• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

What is so special about Mr.Bitter? To him everything is "best play I've ever seen" or "best comeback I have ever witnessed"

I had no issues with MrBitter up until Leenock's games where he went batshit crazy and just spouted OH MY GOD or UNBELIEVABLE like he was on Oprah or something. That and he showed he obviously doesn't watch GSL ever :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
What is so special about Mr.Bitter? To him everything is "best play I've ever seen" or "best comeback I have ever witnessed"
other than spending thousands of dollars out of pocket to help zerg players during some of the worst periods of imba, casting the one tolerable week of nasl, hosting tournaments and providing free coaching while generally being an open and passionate player?

I'd say its because when he does go full-husky, its because he is actually that excited and not just using it as a crutch for when he has nothing to say. He gets very involved with the players and matchups he likes.

Dooraven

MrBitter is quite a good asset yep. Bitterdam is an awesome casting combo as well.

However, the person who has impressed me by far the most during these last few months is Husky, it's unbelievable how far he's grown during these MLGs. Also his plugging of sponsors is funny as hell lol.

MrKnives

other than spending thousands of dollars out of pocket to help zerg players during some of the worst periods of imba, casting the one tolerable week of nasl, hosting tournaments and providing free coaching while generally being an open and passionate player?

I'd say its because when he does go full-husky, its because he is actually that excited and not just using it as a crutch for when he has nothing to say. He gets very involved with the players and matchups he likes.

So he is a nice guy. Anything special about his commentary? What you find "actually excited" I find forced. Either that or he hasn't watch any SC2 matches or has a very short memory.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So he is a nice guy. Anything special about his commentary? What you find "actually excited" I find forced. Either that or he hasn't watch any SC2 matches or has a very short memory.
What do you expect me to say after we've established such a fundamental disagreement?

He's watched tons of sc2 matches, has a great memory and he doesn't force his casting. You're not even giving examples of things you disagreed with, we wont be making much progress telling each other that we're wrong.

V_Arnold

Wow, anything special about others commentary, while we are at it? His personality shows in his casts, and that is good :p

Q8D3vil

bitter is not a bad caster except "everyone is the best player " thing.
his 12 weeks with the pros for terrans was awesome while it lasted
fucking zerg get everything :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
bitter is not a bad caster except "everyone is the best player " thing.
his 12 weeks with the pros for terrans was awesome while it lasted
fucking zerg get everything :(
zerg players are just better people.
the swarm teaches you to put others before yourself. [as long as they are also zerg]

Bitter is great, Husky improved considerably, Apollo is the best.

The only thing I have a problem with is when Artosis casts games of players he's total fanboy of (NesTea, Naniwa, Sage... etc) and I swear it's gotten even more annoying. Seriously dude dial it back by like a 100 and you'd still be more ridiculous than any other caster out there, still one of the best in the business, especially when he doesn't cast his boys.

MrKnives

What do you expect me to say after we've established such a fundamental disagreement?

He's watched tons of sc2 matches, has a great memory and he doesn't force his casting. You're not even giving examples of things you disagreed with, we wont be making much progress telling each other that we're wrong.

One thing would be what Devil mentioned, everybody is the best player, every game is the best game he has seen and everything that ever happens in that game is the most amazing thing he has ever seen.

I'm not providing more specific examples because to me his whole casting is one huge example on why I don't like him so if we have watched the same commentaries and you don't see it. Explaining them would be pointless because you just wouldn't agree with me and that's fine. I have no real interest in make anyone to think like I do so I won't go to great lengths to explain why I feel like this.

I asked what is so special about him because I wanted to know why do people like him. Not to start a huge debate where I would lay down all the reasons I don't like him. So you don't have to say anything.
You like him and I don't, this doesn't have to be a huge issue.

Wow, anything special about others commentary, while we are at it? His personality shows in his casts, and that is good :p

I have no problem him showing his personality. It's just that I guess then I don't like his personality. I don't have to like everybody.
Moletrap and Gretorp also show their personality in their casts. Doesn't make them good

PS: fanboi u no msn?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
One thing would be what Devil mentioned, everybody is the best player, every game is the best game he has seen and everything that ever happens in that game is the most amazing thing he has ever seen.
these are figures of speech.

I'm not providing more specific examples because to me his whole casting is one huge example on why I don't like him so if we have watched the same commentaries and you don't see it. Explaining them would be pointless because you just wouldn't agree with me and that's fine. I have no real interest in make anyone to think like I do so I won't go to great lengths to explain why I feel like this.

I asked what is so special about him because I wanted to know why do people like him. Not to start a huge debate where I would lay down all the reasons I don't like him. So you don't have to say anything.
You like him and I don't, this doesn't have to be a huge issue.
Im confused why its okay to ask me to justify my opinion but when i ask the same of you, its 'pointless because you just wouldn't agree'. It actually seems like you're insulting me by insinuating that i could not be reasoned out of my position and thus you have no reason to try.

I have no problem him showing his personality. It's just that I guess then I don't like his personality. I don't have to like everybody.
To me listening to mr.bitter is like listening to moletrap and I don't even know how I would go about to change that.
So how was I supposed to answer your question satisfactorily?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
not in the mood for DH at all...

MrKnives

these are figures of speech.

Im confused why its okay to ask me to justify my opinion but when i ask the same of you, its 'pointless because you just wouldn't agree'. It actually seems like you're insulting me by insinuating that i could not be reasoned out of my position and thus you have no reason to try.

So how was I supposed to answer your question satisfactorily?

Well to me he looks like he is serious. If he is not he is doing a great job fooling me. I guess it's what some people feel when Artosis talks about Nestea, mr.bitter just talks like that about everyone.

I don't hate him and I don't dislike him enough to start arguing with anybody and try to make them feel like I do. If you enjoy his casting why should I even try to ruin that for you. So don't take that personally.

By telling me why you like him. If you have no interest in doing that because I'm not telling any specific points on why I dislike him (check 1st paragraph) that's fine too.

Keikaku

somethingsomething4gatesomethingsomthingwin
I only played PvZ's and I went for FFE into 4-5 Gate Zealots with 3 Stargate Phoenix and Void Ray.

Since I got the Stargates up right after the initial Gateway+Cyber I was able to hold off Mutas easy peasy. Feels good man.

Holden

LOL, are we really gonna start this shit again?

if your still mad -> send me an email.

And if you post anything related to this, i will ignore it

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn, you two...

Holden

its tomorow i believe. (NA timezone, LIKE ALWAYS)
LLShC.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the NA version of sc2 is on sale on the blizzard website for $29.99USD if any of eurogaf are still considering jumping over.

[$19.99 in canada for a disc version]

Yoshichan

I don't even want to think what is early teen angst music for Sweden.
I was never mainstream! I listened to the following bands (and I still listen to them!):

dir en grey
3VdjJ.jpg

X Japan
W9CSG.jpg

MUCC
Sn0G7.jpg

Sex Machineguns
rnHwI.jpg

Yoshichan

and you're willing to admit to this in public? brave man.
Hey I'm Yoshichan, my reputation can't possibly get any worse than this - so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom