• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Deny panda's greedy ass 2nd expo...get like a 50 food lead (100 to 50). Then proceed to lose the game.

Im like a gsl protoss.

Q8D3vil

you all better fucking watch bw proleague when it starts
sorry
not interested in watching something i don't play.
i might watch the grand final though if there was a huge hype behind it but thats it.

Jeff-DSA

So I went back to Terran for a ladder game and I got accused of BM for something totally routine. Game was on Abyssal Caverns and I was in the lead pretty heavily after my Hellions got into his main as he was trying to 4gate. Totally out of position I killed off most of his probes and held the 4gate at my main. I expanded and hit him again with Hellions just as he was finishing up his expansion. At this point I moved my main army out and started heading to his base. This prompted him use a Warp Prism and bring in a Zealots into my main.

I decided to just base race him at this point since I had a much larger army and I was already hitting the pylons around his production. He just warped as many Zealots into my main as he could, no Stalkers. At that point I lifted my CC and started flying it to the other side of the map, where I was going to land it and rebuild my main if needed. I found his secret third in the process and after wiping out his main and natural he flipped out.

He started calling me BM for lifting in a base race. WHAT?! Since when has that not been ok to do? After the game ended he unleashes a foul string of curses and then ignores me. Cool, dude.

tl;rd, some dude got pissy because he warped in only Zealots in a base race and I lifted my CC and moved it.

Haunted

Jeff-DSA said:
So I went back to Terran for a ladder game and I got accused of BM for something totally routine. Game was on Abyssal Caverns and I was in the lead pretty heavily after my Hellions got into his main as he was trying to 4gate. Totally out of position I killed off most of his probes and held the 4gate at my main. I expanded and hit him again with Hellions just as he was finishing up his expansion. At this point I moved my main army out and started heading to his base. This prompted him use a Warp Prism and bring in a Zealots into my main.

I decided to just base race him at this point since I had a much larger army and I was already hitting the pylons around his production. He just warped as many Zealots into my main as he could, no Stalkers. At that point I lifted my CC and started flying it to the other side of the map, where I was going to land it and rebuild my main if needed. I found his secret third in the process and after wiping out his main and natural he flipped out.

He started calling me BM for lifting in a base race. WHAT?! Since when has that not been ok to do? After the game ended he unleashes a foul string of curses and then ignores me. Cool, dude.

tl;rd, some dude got pissy because he warped in only Zealots in a base race and I lifted my CC and moved it.
The only time lifting your buildings could be considered BM is when you know you have lost and are flying them to different corners of the map. Totally ok to use the mechanic under every other circumstance.

Jeff-DSA said:
HD BW is all that can get me to still watch BW matches these days.
I hadn't watched a BW game in a while and Youtubed a random MSL game from 2011. The image quality made me laugh out loud before closing the window.

Jeff-DSA said:
And he was a crybaby idiot, and you don't care what he said, because you aren't. THE END

Jeff-DSA

Haunted said:
I hadn't watched a BW game in a while and Youtubed a random MSL game from 2011. The image quality made me laugh out loud before closing the window.

It's like looking at pics of hot girls from the '80s. You remember thinking they were so hot back in the day, but now the poofed hair, the high waist clothes, and the much to heavy makeup kills it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.twitch.tv/boesthius = WCG
Happy vs Line game 2 is over now. Game 2 was very very good.
Haunted said:
The only time lifting your buildings could be considered BM is when you know you have lost and are flying them to different corners of the map. Totally ok to use the mechanic under every other circumstance.

What the fuck, go watch OSL Finals Jangbi vs Fantasy.

Keikaku

Saw this on Reddit, thought it was oddly endearing and decided to post it here on the slim, slim chance that it was our resident Mr. Knives that this was referencing.
So last weekend I was at a halloween party and saw a guy wearing a Protoss sweatshirt. I immediately ran over and said "Protoss! Starcraft! We're talking about this!" We had a fun chat, but damn it all if the alcohol didn't cloud my mind and I forgot his name. All I know is his handle. Knives, if you're out there, PM me. I was the Jack Skellington with whom you talked about starcraft.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Haunted said:
Sure, where's the HD link?
XLQGl.jpg

And fix your link

Haunted

No but seriously, is there a reason why the Kespa observers don't use the HD hack?

Speaking of hacks/mods, I wish more SC2 casters would use the stronger team colours mod Orb is using for the ESV weeklies. It still needs a bit of tweaking, but I really like how some of the units pop with it.

Hazaro said:
And fix your link
My link is perfectly fine, thankyouverymuch.

DjWheat streming, pretty fun and lots of swearing/hating on Toss! :p http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/djWHEAT

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yep its a staple of Artosis now. Ive seen it on blogs etc.

Everytime I see it I wince that I didnt shrink it a bit lol

Mairu

I don't really see the point to 11 casters at the NASL grand finals if they're doing it the same way they did last time (every match gets casted in order, no simultaneous matches happening)

They'll probably end up having Gretorp+____ cast the finals anyways

V_Arnold

BigAT said:

Oh god, a post from there:

I've still got my bets on the child Idra will father with a Swedish fan at Dreamhack two years from now. Thirty years later, Ivan Grackenson will ride forth from Scandanavia on the back of a mutalisk and avenge his father's losses during the Transition War.

In order to do this, he must first collect the ancestral Grackboard keyboard and defeat the current bearer of the sacred F4 key. Once he has these sacred relics, he will journey to Korea and there he will cheese those who cheesed his father.

It will be bloody justice, but it will be justice nonetheless.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Haunted

Mairu said:
I don't really see the point to 11 casters at the NASL grand finals if they're doing it the same way they did last time (every match gets casted in order, no simultaneous matches happening)

They'll probably end up having Gretorp+____ cast the finals anyways
So far only Gretorp and DjWheat are announced, no? I'm guessing Orb and Day9 will probably come as well... would make two acceptable teams.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
GUYS IM SLIGHTLY TIPSY AND JUST MOVED ONTO THE NEW BOTTLE OF BOURBON, DO I GO TO ASUS RAG TOURNEY NOW OR WATCH TEAM ARENA GSL FIRST OR SAVE THAT TIL AFTER ADVICE PLZ

HolyCheck

V_Arnold said:
"amazing" strat.

here comes another one!

selects already done this this tourney.. hmm

still.. can't wait for idra to get to korea and train up properly, he will be beastly again

V_Arnold said:
Select, you do not even dare to go macro against Idra, do you?

Bah.
I don't get this argument, Why should a player play to the strengths of his opponent instead of weaknesses ?

They are professionals and they don't owe it to anyone to play entertaining games.

HolyCheck

after the asus rog, should I watch the WCG matches? or just skip to the team arena?

TheThunder said:
I don't get this argument, Why should a player play to the strengths of his opponent instead of weaknesses ?

They are professionals and they don't owe it to anyone to play entertaining games.

THANK YOU.

keep that "he's not playing honourable!" shit on TL

Dooraven

Deadman said:
lol 20 supply behind after 7 minutes. yeah this is why he doesnt go for macro games

lol no. Terran is usually 20 supply behind Zerg when it's standard ling bling muta v marine tank. Protoss is usually around 50 supply behind when it's roach hydra v protoss. That's not usually a player problem. BUT Select obviously had some macro issues (he was floating 2k mins and 500 gas for quite a while)

But what screwed him there was not sieging up in the first engagement.

Dooraven

Deadman said:
idra vs bomber at mlg they both max at 14 minutes. select was 140 supply. it is a player problem.

Bomber went mass mass marines there.. not really the best game to use as an argument. I'm talking about standard marine tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom