• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

fanboi said:
Holy shit, what is this?
Forged in God's very flames.

Do mine eyes tell me lies,
A new Elder Scrolls Game?

Time is nigh, I must fly,
Venture forth on my quest.

Goodbye Ma, goodbye Pa
And goodbye Girlfriend's breasts.

I'll be off Azeroth, catch you later Hyrule.
I'll be gone Albion, I'm no longer your fool.

Other crap filled the gap
While I waited to begin...

The adventure of my life
in the land of Skyrim!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

ksan

fucking doter 2, have three friends on the same tier of irl/doter friendship and only got two beta keys to give :(

life's hard

and no extra keys to holden ://

ultron87

ksan said:
fucking doter 2, have three friends on the same tier of irl/doter friendship and only got two beta keys to give :(

life's hard

and no extra keys to holden ://

Give them to GAF members so you don't destroy your real life friendships by being forced to choose.

Mairu

Haunted said:
incontrol not seeded!

^_^

21 Koreans (8 in CB, 13 in OB) and barely any Europeans, real shame. Naniwa, Sjow and Team Liquid, that's it.
All the Europeans are going to i44 it looks like. Probably a good decision since I imagine the end of MLG is just going to look like GSL Code S :p

Zzoram

I'm pumped to see ForGG in Code A Ro48 against Sage.

Sage is a pretty proven Protoss, one of the most notable up-and-comers during the era when Protoss was an endangered species. If ForGG beats him, it may lend credence to the thinking that the more current Broodwar A teams can really quickly adapt and dominate in SC2.

If ForGG loses, maybe the current top SC2 players don't have too much to worry about.

Zzoram said:

Sage is a pretty proven Protoss, one of the most notable up-and-comers during the era when Protoss was an endangered species. If ForGG beats him, it may lend credence to the thinking that the more current Broodwar A teams can really quickly adapt and dominate in SC2.

If ForGG loses, maybe the current top SC2 players don't have too much to worry about.

So if ForGG beats a decent Korean protoss, all SC2 players should be worried? Ok

Mairu

FXOBoss was on some show recently (Fuck Slasher maybe?) and he actually stated that ForGG has been playing SC2 for like 11 months or something, much longer than people were led to believe

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Zzoram said:

Your avatar disgusts me ;_;

Haunted

Mairu said:
FXOBoss was on some show recently (Fuck Slasher maybe?) and he actually stated that ForGG has been playing SC2 for like 11 months or something, much longer than people were led to believe
I thought that was common knowledge.

He has had multiple accounts in the Top 10 of the Korean ladder. He looked good in the two Korean weeklies I've seen him in, but nothing special or anything. Just good, solid Terran play.

HolyCheck

Mairu said:

Yes.

It's not like Yellow who'd not even touched it.. and then lost to the computer lololol god that was the best showmatch ever.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Any pro terran players with streams?

I've been trying to watch some Boxer videos from MLG Orlando. The guys a fuckin stud man. I saw do some micro shit that blew my mind.

HolyCheck

Corran Horn said:
pfft, tyler is streaming!

And I have to go to school ;;

NERRRRRRRRRD
Tashi0106 said:

I've been trying to watch some Boxer videos from MLG Orlando. The guys a fuckin stud man. I saw do some micro shit that blew my mind.

Not as many as the other races, but recently a lot of really good Korean terrans have started streaming, TSL Polt and TSL Alive are well worth watching. out side of the koreans i'm not too sure, strelok streams

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks I'll look those up.

Wanna hear some lolz from my last match?

The match starts, I'm terran, he's Zerg. My scout spots an early Zergling rush. I put up the last piece of my wall right away and am slamming the A button to make a marine. A few seconds before the marine pops out, the Zerglings show up. Marine did the job though and scared the away. Anyway, we're about 3-4 minutes in the match and things are going swimmingly. I'm researching stim and concussive shells while continuing to build marines and marauders. Right at that moment, I have to pee. Oh my god so bad. I start rocking in my seat back in forth like a little kid. I have to fucking go man!

I'm building, I'm building, stim finishes and around 7-8 minutes, I say fuck it. I'm gonna push. If it fails, I'll quit and go piss. If it succeeds, I'll just go piss. So now, I'm sprinting across the map with a group. I catch a few roaches on the way there and think, "nice, this should be easy in the base now" I push in, he's got some roaches and I'm stimming and fighting. All of this is happening while I'm basically jumping up and down in my seat, about to piss myself. I kill the roaches, kill the queen and the spine crawler and now I'm focused on the drones. I figured if I can kill them, game over, I can go piss. He moves his drones and I'm chasing them down. I manage to kill a few before his base shits out like like 6 roaches. They finish me off of course. I hit 4 (barracks) and slam A a few times and run to the fucking bathroom. What a great piss it was. Damn, felt great. Wash my hands and go back to the screen like 2 minutes later.

I get back and see that he wasn't attacking me, I had about 7-8 marines chilling and I had 2500 minerals saved up! :lol So I'm like what the fuck do I even build now? Alyanato says, "everything, build everything" Pshhhh no problem. Fuckin command centers, fuckin more barracks, engineering bay, tons of supply depots and some tanks. All the while, I'm still building a fuck ton of marines and marauders. I get about 25 guys and make a push. As I'm pushing, I'm in complete disbelief that he hasn't expanded to his natural yet. I couldn't believe it, what the fuck was this guy doing? I push in his base, he tries to burrow some fucking Roaches. Nah, not gonna happen. Stim destroys everything in seconds and he GG's out. So funny. So awesome...get shit on.

jasonng

Tashi0106 said:
Thanks I'll look those up.

Wanna hear some lolz from my last match?

The match starts, I'm terran, he's Zerg. My scout spots an early Zergling rush. I put up the last piece of my wall right away and am slamming the A button to make a marine. A few seconds before the marine pops out, the Zerglings show up. Marine did the job though and scared the away. Anyway, we're about 3-4 minutes in the match and things are going swimmingly. I'm researching stim and concussive shells while continuing to build marines and marauders. Right at that moment, I have to pee. Oh my god so bad. I start rocking in my seat back in forth like a little kid. I have to fucking go man!

I'm building, I'm building, stim finishes and around 7-8 minutes, I say fuck it. I'm gonna push. If it fails, I'll quit and go piss. If it succeeds, I'll just go piss. So now, I'm sprinting across the map with a group. I catch a few roaches on the way there and think, "nice, this should be easy in the base now" I push in, he's got some roaches and I'm stimming and fighting. All of this is happening while I'm basically jumping up and down in my seat, about to piss myself. I kill the roaches, kill the queen and the spine crawler and now I'm focused on the drones. I figured if I can kill them, game over, I can go piss. He moves his drones and I'm chasing them down. I manage to kill a few before his base shits out like like 6 roaches. They finish me off of course. I hit 4 (barracks) and slam A a few times and run to the fucking bathroom. What a great piss it was. Damn, felt great. Wash my hands and go back to the screen like 2 minutes later.

I get back and see that he wasn't attacking me, I had about 7-8 marines chilling and I had 2500 minerals saved up! :lol So I'm like what the fuck do I even build now? Alyanato says, "everything, build everything" Pshhhh no problem. Fuckin command centers, fuckin more barracks, engineering bay, tons of supply depots and some tanks. All the while, I'm still building a fuck ton of marines and marauders. I get about 25 guys and make a push. As I'm pushing, I'm in complete disbelief that he hasn't expanded to his natural yet. I couldn't believe it, what the fuck was this guy doing? I push in his base, he tries to burrow some fucking Roaches. Nah, not gonna happen. Stim destroys everything in seconds and he GG's out. So funny. So awesome...get shit on.

type on chat "pp"
pause game
take care of business
type "thanks, ready?" and wait for his response
resume game

?

Mairu

Tashi0106 said:

Taeja just started streaming recently, he's probably the best Terran streamer right now (Though last night he was playing random)

Jinro streams relatively often as well

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, that is fucking embarrassing! But what did he mean by (translated):

"Thanks for ruining the only time I've been streaming, I had no idea how it worked and had I would've never streamed if I had known that Facebook would show up. Oh well, I hope that I'll never have to do anything Swedish e-sport related again."

Does this mean he's not going to Dreamhack Winter because of this :(?

ksan

Yoshichan said:
Wow, that is fucking embarrassing! But what did he mean by (translated):

"Thanks for ruining the only time I've been streaming, I had no idea how it worked and had I would've never streamed if I had known that Facebook would show up. Oh well, I hope that I'll never have to do anything Swedish e-sport related again."

Does this mean he's not going to Dreamhack Winter because of this :(?
I think it's more about the community or the news-sites :p
I'm pretty damn sure that he'll still go to DH

ksan

Yoshi!!
http://barcraftsverige.se/2011/11/10/barcraft-turnering/
combined beer drinking + starcraft tournament?
Mairu said:
That seems really stupid to put up on a "news" site, but I don't really know what rakaka is (esports tabloid?)
Yep, I think they're pretty damn hilarious at times, but they also have quite a bit of good news and some amazing content from events.
This was just the usual tabloid stuff, they don't skip on reporting shit like this as long as it has something to do with esports.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ksan said:
Yoshi!!
http://barcraftsverige.se/2011/11/10/barcraft-turnering/
combined beer drinking + starcraft tournament?
Wooo, sounds fun as hell :)! But can you actually go there and not participate? I just want to show my Yoshi-stuff and meet cool people!

edit: It's in Stockholm right? Not that far away from where I live. Do you live in Stockholm?

ksan

Yoshichan said:
Wooo, sounds fun as hell :)! But can you actually go there and not participate? I just want to show my Yoshi-stuff and meet cool people!

edit: It's in Stockholm right? Not that far away from where I live. Do you live in Stockholm?
I'm pretty sure that you could go there without participating, and it's probably in Stockholm as those who are responsible for BarcraftSweden live here.
And ye, I live Stockholm!

Yoshichan

ksan said:
And ye, I live Stockholm!
Perfect, we going for dat meet-up before the event so that you could show me around things :D? I've not been in the capital city for quite some time now!

ksan

Yoshichan said:
Perfect, we going for dat meet-up before the event so that you could show me around things :D? I've not been in the capital city for quite some time now!
Haha :p
Ye, hope it works out, gonna be away for two weeks in January, so if it's not during those weeks.

Yoshichan

ksan said:
Haha :p
Ye, hope it works out, gonna be away for two weeks in January, so if it's not during those weeks.
Okay perfect, keep me updated ♥

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tashi0106 said:

MKP (used to have the ID BoxeR aka Fake Boxer) had some really impactful games vs Kyrix in GSL which defined marine splitting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW--EywOJTw

Russian Happy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGJP0BgvUPA

Stream wise a Master/GM Terran that will actually talk about what is going on on stream is best.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
Is all of SC2 GAF going to be lost in the coming weeks to Skyrim? :( Panda will be left to hold the fort with his pony army.
Not a chance, it'll be more SC2 than ever for me
until 18th, then I'm leaving you assholes to play some Skyward Sword!
:D

jasonng

Just bought Deux Ex. :(

I've been playing League of Legends too. I'm in the market for an external hard drive so I can back up what I can save from my mac so I can reformat it. Until then, I can't play sc2. Time spent away from it for a bit will do me good. I'm considering messing around with map making when I come back. Also, laddering. Actually want to do that too.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Not a chance, it'll be more SC2 than ever for me
until 18th, then I'm leaving you assholes to play some Skyward Sword!
:D

I've played just about every major release this year, but Skyward Sword is the one that I'll miss out on because I parted ways with my Wii long ago. I'll have to wait till Wii U next year to play it. Yay backwards compatibility. :p

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
I've played just about every major release this year, but Skyward Sword is the one that I'll miss out on because I parted ways with my Wii long ago. I'll have to wait till Wii U next year to play it. Yay backwards compatibility. :p
You're missing out on the clear GotY-winner, bro :(!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom