• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

Liquid Zenio wtf?

As far as I know, the TL;DR is that Zenio couldn't stand living in a team-house with 15+ people. He's much more comfortable when he is able to mass game from the comfort of his own home. Or something along those lines. So he left OGS and joined Liquid because Liquid would accommodate those desires and OGS wouldn't.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MC, HasuObs, TT1, DeMusliM, Killer and Clide have unfortunately for different reasons canceled their participation at DreamHack Winter 2011.
Oh fuck off.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
wow guys, i really didn't think neogaf stooped this low -_-

milkies is way cooler than any other random bitch he could easily get? angry nerds mad cuz they would get skull fucked by her ingame?
Have you read the stuff about her and how she fucked over moonglade, plus her other drama? Not many like her.

fatty

Alright guys, with being so busy at work I haven't had too much time to be on the forums and when it comes to gaming lately I'll jump on SC2 to do 3v3 and 4v4 laddering with friends but my 1v1 has suffered.

I'm trying to move out of platinum to diamond in zerg and wanted some help. Haven't been to TL in a while but before I do I wanted to get some advice from the GAF hivemind.

Basically I have been playing the Spanishiwa Ice Fisher build against T and P. My main problem is making sure I hold off an early push (bunkers and cannons at my natural before finishing is pretty hard to hold off) but I know what I did wrong most of the time in these situations. The main problem with Terran is trying to scout what they are doing since that choke is always walled off. I try to wait until my Lair is done (Lair before speedlings) to scout with an overseer but it seems like that is still too long to wait. Sometimes I decide to sacrifice an overlord and that's great if I see that early banshee build but sometimes I will see nothing with that overlord (because of building placement) and there's a waste of 100 minerals.

Protoss I feel a little better but if they (forge) fast expand at the same time I do I just feel that I'm then way behind. Getting that scouting information in time to see DT (just like banshees) is also difficult sometimes. When I see someone fast expand (or if they block my natural from starting and keep me blocked in my main) I try to switch to a nydus canal. Works great as long as it is not expected, but I get so behind when they see it coming and it's pretty much gg after that.

Against Zerg I go 14pool14gas and get speed and throw down a baneling nest as soon as possible. Scout with my first four zerglings and cancel/switch from a nest to a roach den if I see a roach den going up. But at this point things can get hectic. Either a race to mass zerglings/banelings or sometimes a roach rush. But my main problem is keeping my drones from getting knocked out by a lot of banelings while also focusing on attacking. Do most of you throw down a spine crawler just to be on the safe side?

I guess I'm wondering if you guys can point me to any early game tips and advice as a Zerg to look for?

After that first initial scout, how do you mainly get your intel from P/T (sac ovie, overseer, etc.)?

What standard openings do you use against Zerg and what types of things are helpful going against mass zergling/baneling openings?

What about the dreaded slow tank/marine push? I try to get my main army of zerglings outside my base so they are not blocked in while teching to broodlords but if I'm not able to stop Terran (with my zerglings) from adding on to his initial army then I'm screwed.

Overlord placement? For Zerg I always use the first one to scout closest base and then (if not there) to the midpoint between the other two so either base is easily accessible. This overlord then becomes my Overseer to scout later (or sacrificed if needed earlier). With the second I like to place in the travel path of the opposition's army instead of my natural. With P/T my second overlord goes straight to my nat. The next ones I keep on the outskirst of my base to watch for drops but I hesitate to get out too much because I don't want too many picked off by air units.

Map locations. Which maps on the ladder avoid spawning at the closest locations? I can save a lot of time by avoiding a position if possible.

Any advice/tips/guides for some of the smaller details would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help (I've missed this place). And if you can point to any helpful VODS or replays that would help immensely as well. Unfortunately the last four months have resulted in not being able to watch any VODs (for entertainment or learning) so seeing either category would be nice, esp. since I will have a nice long weekend to catch up on some SC2 watching.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I can never tell when it's about Kelly, some people seem to say it in complete seriousness.

All I know for sure is that she's not qualified to cast the GSL. Beyond that, whatever, relationship drama should not exactly be relevant to the e-sports scene.

Trickster

Is this relevant?
http://i.imgur.com/WlTyt.png

lol :p

I dont like her due to the fact she fucked over moonglade on the day of his first gsl match. It killed esports!

Just out of curiousity, what is the source on this? I see people talk about it all the time, but never heard of a source. I doubt it's moonglade that has said it since he seemed to get pretty pissed of at peoples comments about her during the whole FHM debacle.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just out of curiousity, what is the source on this? I see people talk about it all the time, but never heard of a source. I doubt it's moonglade that has said it since he seemed to get pretty pissed of at peoples comments about her during the whole FHM debacle.

It was just posted above. Tobi talked about it on a video.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
This Halo guy on F**** Slasher is hilarious.

Total dudebro.

Slasher on Counterstrike go: so we'll see who's better when you use your controllers, and we use our mice.
him: It's now about who's better with what, it's about who's better with the controller!

I really hope CSgo does get a nice pro scene, with a GOOD balance between controllers / mice (obv. with the m/kbord people doing better) but with the occasional maverick controller using team climbing the ranks and being godly.

No one should watch Slasher's shit.

Kelly Milkies smh. What she did to Moonglade was pure gutter rat shit. Multiple reports suggest she's a complete ass, and I'm glad no one in the US/EU SC2 community seems to be hiring her.

Mairu

No one should watch Slasher's shit.

Kelly Milkies smh. What she did to Moonglade was pure gutter rat shit. Multiple reports suggest she's a complete ass, and I'm glad no one in the US/EU SC2 community seems to be hiring her.

Slasher's show is really, really good. He covers pretty much all games that have anything to do with eSports and manages to bring on a wide variety of people as guests or co-hosts. He may have a dumb internet persona but his show is fucking fantastic. I'd say it's the best daily esports show out there but at this point it's the only daily esports show out there.

The Halo guy was dmaq

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Slasher's show is really, really good. He covers pretty much all games that have anything to do with eSports and manages to bring on a wide variety of people as guests or co-hosts. He may have a dumb internet persona but his show is fucking fantastic. I'd say it's the best daily esports show out there but at this point it's the only daily esports show out there.

The Halo guy was dmaq

This was the first time i'd watched it, and I actually enjoyed hearing about the other esports scenes, was nice to hear it trinkled about a heavy dose of sc2

I think Destiny is a complete idiot, but enjoy his stream (for the most part) and his opinions. But I just cannot stand Slasher at all. There are enough asshole/idiot commentators in real sports (ahem Skip Bayless), I don't need them in esports

Mairu

This was the first time i'd watched it, and I actually enjoyed hearing about the other esports scenes, was nice to hear it trinkled about a heavy dose of sc2

It's really good. He gets eSports people of all kinds on his show, from journalists to players to team managers.

I guess I can understand the Destiny comparison, though I actually like when he's on SotG... but he doesn't really do anything outside of play on his stream. Slasher's show is probably one of the best things to happen for eSports. Chobopeon is also a really good co-host.

Zzoram

I can't stand JP and djWheat because they have nasally nerd voices, the kind that are exaggerated and ridiculed in cartoonish nerd caricatures on television.

Gretorp is also horrible, his voice and the way he speaks causes me pain.

Pretty much everyone else is okay for me though. Husky has grown on me, Mr.Bitter still says a lot of stupid stuff but his voice is good, TotalBiscuit is the same, Wolf and Doa sound okay too, Moletrap is borderline but has gotten a bit better lately, PainUser is pretty good in both voice and knowledge, Day9 is good when he's not screaming constantly, Tasteless and Artosis are probably my favorite combo, Rotterdam and Apollo also have sexy voices, and hearing actual well performing pros cast is always a treat.

I watch SotG and ItG but try to block out JP and djWheat. They contribute nothing anyways, they just ask questions then say some stupid things or hate on Broodwar when it gets brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom