• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
i played the custom and went double ups ling into hosts and followed with hive tech hydras and some vipers.

started leapfrogging into a protoss gold and protoss gateway armies could not even get close to the hosts. [i had about 18 of them]

its basically do my old 3base ling infestor build accept now theres a midgame melee unit that makes double ups even stronger. this toss had like 15 gateways and i never lost a host, i just banked money until he gave up on the gold and it died.

game plan was just my typical use lings for defense and countering, delay third a bit and then start banking up hosts and harassing. swarm host, ling, viper [cloud spell] handles anything protoss has on the ground and speed hydras act as support in the lategame. locusts just chew through zealots and vipers make offensive blinks suicide.

Yeah, its really strong since my plan (prev game against Knives) was to "swarm" my opponent.

And with hydras in your back and you create some hosts with detection it will be damned hard to defend.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
Yeah, its really strong since my plan (prev game against Knives) was to "swarm" my opponent.

And with hydras in your back and you create some hosts with detection it will be damned hard to defend.
yeah. the trick is to let the swarms do the work and just inch forward until toss or terran has to come out to you.

soooo good.

they cant really do damage to a seiged up terran but they stop that terran from advancing and thats worth it.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
yeah. the trick is to let the swarms do the work and just inch forward until toss or terran has to come out to you.

soooo good.

they cant really do damage to a seiged up terran but they stop that terran from advancing and thats worth it.

Hmm a seige line where you have maaaass lings with alot of hosts and some vipers shouldn't be hard to break now?

You let the locus take the dmg from shells while moving in with lings... will be intresting.

MrKnives

I would like to play a HotS game where both actually play seriously. I don't care if one guy goes marine tank only. We have been doing this silly games where I have like 10 replicators and bunch of oracles but I'm more interested how would lets say Swam Host do against a normal Protoss army, Colossus and everything.
Or if you can even survive 6gate or Terrans 2base push when going Swarm Host.

How much HP swarm hosts have? I'd imagine storm would be good against them if they are burrowed all close to each other.

Or against Terran who harasses well early one so you can't get a fast third and can't go mass swarm hosts. Or if you do then I'd imagine just dropping everywhere would be good because swarm hosts seems like a crappy unit to defend drops.

We need to play today fanboi.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
Hmm a seige line where you have maaaass lings with alot of hosts and some vipers shouldn't be hard to break now?

You let the locus take the dmg from shells while moving in with lings... will be intresting.
also vipers pulling forward tanks.

@knives, ive been doing serious games on the map.

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
ling host viper open:
http://i.imgur.com/CUfec.jpg

i win this game, corran did a zealot/stalker/archon/colossus deathball. standard play, no new units used. i think.

Ok cool need to try it today myself. I hated Swarm Hosts before but they are winning me over. It's annoying as fuck to deal with "free" units that kill your army.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrKnives said:
Ok cool need to try it today myself. I hated Swarm Hosts before but they are winning me over. It's annoying as fuck to deal with "free" units that kill your army.
yea my opinion on them has 180'd since i tried them.

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
I would like to play a HotS game where both actually play seriously. I don't care if one guy goes marine tank only. We have been doing this silly games where I have like 10 replicators and bunch of oracles but I'm more interested how would lets say Swam Host do against a normal Protoss army, Colossus and everything.
Or if you can even survive 6gate or Terrans 2base push when going Swarm Host.

How much HP swarm hosts have? I'd imagine storm would be good against them if they are burrowed all close to each other.

Or against Terran who harasses well early one so you can't get a fast third and can't go mass swarm hosts. Or if you do then I'd imagine just dropping everywhere would be good because swarm hosts seems like a crappy unit to defend drops.

We need to play today fanboi.

Yes, gf is going away tonight so I can scream your name all night if you like.

@Panda
You played against Corran, we said serious games.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
yea my opinion on them has 180'd since i tried them.
How about the fact that 1 raven and 1 banshee counter them?

Heck micro'd marauders would probably do fine too with medivac micro.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
fanboi said:
@Panda
You played against Corran, we said serious games.

q8Ehm.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hazaro said:
How about the fact that 1 raven and 1 banshee counter them?

Heck micro'd marauders would probably do fine too with medivac micro.
if a t is building marauders vs zerg im happy.

@fanboi: pretty sure corran would 4-0 you. :p
8k 8k resources, 200/200 queens.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Marauders would clean it up faster than waiting for a banshee and would allow medivacs to be made.

I just means like a few, not a large amount.

Then your giant gas sink dies and Terran 1a stims you and you lose.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
if a t is building marauders vs zerg im happy.

@fanboi: pretty sure corran would 4-0 you. :p
8k 8k resources, 200/200 queens.

as long as we are 1-1 I'm happy.

Didn't he beat me once on Antiga?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hazaro said:
Marauders would clean it up faster than waiting for a banshee and would allow medivacs to be made.

I just means like a few, not a large amount.

Then your giant gas sink dies and Terran 1a stims you and you lose.
what gas sink? they're only 100 gas

they're a mineral sink if anything.

dunno how 1range marauders could 1a in small numbers tho.

Dooraven

Pandaman said:
ling host viper open:
http://i.imgur.com/CUfec.jpg

i win this game, corran did a zealot/stalker/archon/colossus deathball. standard play, no new units used. i think.

How does Storm/HT work against this? Would feedbacks/storm be able to get off before blinding cloud sets off/ HTs are killed.

Also are vipers light or armoured? And what is the range of abduct and swarm hosts?

(not on my sc2 comp atm, its at repair ;;)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
what gas sink? they're only 100 gas

they're a mineral sink if anything.

dunno how 1range marauders could 1a in small numbers tho.
So Hydra Swarm host then.
Got it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
How does Storm/HT work against this? Would feedbacks/storm be able to get off before blinding cloud sets off/ HTs are killed.
feedback would stop clouds yes.

Also are vipers light or armoured?
light.

And what is the range of abduct
huge. 9 would be my guess.

and swarm hosts?
i dunno, however far the locust can move without dying.
30 range? i guess?

i had locusts seige me on metal from the trees under the corner of the gold.
Hazaro said:
So Hydra Swarm host then.
Got it.
vs protoss hydra follow to hosts seems good, yes.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
feedback would stop clouds yes.

light.

huge. 9 would be my guess.

i dunno, however far the locust can move without dying.
30 range? i guess?

i had locusts seige me on metal from the trees under the corner of the gold.

vs protoss hydra follow to hosts seems good, yes.

With increased speed and some armour upgrades, might be good against T aswell (if oyu have alot of hosts).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
With increased speed and some armour upgrades, might be good against T aswell (if oyu have alot of hosts).
maybe, i dunno. melee upgrades seem much more important than range atm and the hydras in zvp are in my mind AA and support dps only.

they might have a roll in harass zvt as a means to pop in quickly and pick a few shredders.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
maybe, i dunno. melee upgrades seem much more important than range atm and the hydras in zvp are in my mind AA and support dps only.

they might have a roll in harass zvt as a means to pop in quickly and pick a few shredders.

Yeah, well it will be intresting so see.

Also host drops in bases and expansions is good, since as a T you can't warp in units since they will be killed and as a T you cant wait for units to build, you have to react.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
Yeah, well it will be intresting so see.

Also host drops in bases and expansions is good, since as a T you can't warp in units since they will be killed and as a T you cant wait for units to build, you have to react.
and locust dps is so massive and the locusts so beefy you cant just 1a 10marines and look away.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW @ this game. That is all.

jasonng

lOAXv.png

HEART OF THE SWARM
CUSTOM
EDITION

Tonight's a special night. Put on your favorite robe and pour yourself a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. Sit back, relax, and tune in to the Neogaf chat channel. Enjoy the company of other like-minded and sexy individuals who want nothing more but to cherish the night with you. Make sure you set the mood right. Dim down those lights, darling. Maybe even light some scented candles with that intoxicating aroma. Oh you know the one, baby. Put on some Marvin Gaye music in the background. You have to set that ambiance just right because it's Gaf Night. And we want nothing more but your sweet and tender loving hands all over your keyboard.

Let's have some fun
with some broken OP units
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

nilbog21 said:
haha its Nujabes that shut him down, what a joke. not to mention the artist is DEAD

It seems that it is a troll post (from comments on reddit and TL). On Catz stream, he said that they (justin.tv?) thought that he was streaming a soccer match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom