• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
jasonng said:
lOAXv.png

HEART OF THE SWARM
CUSTOM
EDITION

Tonight's a special night. Put on your favorite robe and pour yourself a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. Sit back, relax, and tune in to the Neogaf chat channel. Enjoy the company of other like-minded and sexy individuals who want nothing more but to cherish the night with you. Make sure you set the mood right. Dim down those lights, darling. Maybe even light some scented candles with that intoxicating aroma. Oh you know the one, baby. Put on some Marvin Gaye music in the background. You have to set that ambiance just right because it's Gaf Night. And we want nothing more but your sweet and tender loving hands all over your keyboard.

Let's have some fun
with some broken OP units

<3

Dooraven

ugh I dunno if MOBA will ever take off as an esport with the community it's having atm this constant fighting over games is really annoying as hell.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
LiquidJinro Jonathan Walsh @
@followgrubby wat kind of person hosts a tournament, then wins it themselves... rigged much?
50 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@FNATIC whos that?
50 minutes ago

@FXOChoya @tgunsc2 choya when do u leave? cant wait...
51 minutes ago

@KillerShin guess what, noone cares
52 minutes ago

@kellymilkies r u retarded?
52 minutes ago

DarioWuensch Dario Wünsch @
@LiquidJinro @sullyrabbit woah why so BM jonathan TT
52 minutes ago

@CallMeTasteless if i had salt iw ould put it in all ur wounds just to see u suffer
52 minutes ago

@DarioWuensch @sullyrabbit fucking everyone unfollow him
52 minutes ago

@DarioWuensch shut it kid i cant believe u almost lost to desrow
53 minutes ago

lol. Oh HuK

Dooraven said:
ugh I dunno if MOBA will ever take off as an esport with the community it's having atm this constant fighting over games is really annoying as hell.
Didn't hurt Street Fighter, Counter Strike at all

DOTA 2 will be huge

Dooraven

TheThunder said:
Didn't hurt Street Fighter, Counter Strike at all

DOTA 2 will be huge

The Fighting game community is still alive and kicking because they embrace pretty much all competitive fighting games. Which is how the MOBA community should be but they're just fighting over each other atm.

CS scene got destroyed in NA because of the source/1.6 divide. EU is still going because everyone decided to stick to 1.6.

DoTA 2 will be huge, yeah I agree. (I still can't seem to find the community thread for it >.<

Dooraven said:
The Fighting game community is still alive and kicking because they embrace pretty much all competitive fighting games. Which is how the MOBA community should be but they're just fighting over each other atm.

CS scene got destroyed in NA because of the source/1.6 divide. EU is still going because everyone decided to stick to 1.6.

DoTA 2 will be huge, yeah I agree. (I still can't seem to find the community thread for it >.<
There nothing to fight about, HoN is gonna die, and LoL will continue on because it's different enough

and here you go

hyduK

Banned
So, I haven't really played much since the first season...kept up with GSL/MLG and stuff but yeah. Terran player, if I had to choose a couple builds to focus on until I can improve my macro enough to get into diamond what would you guys recommend? I was thinking 1/1/1...seems like the most versatile one and it's not cheese dependant. (I don't really feel like 6 raxing all day).

That youtube gaming channel looks like it could be a big deal. Great for the IPL and hopefully this leads to their next tournament getting a lot more viewers.

Haunted

Nasl.tv got de-featured.

I don't see NASL in the TL calendar anymore. uh oh

edit: seems like that's a mistake, it should be there. Not sure why it's not...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
V_Arnold said:
Kids and twitters nowadays. What the fuck is happening in that post? Hm?
Who is saying what to who?

53 minutes ago

Top line is who wrote it

second line is what was written, if something appears with an @ before it, it is being sent to a persons twitter

HolyCheck @
@V_Arnold, you smell :)
Just Now

Haunted

HolyCheck said:
53 minutes ago

Top line is who wrote it

second line is what was written, if something appears with an @ before it, it is being sent to a persons twitter

HolyCheck @
@V_Arnold, you smell :)
Just Now
And since that's not Jinro's style, I assume someone took over his twitter?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Haunted said:
Nasl.tv got de-featured.

I don't see NASL in the TL calendar anymore. uh oh

edit: seems like that's a mistake, it should be there. Not sure why it's not...
They did it on purpose. Since all their events are scheduled it doesnt need to be featured.

Haunted

Corran Horn said:
They did it on purpose. Since all their events are scheduled it doesnt need to be featured.
And then they were sly enough to categorise NASL under "BW" so no one ever watches it.

Just catching a little bit of the IPL whilst watching Tylers stream (want to join GAF night but can't right now). Catspajamas and HDstarcraft are terrible, it's a ZvZ and honestly they just have no idea what they're talking about. It's like just about everything they say is wrong and often laughably so.

Haunted said:
And then they were sly enough to categorise NASL under "BW" so no one ever watches it.

If you want to turn people off the NASL the best thing you could do is link to their stream.

Haunted

AdventureRacing said:
Just catching a little bit of the IPL whilst watching Tylers stream (want to join GAF night but can't right now). Catspajamas and HDstarcraft are terrible, it's a ZvZ and honestly they just have no idea what they're talking about. It's like just about everything they say is wrong and often laughably so.
Here's the good part: HD plays Zerg.

StuBurns

Banned
Hey GAF, a quick question, although there are 29 campaign missions, as there are two versions of All In, there are effectively 30. How can someone access the alternative version of that mission? Do they have to make the final decision again on an alternate save or play thru it all again?

a176

Banned
StuBurns said:
Hey GAF, a quick question, although there are 29 campaign missions, as there are two versions of All In, there are effectively 30. How can someone access the alternative version of that mission? Do they have to make the final decision again on an alternate save or play thru it all again?

theres another 2-version mission with nova/black guy

but yea, just make save games

StuBurns

Banned
a176 said:
theres another 2-version mission with nova/black guy

but yea, just make save games
There are three alt missions, but they're all accessible from the normal loader, I can't see a way to get the other All In.

Just had a game against a player who built a 7th SCV, then went and hid it in a corner, built a CC, floated it up to the corner of shattered temple with the SCV inside, and then left his 6 SCVs sitting at his main base, not even mining.

Confused the flying fuck out of me. I scouted early, saw a handful of workers with nothing else and immediately thought "Oh shit, proxy 2 rax or something", panic sets in, build double gateway and immediately send my scouting SCV looking for the rax, watchtower, my gold, behind the shrubs and lifted into my base, etc. I find nothing, which is slightly odd, so I then send my probe back to his base and find his workers not mining and just sitting at the CC. Pump a couple zealots quick and send them over, kill his base and the 6 SCVs and then nothing happens.

So I'm thinking to myself "What the fuck is going on? Did this guy do some kind of game dropping glitch or something that makes it so I can't win?" I had pulled all my probes along with my zealots to just kill off this CC quick, so I then had to send them all the way back across the map to start mining again and build up Robo tech for observers, and then stargate for some phoenixes and scout all over the map. About the 10 minute mark he types in "What the hell, what happened to my base? I left for a minute, thought it would be ok" (I ask him why he didnt request a pause, told him I killed his base and that the game didnt end. Still couldnt figure out what was going on at this point)

Finally find him up in the corner with an observer patrolling the edge of the map (watching replay, had actually just narrowly glimpsed it with a phoenix, but I had put it to attack move all over the map and then didnt watch the minimap, so I just assumed that since it wasnt stopped and shooting anything that the game was borked.

Luckily I noticed the second time it was spotted by my patrolling troops. What a weird strategy. Wonder how many times he's done that to people and they just quit because they think the game is glitched somehow.

EDIT: #1 in his Gold League, out of his last 30 games or so this is the only one in which he's Terran, the rest is mostly Zerg with a handful of Protoss games. So I'm guessing he accidentally clicked Terran for his race and then didn't know what to do so tried to trick a win out of me. Interesting. Almost worked too, I thought the game had bugged out and was considering quitting.

Pyke Presco said:
Just had a game against a player who built a 7th SCV, then went and hid it in a corner, built a CC, floated it up to the corner of shattered temple with the SCV inside, and then left his 6 SCVs sitting at his main base, not even mining.

Confused the flying fuck out of me. I scouted early, saw a handful of workers with nothing else and immediately thought "Oh shit, proxy 2 rax or something", panic sets in, build double gateway and immediately send my scouting SCV looking for the rax, watchtower, my gold, behind the shrubs and lifted into my base, etc. I find nothing, which is slightly odd, so I then send my probe back to his base and find his workers not mining and just sitting at the CC. Pump a couple zealots quick and send them over, kill his base and the 6 SCVs and then nothing happens.

So I'm thinking to myself "What the fuck is going on? Did this guy do some kind of game dropping glitch or something that makes it so I can't win?" I had pulled all my probes along with my zealots to just kill off this CC quick, so I then had to send them all the way back across the map to start mining again and build up Robo tech for observers, and then stargate for some phoenixes and scout all over the map. About the 10 minute mark he types in "What the hell, what happened to my base? I left for a minute, thought it would be ok" (I ask him why he didnt request a pause, told him I killed his base and that the game didnt end. Still couldnt figure out what was going on at this point)

Finally find him up in the corner with an observer patrolling the edge of the map (watching replay, had actually just narrowly glimpsed it with a phoenix, but I had put it to attack move all over the map and then didnt watch the minimap, so I just assumed that since it wasnt stopped and shooting anything that the game was borked.

Luckily I noticed the second time it was spotted by my patrolling troops. What a weird strategy. Wonder how many times he's done that to people and they just quit because they think the game is glitched somehow.

EDIT: Out of his last 30 games or so this is the only one in which he's Terran, the rest is mostly Zerg with a handful of Protoss games. So I'm guessing he accidentally clicked Terran for his race and then didn't know what to do so tried to trick a win out of me. Interesting.

I had a similar game. My first placement match was against a terran on Scrap Station. I send my scouting drone to his base... to find nothing. Scrap Station being a 1v1 map, there couldn't be anywhere else he could have spawned. Luckily, I was watching Destiny's stream the day before (it was when he was doing only mass queens) and one of his opponent just flew his CC to the island between the two bases. Remembering this, I sent first overlord to this island, to find him. I rushed to mutas and they arrived at his base just in time as he was rushing Battle Cruisers. He left as soon as he saw my mutas. But still, I was confused as hell. When I watched the replay, I saw that he loaded all his scv but one, flew the CC to the island and build a rax with the remaining scv.

Try to rely on your minimap instead of a-moving your scout, especially phoenixes as they can't hit ground without using a spell.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I really wanted to be in GAFnight :( Want to see good HotS-play.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuup :/

Keikaku

Pyke Presco said:

EDIT: #1 in his Gold League, out of his last 30 games or so this is the only one in which he's Terran, the rest is mostly Zerg with a handful of Protoss games. So I'm guessing he accidentally clicked Terran for his race and then didn't know what to do so tried to trick a win out of me. Interesting. Almost worked too, I thought the game had bugged out and was considering quitting.

Congartulations, you ran into the patented SlayersDragon "No Kill Win" strategy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuwxld70x3M

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Thats really rude to blame TL after all they have given to the SC2 community.
Hahhahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom