• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Tashi0106 said:
Makes sense. And yea I have noticed it rising.

That actually raises a question, is there an APM monitor built into the UI that I can turn on?

And, can I select different types of buildings and add them to a single hotkey? Like if I wanted to quickly send marines and tanks to the same spot after creation somewhere in the middle of the map.

You can view current and average apm when watching replays of games by pressing the "m" key

Not while you're playing the game though.

as for adding building into hotkeys, yes you can, it works the same way as with units.

ctrl + number will add your selected units/building to that number.

You can however also add additional units/buildings into a pre-existing control group by pressing shift + number

utilizing the shift feature will make your overall management of units and buildings much, much easier to do.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh ok thanks

edit: Ahhhh shift is so clutch.

edit 2: So I just check a few of my replays and it turns out my APM is about 15-20 right now.

Haunted

Dooraven said:
Axlav's TLPD 173-168 (50.73%). It's not spectacular but it's definitley not incontrol/machine tier. Though Incontrol probably has more worth to EG than Axlav.
Axslav definitely doesn't belong on that bottom tier where incontrol, strifecro and lzgamer reside.

Machine... I dunno, he reminds me of Haypro. Can look really good at times, but mostly just loses games.

Striek

I opened 1 gate stargate against terran - which he scouted with a reaper - then expanded. I was going phoenixes. My opponent 3 raxed, pulled scvs, lost and called me a "cheesy fuck" and a "bad player". Phoenixes = cheese now?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Striek said:
I opened 1 gate stargate against terran - which he scouted with a reaper - then expanded. I was going phoenixes. My opponent 3 raxed, pulled scvs, lost and called me a "cheesy fuck" and a "bad player". Phoenixes = cheese now?

Beating some one = cheese

Q8D3vil

Striek said:
so you wanted to void ray all in so he scouted it and all in you ?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Does anyone know a good source for war3 information?

I'm trying to find out who's playing war3 at WCG this year, other than lyn and moon

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Striek said:
Sheth coined the term "macro cheese" as another of his backhanded 'manner' insults to players that beat him and the term spread like wildfire.

fanboi

Banned
The Swarm host will make Zerg less need to micro since you can drop some in opponents base, go back to macro meanwhile locus will spawn untill the host is killed, no need to micro em!

Sooo good.

I understand why Idra gets a lot of hate (much of it he may deserve) but i would love to see him back in code S. It was a lot of fun when he was around and it will certainly liven things up again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
preparing for DH! Let's gooooooooooo

Dooraven said:
Axlav's TLPD 173-168 (50.73%). It's not spectacular but it's definitley not incontrol/machine tier. Though Incontrol probably has more worth to EG than Axlav.

Probably? He's the team captain, and he's also a player-coach. His media savvy makes him an effective spokesman for the team as well; if esports gets a 60 Minutes piece, Geoff is probably going to be interviewed. His worth to the team is invaluable

I think it's clear he's not pro tournament level. He, like Tyler and Machine, stomp amateur masters players in tournaments but cannot compete with the best US or EU players

Aylinato

HolyCheck said:
Does anyone know a good source for war3 information?

I'm trying to find out who's playing war3 at WCG this year, other than lyn and moon
U changed ur avatar. Now u r required by SC2 code to come to gaf night

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
58vRA.png

owned

Keikaku

^^^ Lol

I really wish I was playing at all these days but I've come down with the worst cough/cold combo that I've ever had. It's been going on for about a month now and after 2 visits to the doctors I was told that, if they didn't up my meds, I could develop pneumonia (yay!)

I can't play for shit at the moment and having to go to the doctor twice cost me $140 dollars ($30 for copay for each of the visits, meds took the rest) so I can't get Moemoland his prize for the tourney either. At least not this month.

I really want to be well again T_T

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Let's say I wanted to fill up a bunch of Medivacs with a bunch of marines. Like, I have 30 marines chillin with 5 medivacs floating above. Is there a way to do that without filling each Medivac one by one?

edit: I like this TLO guy just because of the music he's playing

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tashi0106 said:
Let's say I wanted to fill up a bunch of Medivacs with a bunch of marines. Like, I have 30 marines chillin with 5 medivacs floating above. Is there a way to do that without filling each Medivac one by one?
Just mark all your marines and spam right click on every medivac :)

Yoshichan

Trickster said:
Wouldn't shift + right clicking each medivac, while having the marines selected be the way to do it?
Sure that works also, but if you missclick a medivac you'll have to wait for them to walk to that destination :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so... who would actually be interested in participating in an na vs eu event?
and for what side?

[warning, na gaf is only taking players ranked 3 phoenixdarks and up]

jasonng

I'll be part of team EU so I can hurt them from the inside.

EDIT: Oh snap, we're using PD as a word to gauge skill level now?

Whilst your working that out i'll get team SEA ready :D. Seriously though how feasible is it to get EU vs US happening? Do many players from either side have accounts in the others region? I guess there are quite a few EU players with US accounts.

At least with SEA we all have a US account.

Obviously i couldn't play but i'd love to watch it.

fanboi

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
Whilst your working that out i'll get team SEA ready :D. Seriously though how feasible is it to get EU vs US happening? Do many players from either side have accounts in the others region? I guess there are quite a few EU players with US accounts.

At least with SEA we all have a US account.

Obviously i couldn't play but i'd love to watch it.

I have an NA account that I will lend out to EU players.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Trickster said:
Protoss just magically attracts all the bad players, it's the only answer :p

For Aiur!
275 games.
how many of those games are played by trash like tyler, mc, incontrol, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom