• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
atleast it was the last post of that page, eh. :p

whes your showmatch vs incontrol?
the tagline could be: 'whoever wins... actually loses'

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
all right so I tried to sleep but this fucking thread kept me up.

And it's not even moving quickly.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
atleast it was the last post of that page, eh. :p

whes your showmatch vs incontrol?
the tagline could be: 'whoever wins... actually loses'
Pandaman said:
O8cok.jpg
Trollface.jpg.jpg

Dooraven

Ugh these casters are horrible.

Carrapace helps vs Storms? Wut?

Also seriously, Tails, you can't beat broodlord infestor without the archon toilet.

I kinda feel like Tails should have won that by targeting the Infestors with Colosuses, and feedbacking them with HTs. But then again that would have freed up the brood lords to destroy the Stalkers even faster probably. Hm

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
I kinda feel like Tails should have won that by targeting the Infestors with Colosuses, and feedbacking them with HTs. But then again that would have freed up the brood lords to destroy the Stalkers even faster probably. Hm
right at the start of stephs push tails had his ht's way out front hoping to catch steph being careless with his unit movement, lost a lot of ht's to broods because of that.

Pandaman said:
right at the start of stephs push tails had his ht's way out front hoping to catch steph being careless with his unit movement, lost a lot of ht's to broods because of that.

Ah, makes sense. I couldn't really see where the HTs were positioned.

Dooraven

Pandaman said:
?

his composition was proper and stephano didn't sneak anything.

It was proper eventually because he had dual robo to pump out immortals. He went blind stalker colossus which is countered by ultra infestor. The first encounter his army got destroyed and you can't recover really if a tech heavy protoss army gets destroyed.

Also, even with the stalker colossus combo it wouldn't have been too bad if he engaged in chokes, he decided to engage in the open because he didn't scout the attack coming.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
What happened on Meta, I saw last few seconds
forge first into cannonless nexus, so steph expanded to the gold and roach/ling allin'd.
Tails was doing that unsafe 2gate follow to forge expand and lost 5 zealots in the middle of the map and then you saw the rest.

kinda surprising how much he got off 1 gas.

Dooraven

Pandaman said:
forge first into cannonless nexus, so steph expanded to the gold and roach/ling allin'd.
Tails was doing that unsafe 2gate follow to forge expand and lost 5 zealots in the middle of the map and then you saw the rest.

Him beating Nestea has got to be a fluke, that was some of the most awful protoss play I've seen in months.

ksan

Ok, so tried to play four games on NA ladder.
First two were against toss players, I really don't have any feel for the matchup at all except the early third, then I kinda fell apart cause I had no gameplan.
Third game was a zvz, I could have won it if I didn't for some reason believe that one queen on the ramp would block lings and blings (I even had another one sitting there right by its side)
Fourth game was a ZvT, long game but still an easy win, I really think that I have the feel for that matchup still.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
another terran hate song, thats what the world need.
Come on, it's funny :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I have a question about barracks. I had an idea and I wanted to see if it could work. You know how in the start of a game normally you want to block off your ramp with a supply depot, barracks and then another supply depot. Usually you have to walk your SCV over to the spot at the top of the ramp and then build the barracks there. Can you instead, built your barracks right next to the minerals where the SCV doesn't have to travel far, and then once the barracks are complete, start training a marine, lift the barracks up and then drop it off at the top of the ramp while that marine is still training? You know what I'm trying to say? Because unless you're getting rushed very early that barracks is useless at the top of the ramp in the first couple of minutes. I figured you could build it near by to give the SCV those few extra seconds of mining rather than walking to the top of the ramp and then back again to keep mining. Would that work?

zlatko

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
I have a question about barracks. I had an idea and I wanted to see if it could work. You know how in the start of a game normally you want to block off your ramp with a supply depot, barracks and then another supply depot. Usually you have to walk your SCV over to the spot at the top of the ramp and then build the barracks there. Can you instead, built your barracks right next to the minerals where the SCV doesn't have to travel far, and then once the barracks are complete, start training a marine, lift the barracks up and then drop it off at the top of the ramp while that marine is still training? You know what I'm trying to say? Because unless you're getting rushed very early that barracks is useless at the top of the ramp in the first couple of minutes. I figured you could build it near by to give the SCV those few extra seconds of mining rather than walking to the top of the ramp and then back again to keep mining. Would that work?

When you lift off a building, any production you were doing is completely ceased, so when you land you have to start from scratch.

Yoshichan

no need to quote my "Broodlords = OP"-comment from that other site.

Yoshichan

Daaaaaaamn, being diamond in US must be fun :D

GLAAB.jpg

Striek

DT openings PvP are fucking ridiculously strong thanks to all the nerfs to 4gate Blizzard handed out + archon massive buff :lol

I am 100% currently with it. Beats any non-robo tech build obviously, but surprisingly beats master-level robo openings as well. If you see (and crush) a DT opening most players respond by either attacking immediately or by expanding. Either of which my zealot/archon followup destroys. I am honestly flabbergasted how good it is. I think the only thing that is terribly good against it is a ridiculously fast 4 gate. Which you can scout before you choose DT.

Dooraven

HolyCheck said:
Yep. IPL does many things right.

many.

This PPSL thing is currently shitting on their reputation atm. Why bother to host it in the Phillipines for an SEA event instead of Australia ><

Zzoram

Striek said:
DT openings PvP are fucking ridiculously strong thanks to all the nerfs to 4gate Blizzard handed out + archon massive buff :lol

I am 100% currently with it. Beats any non-robo tech build obviously, but surprisingly beats master-level robo openings as well. If you see (and crush) a DT opening most players respond by either attacking immediately or by expanding. Either of which my zealot/archon followup destroys. I am honestly flabbergasted how good it is. I think the only thing that is terribly good against it is a ridiculously fast 4 gate. Which you can scout before you choose DT.
Wouldn't DT counter it and lead to a base race?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Dooraven said:
This PPSL thing is currently shitting on their reputation atm. Why bother to host it in the Phillipines for an SEA event instead of Australia ><

They're not hosting it, they're just sponsors.

keep watching. the back up casters ^_________________^

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm looking at the tech tree in the game right now and if I'm reading this correctly, the only thing a Forge does is create photon cannons? Is that right?

zargle

Tashi0106 said:
I'm looking at the tech tree in the game right now and if I'm reading this correctly, the only thing a Forge does is create photon cannons? Is that right?

It also houses all of the upgrades for Protoss ground units.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Tashi0106 said:
Forge -> Ugrades/Cannons
Engineering Bay -> Upgrades/Missile Turrets
Evolutionary Chamber -> Upgrades/Spore Crawlers

Each of them do upgrades and some sort of defense building (which can be used offensively for protoss :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom