• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmFreak

ksan said:
What?! AmFreak as in our AmFreak?

ninja edit: someone named AmFreak just lost to tyler
oh and two in a row tt

Ya it was our AmFreak - lol
Would have never thought it was him. At the beginning i even thought he was bad, cause i didn't see an expansion. If i didn't fuck up that Air defence, who knows what would have happened ^^.
The only thing that stood out to me, against other dm protoss was his storms.

ksan

AmFreak said:
Ya it was our AmFreak - lol
Would have never thought it was him. At the beginning i even thought he was bad, cause i didn't see an expansion. If i didn't fuck up that Air defence, who knows what would have happened ^^.
The only thing that stood out to me, against other dm protoss was his storms.
Haha, he was doing really weird builds every game, and at least you were pretty damn close to beating him. :p

Haunted

Jesus, will incontrol ever win a game again? Just tuned into NASL and he got roflstomped by Nightend in game 1. Then check his record and he's 0-5, 1-10.

I know EG will keep him around as a representative, but there comes a time when they have to seriously ask themselves whether it's worth letting him continue as a player.

zlatko

Banned
Haunted said:
Jesus, will incontrol ever win a game again? Just tuned into NASL and he got roflstomped by Nightend in game 1. Then check his record and he's 0-5, 1-10.

I know EG will keep him around as a representative, but there comes a time when they have to seriously ask themselves whether it's worth letting him continue as a player.

Aside from him being amusing on State of the Game he's pretty much worthless, unless you want to use replays of his games as a 'what not to do' guide for Protoss.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Haunted said:

Dude gets as much attention for EG as Idra and Huk. Might as well keep when your still funding players like machine/axslav/etc

Its not like he probably has a huge contract like the other on his team do.

Also whenever you play incontrol, just get detection and you stopped 75% of his game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
Dude gets as much attention for EG as Idra and Huk. Might as well keep when your still funding players like machine/axslav/etc

Its not like he probably has a huge contract like the other on his team do.
machine isn't axslav/incontrol tier.

there's still hope for machine.

Corran Horn

And....nightend is going to lose a game to incontrol due to no detection against incontrol's DTs. Seriously how do pros not know this about him.

Striek

Axslav has way more accomplishments than Machine, who for some reason isn't recognised to be as terrible as his results suggest.

Edit: In fact, one of Machines most notable accomplishments is getting knocked out of tournaments by Incontrol, lol.

Haunted

Corran Horn said:
What did he do? Watching the college game atm lol
4 gated, Nightend easily held it with a sentry and killed off most of the push. Then techs to Blink, moves out a couple minutes later and simply kills incontrol.

Corran Horn

Haunted said:
4 gated, Nightend easily held it with a sentry and killed off most of the push. Then techs to Blink, moves out a couple minutes later and simply kills incontrol.
DXIbO.gif

Haunted

Man, incontrol's TLPD is not pretty.

Should improve in the upcoming months though, when he mostly plays amateurs in the open brackets of MLG and showmatches against Desrow and other C-tier pros like himself.

edit: to be fair, he won a Bo7 showmatch recently!

against Minigun...

who was offracing as Zerg.

4-3.

gg Geoff.

Corran Horn

Haunted said:
Man, incontrol's TLPD is not pretty.

Should improve in the upcoming months though, when he mostly plays amateurs in the open brackets of MLG and showmatches against Desrow and other C-tier pros like himself.

edit: to be fair, he won a Bo7 showmatch recently!

against Minigun...

who was offracing as Zerg.

4-3.

gg Geoff.
Also Minigun had that won then choked away like a 100 food lead in game 6~ or so.

Trickster

Haunted said:

Was it tal'darim? Only excuse to 4 gate these days.

Trickster

Tashi0106 said:
You can't tell me all of those actions are meaningful.

They spam the same keys of course, so not every single key press is meaningful in that sense no. But someone with 200 apm is probably gonna beat someone with 100 apm, simply because he plays the game at a faster rate and is there for able to do more and be more on top of the game.

Haunted

Tashi0106 said:
Not all of those, certainly. While there's a certain basic speed needed to execute builds and react properly, there's also a lot of spamming going on with those 300 APM + people.

But there are moments in the game where being faster and being able to multitask better might give you that small advantage needed to edge out the win.

Notable progamers with low APM are Axslav and Sjow, who hover around ~90-100 APM. Also Goody at 70, but he wouldn't be the pro to look at to learn good mechanics. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea I guess I spam sometimes too. Like when I'm trying to build something and am waiting for those last few minerals to come in.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tashi0106 said:
Yea I guess I spam sometimes too. Like when I'm trying to build something and am waiting for those last few minerals to come in.
It also helps up your reaction time and gets you warmed up so to say to late game where you actually want 200 apm. Gets your mind set in that faster pace to react, etc.

Also long games are hard. One of the best BW matches too. Teams tied 3-3, ace match. Roughly a 52 minute SC II game (since 1.4x speed). SC II you can get away with 60apm for macro, BW you needed 200apm to macro since you had to click every building.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijf6RysNq9I&feature=player_detailpage#t=2194s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijf6RysNq9I&feature=player_detailpage#t=2314s

Keikaku

Tashi0106 said:
They're going through a tapping process where they spam the keys to build units, rally units, build production facilities and manage their armies.

The faster they can do all that, the better they can play the game hence the key spamming. As you play the game, your APM will also start to rise naturally.

Dooraven

Axlav's TLPD 173-168 (50.73%). It's not spectacular but it's definitley not incontrol/machine tier. Though Incontrol probably has more worth to EG than Axlav.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Keikaku said:
They're going through a tapping process where they spam the keys to build units, rally units, build production facilities and manage their armies.

The faster they can do all that, the better they can play the game hence the key spamming. As you play the game, your APM will also start to rise naturally.
Makes sense. And yea I have noticed it rising.

That actually raises a question, is there an APM monitor built into the UI that I can turn on?

And, can I select different types of buildings and add them to a single hotkey? Like if I wanted to quickly send marines and tanks to the same spot after creation somewhere in the middle of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom