• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hazaro said:
jbnuNYo1vtPPjl.JPG
2hkow.gif

Keikaku

Completely missed SOTG.

Did play my placement match and one after it. Got into Platinum as Terran, currently ranked 9th for what it's worth.

MrKnives

Have Blizzard ever released any information on what's the ratio on how played the races are. I mean is it 33-33-33.
I remember seeing something where Protoss was the most played race, then Zerg and only then Terran. Then again I've also seen stats where Terran is the most played so I feel they go all over the place depends where to look.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
SC2ranks has it.

*The trend was lower leagues had more Terrans, then more Zerg as you moved up. P had less and grew smaller as leagues went up iirc.

Keikaku

MrKnives said:
Have Blizzard ever released any information on what's the ratio on how played the races are. I mean is it 33-33-33.
I remember seeing something where Protoss was the most played race, then Zerg and only then Terran. Then again I've also seen stats where Terran is the most played so I feel they go all over the place depends where to look.
Not that I recall.

I did find this though:
http://www.sc2replayed.com/statistics?timeAgo=all

And this from a little over a year ago:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145387

I'm fairly sure the TL link is outdated (personally, I think there are a lot more Zergs out there) but I'm including it for the sake of completeness.

Hazaro said:
SC2ranks has it.

*The trend was lower leagues had more Terrans, then more Zerg as you moved up. P had less and grew smaller as leagues went up iirc.

This. Also since the lower leagues make up such a huge percentage of total players there are actually far more terran than anyone else.

I used to face only zergs on the ladder but lately it's been all protoss and terran (this could be because i'm facing lower ranked diamond players now who knows).

V_Arnold

I love the new patch, and I am saying that as a Terran.
Ghost's EMP was ALWAYS bullshit. Always. Now you are not able to basically win half the battle against a P deathball by making 2(!) ghosts.

What a bullshit that was. Now you need to commit, and micro. Good.

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
I love the new patch, and I am saying that as a Terran.
Ghost's EMP was ALWAYS bullshit. Always. Now you are not able to basically win half the battle against a P deathball by making 2(!) ghosts.

What a bullshit that was. Now you need to commit, and micro. Good.
first, you are not a terran.
you play the race but thats it.
second, emp should take full energy now that it do less damage.

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:

Wait, how does that make sense, he plays the race but not a terran?

Have I missed where you need to get a branding or something? :D

Oh he need this?

terrantat.jpg

jersoc

hmm, wow. 40 code A players just means more moletrap, no thanks there.

sounds like code s might be changed a bit too judging by gom's page announcing details tomorrow.

Mairu

Bizarre request incoming

Anyone have the graphic/design ability to turn my avatar in a SC2 themed avatar? If Alex was like, in a Terran Marine outfit or something, I think I'd go crazy. I WOULD DO ALMOST ANYTHING FOR THIS
$$? something fair :(

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWiyS8N1TBU is bizarre. I imagine this is a television show for Koreans (as it's on a Korean TV channel?), but Jason & Tasteless are both speaking so slowly and clearly. It's just weird to listen to as a native English speaker.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mairu said:
Bizarre request incoming

Anyone have the graphic/design ability to turn my avatar in a SC2 themed avatar? If Alex was like, in a Terran Marine outfit or something, I think I'd go crazy. I WOULD DO ALMOST ANYTHING FOR THIS

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWiyS8N1TBU is bizarre. I imagine this is a television show for Koreans (as it's on a Korean TV channel?), but Jason & Tasteless are both speaking so slowly and clearly. It's just weird to listen to as a native English speaker.

I was watching some before.. sooo .. strange but.. so educational

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:

First, no, I am not a whiny terran. Ill leave that to others ;)
Second, no. It is not a "but then.." scenario, Ghost was too strong, end of story. :D

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
First, no, I am not a whiny terran. Ill leave that to others ;)
Second, no. It is not a "but then.." scenario, Ghost was too strong, end of story. :D
lets wait when u eat tons of storms and bitch about it.
or when the battle end and they reinforce with 100 zealots.
tvp is broken outside of korea, they noticed that and now they are putting battle hellion.

Keikaku

Mairu said:
Bizarre request incoming

I have done sprite work for games before. If you trust my work, I'll take a shot at it. I don't need money-it's good practice.

hamchan

I think making all Protoss upgrades cheaper then nerfing EMP is a bit much. Hopefully this doesn't make Protoss too powerful against Terran (it totally will).

Q8D3vil

hamchan said:
I think making all Protoss upgrades cheaper then nerfing EMP is a bit much. Hopefully this doesn't make Protoss too powerful against Terran (it totally will).
protoss are already crawling back to code a without this patch.
gsl format for up and down make it hard for anyone to go down anyway.

blizzard should have waited :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fanboi said:
Wait, how does that make sense, he plays the race but not a terran?

Have I missed where you need to get a branding or something? :D

Oh he need this?

terrantat.jpg
Why are you posting pictures of my back?

zargle

jersoc said:
hmm, wow. 40 code A players just means more moletrap, no thanks there.

sounds like code s might be changed a bit too judging by gom's page announcing details tomorrow.

I hope these changes dont make Nada or Clide drop out. Their absurd consistency pleases me for some odd reason.

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
I like Destiny when he is on State of the Game. He behaves properly there. Feels good.
now we need a good foreign terran.
oh wait, that doesn't exist (On Na anyway, select is korean)

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:

Oh damn it, do not tell me. My ears bleeded when whiny protoss players (including Artosis) booed out Viper. Horrible, horrible.

Viper is the unit that makes me go back to zerg. If HOTS gives us varied ZVZ (I assume it WILL, with the new stuff), I am Zerg again :D

Q8D3vil

back to diamond in eu, i guess bnet is working now (which is strange because i have positive ratio in eu lol).
V_Arnold said:
Oh damn it, do not tell me. My ears bleeded when whiny protoss players (including Artosis) booed out Viper. Horrible, horrible.

Viper is the unit that makes me go back to zerg. If HOTS gives us varied ZVZ (I assume it WILL, with the new stuff), I am Zerg again :D
you are already zerg, don't fool yourself.
you are changeling :p

Deadman

Q8D3vil said:

demuslim. swap out day9 and replace with destiny and demuslim, would be so good.

Q8D3vil

Deadman said:
demuslim. swap out day9 and replace with destiny and demuslim, would be so good.
the problem is whoever they will bring will get raped by the tosses in the show.
90% of the sotg content is how terran is op and how to nerf mules.

lol
gBGqu.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

a176

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
have not accomplished anything..

no, they are not the absolute best sc2 players around
but they probably have a better understanding of the game than blizzard does
and you, of course

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
its a funny show because it about a group of shitty players that play a certain race and have not accomplished anything.
its like watching a sitcom.

Dude cheer up! Not everyone is trying to destroy Terran. They know more than we do at least. Also Incontrol got 8th one MLG I think? And Tyler beat Choya!

That actually got me thinking. Who excactly is the best player in SotG? Tyler?

V_Arnold

MrKnives said:
Dude cheer up! Not everyone is trying to destroy Terran. They know more than we do at least. Also Incontrol got 8th one MLG I think? And Tyler beat Choya!

This time, it was Destiny. When he is on it, it is Idra. Otherwise, random master Day9 is better than Incontrol/Tyler, I think.

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
This time, it was Destiny. When he is on it, it is Idra. Otherwise, random master Day9 is better than Incontrol/Tyler, I think.

Destiny is not better than Incontrol or Tyler. At most he is even. Winning Incontrol in one series doesn't make him better than them both. He has achieved as much as any of them, nothing.

Also I do like Day9 but I find it hard to say he is better than any of them. Talk is cheap, when he shows his play I might reconsider.

IdrA is a clear winner I agree. But in most cases I still think Tyler is best, not by a huge margin though.

I don't think we should even mention Artosis or JP.

Deadman

Played a terran for placement on antiga. He went bfh, i had spines and queens, didnt lose much. After that ling/bane/muta. Waited for him to unsiege and 1a. Feels good man.

Still in gold, i guess playing 0 ladder last season doesnt help.

Q8D3vil

a176 said:
no, they are not the absolute best sc2 players around
but they probably have a better understanding of the game than blizzard does
and you, of course
seeing how much incontrol actually play the game im pretty sure i play it more than him :p

Keikaku

MrKnives said:
It looks like you guys mentioned Idra and forgot all about HuK. He's the best player, by results, to come on to SOTG and he's been on at least 2-3 times.

Mairu said:
Awesome, that would be sweet
I'll see what I can do :)

V_Arnold

MrKnives said:
Destiny is not better than Incontrol or Tyler. At most he is even. Winning Incontrol in one series doesn't make him better than them both. He has achieved as much as any of them, nothing.

Also I do like Day9 but I find it hard to say he is better than any of them. Talk is cheap, when he shows his play I might reconsider.

IdrA is a clear winner I agree. But in most cases I still think Tyler is best, not by a huge margin though.

I don't think we should even mention Artosis or JP.

I did not mention Artosis for a reason. He is still the best caster in the world with Tasteless, so he is fine :D JP is good, he is in Diamond? Or just got to masters? :D

Anyway, that is not their job. I think Destiny is a lot more "consistent" than Tyler and Incontrol, and none of them have any huge winnings. But I do not care, they still have more experience than I ever will in SC (maybe with the exception of Destiny, I dunno if he had a BW career or not).

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
I did not mention Artosis for a reason. He is still the best caster in the world with Tasteless, so he is fine :D JP is good, he is in Diamond? Or just got to masters? :D

JP has been a Masters Random as long as I remember them talking anything about his rank so he isn't completely bad.

Yoshichan

Wait, anyone got a link what maps they took away and added in Season 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom