• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigAT said:
Better that than some awful map that Blizzard came up with. It seems like they're adding maps regardless, so I would prefer good ones.

Sorry, I thought the overkill of exclamations would have indicated my sarcasm better. Let me fix that :)

BigAT

Awesome Animals said:
Sorry, I thought the overkill of exclamations would have indicated my sarcasm better. Let me fix that :)
My apologies, there's too many real, stupid opinions in this thread for me to differentiate the sarcastic ones.

Holden

Trickster said:
1 control group syndrome huh? I got that too. I'm only in plat though.

Zerg army is alot faster then protoss army and if u cut ur army into 2, he'll just pick one army then the other alot easier. Or if you have your whole army together and push, he'll just bypass 20 lings like i said.

zlatko

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
Zerg army is alot faster then protoss army and if u cut ur army into 2, he'll just pick one army then the other alot easier. Or if you have your whole army together and push, he'll just bypass 20 lings like i said.

Leave 1 templar back at a base and build 3 cannons?

Trickster

Hugoboss21 said:

I know of the problem, I've watched enough ZvP to realize it, but it does feel like most protoss, even the pro level players, still tend to clumb up their protoss units into 1 big ball. It's always funny to see 10 zerglings or 6 mutas make the protoss player move their entire army over to deal with it.

zlatko said:

depends what templar unit you're talking about, DT yes, HT no.

Holden

zlatko said:

Zerg army is alot faster then protoss army and if u cut ur army into 2, he'll just pick one army then the other alot easier. Or if you have your whole army together and push, he'll just bypass w/ 20 cracklings.

fixed.

i give up, you guys are all zergs anyway.

Mairu

Hugoboss21 said:
fixed.

400px-Steppes_of_War.jpg

Here's a map fit for your awesome exciting big army vs big army battles

Vaporak

Hugoboss21 said:
fixed.

I find that if a zerg is trying a mobility based strategy with ling/bling/muta you either have to go all in before it gets off the ground, or play very defensively and take it to the lategame when you can get a lot of templar out.

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Someone buy my blizzcon avatar code thing from last year!

:p

I wish i was going again this year

Tell me more. I may want it depending on what the avatar is and your price.

Also, I saw you can buy a ticket to watch their stream of it and you'll get some goodies. Who else is going to do this and what usually do the goodies entail ?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
zlatko said:
Tell me more. I may want it depending on what the avatar is and your price.

Also, I saw you can buy a ticket to watch their stream of it and you'll get some goodies. Who else is going to do this and what usually do the goodies entail ?
You get a code to redeem going to blizzcon for a wow pet and a sc2 avatar.

Tntnnbltn

To change the voice pack of your SC2 version...

The easiest way to get a different Language
1. Go to your installation folder of StarCraft2 and create a random textfile in the versions folder.
2. Name the textfile according to the Language you like
enUS (English - US)
enGB (English - GB)
frFR (French)
deDE (German)
esES (Spanish - Spain)
esMX (Spanish - Mexico)
ruRU (Russian)
koKR (Korean)
zhCN (Chinese)
zhTW (Taiwanese)
plPL (Polish)
itIT (Italian)
ptBR (Portuguese)​

you can put as many as you like in the name of the textfile.

3. Then run the Repair.exe
4. Wait Repair.exe will download the needed files. The files for one language are around 1 GB. (After patches Repair.exe is needed to download the latest version keep in mind that korean versions may get patched a day or so later)

5. go to the Variables.txt (On Windows7 /Documents/StarCraftII/
6. change localeidassets to what you like (i.e. localeidassets=koKR)

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
ya should be that. its in a box somewhere in my garage.

I'll give you 9001 virtual internet respect points if you want to just toss me it. We can be the fish bro's of SC2 Gaf rocking our nerd baller avatars.

MrKnives

GOM is really putting an effort here. I just hope the finals will not be anything like previous GSL Finals. Every other big tournament (MLG, DH, HSCIII, NASL) had their great finals but GSL has yet to deliver.
I know it's not their fault, they can't control how the players play but the amount of "bad luck" they are having is getting ridiculous.

StopMakingSense said:
It's actually a bit unclear, but in the thread they seem to confirm it is indeed within Blizzcon.

On in their comments on their Facebook post about it they confirmed "This event will be within Blizzcon. It's not a separate event :)"
Oh, ok.

Dooraven

MrKnives said:
GOM is really putting an effort here. I just hope the finals will not be anything like previous GSL Finals. Every other big tournament (MLG, DH, HSCIII, NASL) had their great finals but GSL has yet to deliver.
I know it's not their fault, they can't control how the players play but the amount of "bad luck" they are having is getting ridiculous.

Won't change a thing, the gap between semis and finals gives way too much time for opponents to prepare for each other. If GomTV wants a good finals they need to make it that it'll be harder to prepare for each other and thus are forced to play the way they usually do.

Dooraven said:
Won't change a thing, the gap between semis and finals gives way too much time for opponents to prepare for each other. If GomTV wants a good finals they need to make it that it'll be harder to prepare for each other and thus are forced to play the way they usually do.
Funny thing Mr. Chea said the same thing

Although didn't the OSLs and MSLs had great finals ?

Give it time, sooner or later a good final is bound to happen.

MrKnives

Dooraven said:

But isn't it the same for both? It's not like one player gets the prep time and the other doesn't. Also if they both just play differently in aim to kill each others styles, won't it make them play differently and by that making the prep time useless.

I don't think it's the wait time that kills the finals. A lot of good finals has been with prep time and they have been wonderful (TSL3 comes to mind) It's just that the levels of the players are very different. Like last GSL Inca came to finals without really facing Zergs and when he had to face the king of Zerg, he just crumbled.

GSL needs to stop allowing players to choose who's in their groups. Some type of ranking system would help ensure for more even groups, and better games in later rounds. Having "groups of death" is cool and everything, but it ultimately hurts the tournament in the long run

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
PhoenixDark said:
GSL needs to stop allowing players to choose who's in their groups. Some type of ranking system would help ensure for more even groups, and better games in later rounds. Having "groups of death" is cool and everything, but it ultimately hurts the tournament in the long run
NOPE.
It's critical for the growth of the sport as it gives players personalities and fans imo.

BW group picks were always great and the SC II GSL picks are decent enough.

V_Arnold

Hazaro said:
NOPE.
It's critical for the growth of the sport as it gives players personalities and fans imo.

BW group picks were always great and the SC II GSL picks are decent enough.

I do not know about this. I think that you need to put this in perspective: it gives more personalities to players to have a CLOSE finals, rather than having each other eliminated on the first round, only to face a weaker player from a luckier path at the end ;)

Mairu

I imagine the finals will get better as the game develops and everybody just gets better at playing the game.

When it gets closer to Blizzcon I'll have to ask for assistance in making an awesome NeoGAF+_________(insert finalist here) cheerful to get printed out. I have no photoshop/artistic skills :(

jersoc

ffffuuuu. now I regret not trying to goto blizzcon again. But them raising the ticket price to 175 is pretty bullshit. I mean it's pretty neat and all, but waiting hours to play stuff freakin sucked.

Trickster

jersoc said:
ffffuuuu. now I regret not trying to goto blizzcon again. But them raising the ticket price to 175 is pretty bullshit. I mean it's pretty neat and all, but waiting hours to play stuff freakin sucked.

They probably raised the price a bit since the tickets has a habit of selling out within minutes after they go on sale. Supply and demand.

PhoenixDark said:
NO

This is one of the best thing about the GSL tbh and there's enough good players to make for interesting final, every once in a while a Rain or Inca will somehow make it through but most of the time it's two competent players at the final
(GSL July NesTea vs NaDa...BELIEVE)

TheThunder said:
NO

This is one of the best thing about the GSL tbh and there's enough good players to make for interesting final, every once in a while a Rain or Inca will somehow make it through but most of the time it's two competent players at the final
(GSL July NesTea vs NaDa...BELIEVE)

Oh well, well sounds like you guys are fine with lack luster finals afterall.

jersoc

Trickster said:
They probably raised the price a bit since the tickets has a habit of selling out within minutes after they go on sale. Supply and demand.

well obviously, doesn't mean it's not bullshit.

Just tried my first game against doing 15 hatch 14 pool per panda suggesting always FE. paid off well. Terran tried to sneaky making an expo not at his nat, too bad my OL was there and quickly ruined that plan. Had map control the game. victory ho!

Mairu

PhoenixDark said:
Oh well, well sounds like you guys are fine with lack luster finals afterall.
I disagree that the lackluster finals are due to the method of group selection. The "too much time" to prepare argument is much more worthwhile and sensible. It's not like MC, MVP, Nestea, Polt all ended up in the same group.

MrKnives

jersoc said:
well obviously, doesn't mean it's not bullshit.

Just tried my first game against doing 15 hatch 14 pool per panda suggesting always FE. paid off well. Terran tried to sneaky making an expo not at his nat, too bad my OL was there and quickly ruined that plan. Had map control the game. victory ho!

I don't even remember the last time I've done pool first vs Terran. Defending against 11/11 is very doable if you don't let them have the bunkers up.
Very fast BF or big numbers of normal hellions are the only thing giving me problems on some maps but that can be defended doing good simcity and spine placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom