• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
PhoenixDark said:
Oh well, well sounds like you guys are fine with lack luster finals afterall.
Doesn't really have anything to do with the group selection, even when you had MKP vs MVP, it was still one sided. There's plenty of players that are good enough to win the GSL and it's just unfortunate that the finals haven't been great so far.

jersoc

MrKnives said:
I don't even remember the last time I've done pool first vs Terran. Defending against 11/11 is very doable if you don't let them have the bunkers up.
Very fast BF or big numbers of normal hellions are the only thing giving me problems on some maps but that can be defended doing good simcity and spine placement.

well I'm sliver. I don't think I'll run into that much lol. The most cheese I get are from protoss doing a VR rush. Which given the tips last night hopefully won't succeed anymore.

when do you guys usually send a scout? I did 16. is that about right?

The picking system isn't bad at all, if it was done by rank there would still be groups of death when new guys Puma/MMA/DRG finally make it through or somone has a slump, and the top 8 from the previous season can't be matched against each other as they are the ones who get the first picks.

MrKnives

jersoc said:
well I'm sliver. I don't think I'll run into that much lol. The most cheese I get are from protoss doing a VR rush. Which given the tips last night hopefully won't succeed anymore.

when do you guys usually send a scout? I did 16. is that about right?

I guess it depends on what do you want to see but for me 16 sounds kinda late. I doubt that you can even enter his base with that scout.
For me I usually send the one that comes after my 9/10 overlord and I just rally him to Terrans base. In example on xelnaga you get to his base excactly when you are about to putt your hatch first so you still have options.
Usually I hatch first no matter what I see so my goal with the scout is just see if he has taken his gas or is it 11/11.
If he has gas it's pretty much guaranteed fast hellions. In most cases it's either gas hellions or just 2 rax. Even if I don't see the 2nd rax I usually prepare for it if I don't see the gas.
Terrans are kinda predictable early game.

jersoc

well it's hard to judge people this low of league too lol. I saw quick gas(he didn't wall off so yeah) and he got like 6 vikings...

but i'll keep that in mind too. thanks. scouting is my weak point. I have no idea what means what. outside of remembering things from just watching SC that is. Also I feel that i'm not aggressive enough too, probably as a result of the scouting. Last game I took map control pretty quick to help. I think i need to do what day9 said once. Just mass some units and attack and see what happens. if it doesn't work, adjust for next game and so on.

I try to delay my opponents expand as much as I can too.

jersoc

Pandaman said:
scout? thats one less drone to fast expand with.

scouting is for lings and ovies.

Yeah, i did it with my OL. it was on xel naga so didn't take long. I always have a ling or 2 peak at the ramp too.

I use to do 10 scout but found all I saw was the standard wall off so that never helped much.

I apperciate everyone's feedback. going for gold next season!

Dooraven

mescalineeyes said:
Are you the Michael Pachter of Zerg?

We'll you're either expecting a 2 rax, BFH/reactored helions or banshee. The problem is the number of units come out ie 2port banshee can wreck you if you're preparing against blue flame for example

cdyhybrid

The finals will consistently good once the game is developed enough that bads like Rain and Inca can't cheese their way to the finals.

twofold

I wish I found ZvT early game scouting easy. I struggle with that more than anything.

This TL post is pretty useful, I guess. Plenty of timings to memorise and learn. Fun!!!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=241199&currentpage=All

Dooraven said:
We'll you're either expecting a 2 rax, BFH/reactored helions or banshee. The problem is the number of units come out ie 2port banshee can wreck you if you're preparing against blue flame for example

The problem I found is that Terran players can do all sorts of dumb one base all ins that, if they catch you off guard, can finish you off.

For example, you run a ling up and see a ton of marines at the top of a ramp, you sacrifice an Overlord and see two factory, one with reactor, one with tech lab. What would you think it is? Blue flame expand, probably.

But then it turns out to be a marine/tank/hellion/scv all-in.

It's fucking annoying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tntnnbltn said:
To change the voice pack of your SC2 version...
Hmm, I thought you needed to change the whole client for it.

Tntnnbltn

Yoshichan said:
Hmm, I thought you needed to change the whole client for it.
Tried it myself and it worked. All audio in MP and SP is now in Korean. The SP cutscenes have also been changed to show korean text, etc instead of english.

The actual menus and interface itself though is still english, and it still connects to the usual SEA server without problems.

Dooraven said:

well exactly.

good thing zerg has really good scouting optio.... oh wait.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tntnnbltn said:
The actual menus and interface itself though is still english, and it still connects to the usual SEA server without problems.
Fuck! This is what I was worried about :( Oh well thanks anyway bro.

Yoshichan

Tntnnbltn said:
You wanted the text in Korean too?
Yeah. I have to do that long ass re-location crap that needs to be done every single time I patch the game ._.

Tntnnbltn

Yoshichan said:
Yeah. I have to do that long ass re-location crap that needs to be done every single time I patch the game ._.
If you change localeiddata=____ in the variables file then it will change the text interface, but it will also try to connect you to that regions servers instead of your own.

Raelson said:
I find the Mandarin voices cooler than the Korean, but that's just me.
I'm thinking of maybe getting german or something. That way when I hear 'something something mineralen' I know I need more minerals. :)

Yoshichan

Korean Sound pack worked great, thanks bro

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
korean zerg is best zerg
Korean toss man, korean toss

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well I just found my new wallpaper.

Full Size
1hp9il.png

Ikuu said:
Doesn't really have anything to do with the group selection, even when you had MKP vs MVP, it was still one sided. There's plenty of players that are good enough to win the GSL and it's just unfortunate that the finals haven't been great so far.

MKP constantly gets exposed as a one-dimensional player, so that's not a good example. If there was a 1-16 or 1-32 ranking system, things would be better. Also, cut the downtime between semis and finals.

Mairu

PhoenixDark said:
MKP constantly gets exposed as a one-dimensional player, so that's not a good example. If there was a 1-16 or 1-32 ranking system, things would be better. Also, cut the downtime between semis and finals.
Do you really think a ranking system is going to be better for producing better finals?

Every time a new player gets into Code S they'd be pit up against the top ranked players. You really want to see DongRaeGu vs Nestea or MMA vs MVP in ro32?

Deadly said:
I got teary at the end :(

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The GSL October finals are going to be at Blizzcon? Blargh, too bad there's no way to get a Blizzcon ticket legitimately or I'd attend for sure.

jasonng

Surely you can spread fear with your mod powers and threaten until someone gives you one. I don't have a blizzcon ticket anyways so I'm safe.

jasonng

Sc2 Gaf is a pretty tight-knitted group though. I don't think we would sell one of our own out of cowardice.
Yoshichan is your best bet. Just saying.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Keikaku said:
Starcraft had 11 years to get that good.
Starcraft 2 has had 1 year and it's already pretty awesome
But you can't watch Yellow manhandle Bisu. For like 2 minutes straight. (9:00)

V_Arnold

Hazaro, I honestly do not know why you feel threathened by SC1's awesomeness.
We get it, SC:BW is a classic here to stay, but you should let us celebrate that awesomeness that is SCII without bringing up SC:BW. Really :p

(But, if you wanna continue doing this, just ignore me :p)

Yoshichan

jasonng said:
Sc2 Gaf is a pretty tight-knitted group though. I don't think we would sell one of our own out of cowardice.
Yoshichan is your best bet. Just saying.
Try me :mad:

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom