• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corran Horn said:
gaf dark souls OT is going to pass us already. wtf yall suck.
Dark Souls > Starcraft 2 (when it comes to playing the game anyway)

"but does it have a DSL (Dark Souls League), NO"
/Artosis

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck Dark Souls.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
V_Arnold said:
Haha. 5/10!
Haha, is it really that imprinted in GAF now? This is like the 20th time someone's joked about it :(

Haven't finished the game (40 hours in and I don't think I'm even close), but from what I played there is stuff that's better in demon's and stuff that's better in dark.

They fixed the grass/spices stacking with the bonfires but I still haven't played an area to level of the Tower of Latria or Shrine of Storms, and the online is totally broken compared to Demon's Souls, not once have I been invaded and only saw 2 summoning sings which is ridiculous by comparison.

Both are easily the best games of this generation though

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
I will joke about it until it gets old, that is for sure! :D

Let us continue this: yes it is!
i don't want to continue this because it will only end with me getting banned for saying something bad about gaf favorite game :(

Yoshichan

hey d3vil, you promised me that you'd change your avatar once GSL was over...
Q8D3vil said:
i don't want to continue this because it will only end with me getting banned for saying something bad about gaf favorite game :(
Don't worry, the only mod who enters this thread is Evilore! He's an understanding person ♥

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
hey d3vil, you promised me that you'd change your avatar once GSL was over...

Don't worry, the only mod who enters this thread is Evilore! He's an understanding person ♥
well, i got juniored over some stupid uncharted shit, i'm not willing to risk it anymore :/

i didn't find any good replacement for my avatar :/

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
Find someone who can photoshop mvp riding on yoshi

Q8D3vil said:
well, i got juniored over some stupid uncharted shit, i'm not willing to risk it anymore :/

I don't really like uncharted or dark souls so i can go down in flames with you :D. Also once i get my proper computer back i'm going to try out some terran so i wouldn't mind getting a few builds from you (though i have some ideas of my own i want to try as well).

ksan

Corran Horn said:
gaf dark souls OT is going to pass us already. wtf yall suck.
Casual games get a bigger audience, are you shocked?

It's like I said to holden; if I need to play a relaxing game after playing sc2/dota or any other competitive game I'll go play Dark Souls.

Yoshichan

ksan said:
Casual games get a bigger audience, are you shocked?
I like... the fact... that Dark Souls is the "casual game" here...

edit: not saying I disagree with you. It just feels weird as fuck, especially considering how niche Demon's Souls was.

ksan

Yoshichan said:

edit: not saying I disagree with you. It just feels weird as fuck, especially considering how niche Demon's Souls was.
It's too bad I haven't really found too much time for playing Dark Souls yet though, I really like the game :)

Yoshichan

ksan said:
It's too bad I haven't really found too much time for playing Dark Souls yet though, I really like the game :)
You're enjoying it, probably because you haven't reached the later parts of the game yet :)

MrKnives

With DS it's still just you and your game. With SC2 it's you, the game and the thousands of other guys so when you lose you have to live knowing there is someone better than you.
Also most of the times they are assholes >_>

I've played a lot of hard games so I know how frustrating they can be but SC2 like BW is frustrating on another level.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
With DS it's still just you and your game. With SC2 it's you, the game and the thousands of other guys so when you lose you have to live knowing there is someone better than you.
Also most of the times they are assholes >_>

I've played a lot of hard games so I know how frustrating they can be but SC2 like BW is frustrating on another level.
pretty much, Dark souls was not frustrating for me because i play a lot of sc2 and i know what "real frustration mean".
Dark Soul does not require skill, it requires patient.

ultron87

I dunno, with Dark Souls you have a thread full of people saying shit like "Oh yeah, that Capra Demon that you died 37 times on consecutively? I killed it first try" and so on.

zargle

Dooraven said:
The real question is, why do we care that there is a bigger community then ours :p?

Exactly. It doesn't matter because no one can catch up to HaloGaf. How are they on OT7? Jeebus.

Haunted

Not that it matters, but we regularly have spinoff threads for tournaments. All the GSL, MLG and IEM threads etc.

Anyway, stop discussing OT shit and back to the game! What's this about a Youtube esports channel I'm hearing?

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
Dooraven, whats your name.friendcode ?
did you played with any gaffer before ?

I'll have to double check that when my comp that can run SC2 comesback from repair. But it's ugh Dooraven.xxx on SEA and VoidEagle.xxx on NA. And don't think so. Gaf events aren't very well situated to my timezones :(

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
I'll have to double check that when my comp that can run SC2 comesback from repair. But it's ugh Dooraven.xxx on SEA and VoidEagle.xxx on NA. And don't think so. Gaf events aren't very well situated to my timezones :(
i'm sure that am available at all time zones.
looking forward to playing with you when you get your pc back :)

Jeff-DSA

Well, I'm back from my ban, so I can start pitching in some to the post count again. Worst. Ban. Ever.

Anyway, last night I started to learn Zerg. I'm going to switch. I play so many 2v2s with my friend that I think we'd benefit from me switching races and it's a way to make the game feel new again. I guess I have a good 100 vs. AI matches in store for me in the coming days and then off to the ladder to see how it goes.

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
so playing zerg is like the new cool thing ;/
free wins bro

MrKnives

Why the hell do you people want to play Zerg. It's already 99% Zerg GO AWAY. With HotS I think we will finally breach 100%.
All of these Zergs make me want to play Terran

a176

Banned
MrKnives said:
Why the hell do you people want to play Zerg. It's already 99% Zerg GO AWAY. With HotS I think we will finally breach 100%.
All of these Zergs make me want to play Terran

blizzard taking out carrier makes me want to play protoss

for aiur

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is there anyway to jump around the map besides clicking on the mini map? Like, if I have an SCV hotkeyed and he's across the map, can I view him and his location with a button on the keyboard or do I have to click over?

MrKnives

Tashi0106 said:
Is there anyway to jump around the map besides clicking on the mini map? Like, if I have an SCV hotkeyed and he's across the map, can I view him and his location with a button on the keyboard or do I have to click over?

If he is hotkeyd just double click on the number he is hotkeyd.

nilbog21

Banned
Yoshichan said:

dark souls is pretty casual for sc2 players

also this thread, or variations of it, will be around for 5+ yrs while dark souls will be gone in a year

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
nilbog21 said:
well, i think i'm not getting it, but from what i see ~16 pool 16 gas 16 hatch take off gas after 100 and mass lingslol?
oh yea, thats one of the things tgun told me about. the idea is vs 14/14 baneling you will have speed out early and can keep your lings on the map constantly threatening the baneling player. since you have 2 hatch production there comes a point where baneling guy has to leave your lings on the map and go to attack you.

so you either delay 14/14 with lings in the middle of the map and win with 2 hatch equal tech.
or if 14/14 guy gets aggressive you just counter into his base between injects and win that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom