge supply surplus and fast 4 queens for a huge early drone pump with a slightly delayed but still strong creepspread. im not really sure how to properly approach gas yet but im experimenting with 5gas roach and 6gas tech at the moment. evo timing is safe vs forge stargate and forge dt and 6gas tech gives ridiculous midgame tech potential as i feel i can safely tech to just about anything in the face of stargate and robo play with lots of upgrade support. if kiwikakis zealot expand picks up in popularity the build would be in trouble but i think [just think!] that right now its the best option i've found for harass safe macro vs a forge expand.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Rubashov said:
What do we already know about Jaedong and crew at Blizzcon? I haven't heard anyone mentioning them at all. I guess there were no BW showmatches.
Rumors of BW teams getting ready for possible SC2 in the Proleague and some teams testing out new PCs/monitors which could make you think a SC2 transition is possible.

Bring over some of the top pros and show how good the foreign sc2 scene is and show them the new expansion? :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Rubashov said:
What do we already know about Jaedong and crew at Blizzcon? I haven't heard anyone mentioning them at all. I guess there were no BW showmatches.
I sat next to Bisu and Fantasy for a photo (Then told Fantasy BW is still the best), then they left after game 2 or 3 of the GSL Finals.

I'm only guessing to show that SC II has a valid scene and prize money for them.
I never saw JD or Jangbi.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hazaro said:
I sat next to Bisu and Fantasy for a photo (Then told Fantasy BW is still the best), then they left after game 2 or 3 of the GSL Finals.

I'm only guessing to show that SC II has a valid scene and prize money for them.
I never saw JD or Jangbi.

They left because they were being hassled by fans, not for any other reason.

I'm sure they still watched it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
HolyCheck said:

If by hassle you mean 5 people in between matches.
I didn't see anything like that going on with any player there.

*They were probably only there because MMA was almost A-team on SK T1.

Mairu

HolyCheck said:

LOL

I don't think there were more than a handful of people at Blizzcon that would have even recognized them

Alright folks, so I am upgrading to a new computer, parts should all be in in the next day or two, but I am missing one critical component: a keyboard (been running off of just a laptop for the last year, so I actually don't have one).

What model does SC2 GAF prefer for their PC keyboard? Microsoft Sidewinder, Logitech G15, Razer Lycosa, or a regular cheapo keyboard like a Microsoft 600 or Logitech K120? Any recommendations/general concensus? Wired vs wireless doesn't matter in the slightest.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pyke Presco said:
Alright folks, so I am upgrading to a new computer, parts should all be in in the next day or two, but I am missing one critical component: a keyboard (been running off of just a laptop for the last year, so I actually don't have one).

What model does SC2 GAF prefer for their PC keyboard? Microsoft Sidewinder, Logitech G15, Razer Lycosa, or a regular cheapo keyboard like a Microsoft 600 or Logitech K120? Any recommendations/general concensus? Wired vs wireless doesn't matter in the slightest.
Whatever you are comfortable on
Saitek Eclipse for under $30
or DAS Ultimate (email for student discount if you can)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
destinys ling infestor into muta into ultra build is... weird, to say the least.

i dont really see what he's trying to accomplish with the infestors and later with the mutas and both combine to delay his ultras to the point where he's never managed to build one.

is this a build he's doing for SaSe or vica versa?

MrKnives

TL interviews Dustin Browder

Blizzard Would Do A 'StarCraft' Movie If James Cameron Is Interested

Also Bisu & Fantasy playing SC2. We need video!

faFkw.jpg
WRNZL.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
destinys ling infestor into muta into ultra build is... weird, to say the least.

i dont really see what he's trying to accomplish with the infestors and later with the mutas and both combine to delay his ultras to the point where he's never managed to build one.

stop watching and more playing!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Damn, that looks like t he nVidia booth. Would have loved to see them play and thier habits.
Pandaman said:

Do Stephano's build. Nestea used it in a set even.
Mass upgraded lings off 3 hatch on 2 base into infestor -> 3rd and 3-5 ultras with ling infestor. imo ling infestor ultra cleans house for a lot of terran combinations, plus you hit a timing where you damage terran which is rare.

Key points:
3 hatch on 2 base before lair, 2 evo and 4 gas timing, 1-1 ling infestor or 2-2 timing. It is pretty brutal to see 2-2 lings vs 1-0 bio and 0-0 tanks.

Pandaman said:

Nah i don't think he was doing it for Sase just a build he's using. In one of the games Sase cannon rushed him so i think they were just playing games.

I agree it is a weird transition not sure what he was trying to accomplish. Also Sase seems to play with heavy sentry/blink stalkers so the mutas just didn't seem like a good idea most of the time.

Are they definitely showing the code A qualifiers? I couldn't find anything on the gomtv website.

If they are hopefully this time it isn't all moletrap and we get some more awesome cameos from John or Cella etc.

hamchan

So, looks like Metalopolis is back on the ladder and Typhon Peaks, Backwater Gulch and Searing Crater are cut.

This calls for a celebration imo.

hamchan said:
So, looks like Metalopolis is back on the ladder and Typhon Peaks, Backwater Gulch and Searing Crater are cut.

This calls for a celebration imo.

Holy shit what? That's fucking awesome if true. My favourite map is back and my 3 vetos are gone (well with zerg only 1 veto but whatever).

Rubashov

AdventureRacing said:
Holy shit what? That's fucking awesome if true. My favourite map is back and my 3 vetos are gone (well with zerg only 1 veto but whatever).
Yep, looking at the list now.

Xel'Naga Caverns
Abyssal
Antiga
Metalopolis
Nerazim
Shakuras
Tal' Altar
Shattered Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom