• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Wait, anyone got a link what maps they took away and added in Season 4?
Added:
metalopolis

removed:
searing crater
backwater gultch
typhoon peaks

modified:
the shattered temple. removed close ground spawn.
metalopolis. removed close ground spawn.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pandaman said:
Added:
metalopolis

removed:
searing crater
backwater gultch
typhoon peaks

modified:
the shattered temple. removed close ground spawn.
metalopolis. removed close ground spawn.
Wow, best map pool to date... even though close spawn should still be possible. But still, good job Blizz! Ironically, I had veto'D Searing Crater (shitty Zerg-favored map), Backwater (shitty ramp) and Typhoon (shitty huge map) :lol Fucking hilarious

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Searing Crater (shitty Zerg-favored map)

3.gif

Yoshichan said:
Wow, best map pool to date... even though close spawn should still be possible. But still, good job Blizz! Ironically, I had veto'D Searing Crater (shitty Zerg-favored map), Backwater (shitty ramp) and Typhoon (shitty huge map) :lol Fucking hilarious

Whaaaaaat

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pandaman said:
remember that <3 i gave you a few days back? I want it back now.
I regret everything I said...

Can I has <3 back plz?

Dooraven

In game yeah (though I think DTs have a female model and male model, don't know for sure). Zergs have queens, Terrans have medvacs and banshees.

jasonng

WedgeX said:
Waitaminute.

ITS GAF NIGHT DAY

Dang it, Jasonng.
Sorry here it is!
lOAXv.png

Just came back from an afternoon date. Long story. BUT YES WEDGE, it is GAF NIGHT. Tonight is the night we do our placement matches and bitch about our rank. Perhaps we'll talk about our goals for this season. Maybe we'll speculate some more on how OP the new units are. Or we can just whine on how OP Terran is. Whatever works!

See you guys then! Internet is still wonky so hopefully I can squeeze a game in.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Zen

Banned
Bleh I'm like 11 and 32 so far this season. :\ Let that be a lesson to everyone; when you're having a bad night, don't keep playing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Zen said:
Bleh I'm like 11 and 32 so far this season. :\ Let that be a lesson to everyone; when you're having a bad night, don't keep playing.

I was like 15 of 90 in the first season, I never played against anyone easy (was in bronze) it turned me off the game completly.

I wasn't hopeless either, I then one day decided to try NA and got placed in gold and had a 50/50 win rate after a dozen or so games :(

SEA just decided to pit me against people who were good, not people who would build 5 supply depots first

Yoshichan

HolyCheck said:
not people who would build 5 supply depots first
Sounds like a legit strategy in TvT.

hamchan

HolyCheck said:
I was like 15 of 90 in the first season, I never played against anyone easy (was in bronze) it turned me off the game completly.

I wasn't hopeless either, I then one day decided to try NA and got placed in gold and had a 50/50 win rate after a dozen or so games :(

SEA just decided to pit me against people who were good, not people who would build 5 supply depots first
Lower ranks of SEA are better than the lower ranks of NA. Then masters and above NA just demolishes us lol.

HolyCheck

Jinro down 0-1 in the game he needs to win to get into code A

GoSuDoa erik lonnquist
Jinro loses game 1, but not by a lot. Good drop play. Nestea giving advice to his teammate, MinSeok, between games. This is a close match.
20 minutes ago.

fanboi

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Jinro down 0-1 in the game he needs to win to get into code A

GoSuDoa erik lonnquist
Jinro loses game 1, but not by a lot. Good drop play. Nestea giving advice to his teammate, MinSeok, between games. This is a close match.
20 minutes ago.

WHAT

How can he be close to Code A?

RISE OF THE FALLEN HERO

JINBRO

CHINBRO

BROLUV

I BOW DOWN TO THEE I OFFER YOU MY HEAR AND SOUL PLEASE CONSUME ME

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

I really dunno how to solve my problem... I finally decided to bind my ghosts to an own group and now whenever I decide to cloak and go for the money EMP, I completely forget to macro. If I land a good EMP, I need to stim my main army as fast as possible before he turtles back and regenerates... and during this whole micro-procedure, I'll go from super amazing macro to completely down the shitter macro. For a good 20 seconds or so.

I know my problem, so why can't I solve it? Fucking stupid.

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
I really dunno how to solve my problem... I finally decided to bind my ghosts to an own group and now whenever I decide to cloak and go for the money EMP, I completely forget to macro. If I land a good EMP, I need to stim my main army as fast as possible before he turtles back and regenerates... and during this whole micro-procedure, I'll go from super amazing macro to completely down the shitter macro. For a good 20 seconds or so.

welcome to playing terran, too bad you can't put a pylon and macro while fighting the other army.

HolyCheck

E

Tiger >< &#44428;&#54785;&#51116;
Sweetly >< &#51312;&#54840;&#54788;
&#44053;&#54620;&#55192; >< &#48149;&#52268;&#51456;
Saint >< Cutter

Ultimate >< &#50896;&#50868;&#54840;
&#48149;&#54732;&#51068; >< &#54889;&#49457;&#50864;
&#54620;&#51456;&#55148; >< &#44608;&#50689;&#51652; (Not kyrix vs supernova)
BoxeR >< EarneSt

Boxers group, either we get boxer, or we get a new face, i'm happy either way.

also some pleasent surprises so far, especially iSCrazymoving getting into code A, being one of those unknown koreans on a small american team. Also two no team players getting in so far

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshichan said:

You don't need to macro if you land good EMPs, you have already gained a very large advantage.

Medivac retention, upgrades, army positioning (concave), your mards in front, his zealots stuck in back, money EMPs are all much more important than 10 seconds on your 10 rax.

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
welcome to playing terran, too bad you can't put a pylon and macro while fighting the other army.
I just feel that it takes way too long to build from rax (and memorize how many times I press D, A and G for Marauders, Marines and Ghosts... I hate buffering stuff obviously, so this is literally kills the inside of me everytime I have to micro while doing this shit). Oh and then I need to make stuff out of factories and possibly starports. And constantly produce SCVs.

It's just not physically possible to memorize, press buttons for structures for the exact amount of times needed, and micro at the same time.
Hazaro said:
Medivac retention, upgrades, army positioning (concave), your mards in front, his zealots stuck in back, money EMPs are all much more important than 10 seconds on your 10 rax.
You might be helluva right with this, for sure... it's just that whenever I'm done with the fight (if I get money EMP, I mostly win afterwards anyway) but I see my money going through the roofs (1000+) and I want to stab a knife in my face. Every single time. But yeah, you're most likely right...

Yoshichan

Hazaro said:
Just queue up another round and plop another orbital down. Can never have too many of those.
Yep...

Thanks GAF, I haven't requested much assistance from you guys lately, but I do feel that this was a necessary thing to bring up because it was really getting on my nerves... I need to get my priorities straight, pretty much.

Q8D3vil

Hazaro said:
You don't need to macro if you land good EMPs, you have already gained a very large advantage.

no, if you are playing good protoss and he managed to land 2 storms after emping 90% of his hts he will win with reinforcement (if there was a coloss it will much worse).
i lost so many games after winning the final big battle because i couldn't keep up the macro after defeating the protoss. you need to have the apm and the speed to do it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Q8D3vil said:
no, if you are playing good protoss and he managed to land 2 storms after emping 90% of his hts he will win with reinforcement (if there was a coloss it will much worse).
i lost so many games after winning the final big battle because i couldn't keep up the macro after defeating the protoss. you need to have the apm and the speed to do it.
Show me replays.

Can you engage in a better spot, can you sack 2 mards to try to snipe HT? Can you abuse ghost cloak? Flank? Engage when Zealots aren't in front?

Q8D3vil

Hazaro said:
Show me replays.

Can you engage in a better spot, can you sack 2 mards to try to snipe HT? Can you abuse ghost cloak? Flank? Engage when Zealots aren't in front?
now you are talking about godly micro.
no foreigners can do that beside select and probably thorzain. even in Korea not all of them can keep doing all of these stuff at once.

like i said before, terran have to do 10 things at once while protoss are doing 2, this is how the game works ( thats why protoss have better winrate outside of korea and in the ladder).

i understand where are you coming from though, but its easier said than done, and if i had the speed and multitasking to do these stuff at once i would be in GM easily.

Yoshichan

Terran should just be able to slow down time with 25 energy from the OC. This is where we macro up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom