• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Dear GOMTV.net users,

the 2011 Blizzard Cup will take place from December 12th until December 17th in Seoul and will include 10 of the best players of 2011.

As MLG Providence was concluded this weekend, we now have 6 of the 10 spots filled for this amazing tournament.

Here are the currently invited players:

40848.jpg

*IM_Mvp and IM_NesTea placed 1st and 2nd at BlizzCon but have already received seeds through other tournaments. A suitable replacement will be given the seed.

You may find the original announcement of the tournament and additional information here: http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=207912&cid=0&kind=8

Thank you.

GOMTV.net

Totally forgot all weekend that Providence was TWO spots, so that's awesome.

MLG was saying Naniwa gets a code S spot, I take it that means Code S + This?

I also like that they're giving the spots as they come. so likely Blizzcon will go to sen, as MVP and NesTea will be given their spots for GSL ranking, and who ever comes in 2nd place at WCG will get a spot. Clide will of course get the Dreamhack spot.

If MMA wins his game against Oz in the round of 8, he get's the third GSL spot, otherwise it goes to MC

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just beat some guy and he says, "I'm gonna have to agree with most Zerg/Toss players. Rines are OP :/"

I didn't respond. What I wanted to say was, well you shouldn't have had such a shitty mix for an army. Guy was building blue flame hellions like they were going out of style. He seriously had like 12 of them. He had about 5 siege tanks, 6 medivacs, 3 thors, 20 marines or some shit and a few marauders. Yea, I had 2 siege tanks, 4 medivacs and the rest of my army was composed of 90% marines and the rest marauders. I destroyed his army in about 5 seconds. God, guy lost because he didn't build a solid army and because he didn't use his siege tanks effectively. Each time we battled, I caught his siege tanks off guard in the siege animation. Guess what bro? Against like 80 marines, those fuckin tanks are going down instantly. Get shit on.

edit: I also had them level 3 upgrade for attack and level 2 for shield. Also, had plating on my medivacs

I just beat some guy and he says, "I'm gonna have to agree with most Zerg/Toss players. Rines are OP :/"

I didn't respond. What I wanted to say was, well you shouldn't have had such a shitty mix for an army. Guy was building blue flame hellions like they were going out of style. He seriously had like 12 of them. He had about 5 siege tanks, 6 medivacs, 3 thors, 20 marines or some shit and a few marauders. Yea, I had 2 siege tanks, 4 medivacs and the rest of my army was composed of 90% marines and the rest marauders. I destroyed his army in about 5 seconds. God, guy lost because he didn't build a solid army and because he didn't use his siege tanks effectively. Each time we battled, I caught his siege tanks off guard in the siege animation. Guess what bro? Against like 80 marines, those fuckin tanks are going down instantly. Get shit on.

edit: I also had them level 3 upgrade for attack and level 2 for shield. Also, had plating on my medivacs

Yeah when i've been using terran lately against zerg i go almost purely marines and i cop a lot of flak for it. Patrol splitting your marines is so effective and i think a lot of zergs get pissed off watching their banelings be so ineffective against my marines.

Having said that though you do need to be careful with marines against blue flame hellions and siege tanks as they can evaporate pretty quickly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Good job. Engagements and positioning is what really matters TvT.
If you never attacked when he was vulnerable then tanks are imbalanced and nothing can kill them. If you toss in some marauders it helps buffer vs Hellions and makes it much easier to punish tank misteps, thors, and expansions.

That said, ship plating vs his (Assumed) non upgraded marines and thor shots? Not a big deal vs. investment, but if you got like +2 ship armor then you have might something going on, but usually you are so gas strapped you don't sink things into upgrades that really don't play out. Stimmed marines are faster than medivacs and vikings can chase. Thors don't really kill armored either.

Bio vs mech you want to be up a base, limit your gas income to upgrades/medivac/vikings, and use your vikings and scans and stimmed marine (1) to scout around when he is out of position to counter his third (delay this as much as possible) and drop the main to sniper factories / tech labs.

Really though it is not letting the heavier tank based Terran gain a strong position and this is done through pressure, harassment, trading bio for tanks, and delay and denial of a third base.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Good job. Engagements and positioning is what really matters TvT.
If you never attacked when he was vulnerable then tanks are imbalanced and nothing can kill them. If you toss in some marauders it helps buffer vs Hellions and makes it much easier to punish tank misteps, thors, and expansions.

That said, ship plating vs his (Assumed) non upgraded marines and thor shots? Not a big deal vs. investment, but if you got like +2 ship armor then you have might something going on, but usually you are so gas strapped you don't sink things into upgrades that really don't play out. Stimmed marines are faster than medivacs and vikings can chase. Thors don't really kill armored either.

Bio vs mech you want to be up a base, limit your gas income to upgrades/medivac/vikings, and use your vikings and scans and stimmed marine (1) to scout around when he is out of position to counter his third (delay this as much as possible) and drop the main to sniper factories / tech labs.

Really though it is not letting the heavier tank based Terran gain a strong position and this is done through pressure, harassment, trading bio for tanks, and delay and denial of a third base.

I think I had level 2 ship plating. I wasn't really using gas for anything but upgrades and medivacs. I built 2 siege tanks the entire game at like 190 supply. I had control of all 4 of Xel' Naga towers and that really helped because I saw when his army pushed but I also spotted a stream of SCV's moving to an expansion.

That guy fucked up though, he had like 3 medivacs drop some tanks and marines at my 2 expansions that were going up simultaneously. That really made me nervous and I built some turrets and moved a fair amount of marines to the edge of my base because I thought for sure he was going to drop in my main. He didn't and I think he missed a pretty big opportunity to do some damage. I did build a few reapers to harass some of his workers too, I think that helped. I killed about 10.

Siege tanks if handled correctly are so strong. It's insane.

I have a question about the 3 barracks build. I got a refresher from Keikaku about the build and I feel now like I have a solid grasp of what to build and when to build it. For the most part at least. Right at the about the 7-8 minute mark, I'm finding myself having to make a big decision. I'm ready to make a push, stim is done, concussive is done and I have an army I'm comfortable with. I'm keeping up with the supply depots and am splitting the use of mules and scans. The problem is when I'm ready to push out, I have like 400-500 minerals. And I'm just not sure what to do. The first time it happened, which was today, I expanded to my natural as I pushed my army out. The game ended up going on for a pretty long time as that guy held my initial push back with a siege tank. I felt like it set me up pretty good and I was able to tack on some more barracks after that 2nd base went down.

In the 2nd match it happened today, I built an engineering bay and didn't expand right away. By the time I was ready to fight, I had like 700 minerals sitting there. I then thought maybe I should have built a factory or another barracks and then expanded right after. That match also went into late game but I was still able to amass a pretty decent sized army.

Not sure what to do in that instance.

edit: first match was against a silver too. I was pretty pumped to beat him down.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think I had level 2 ship plating. I wasn't really using gas for anything but upgrades and medivacs. I built 2 siege tanks the entire game at like 190 supply. I had control of all 4 of Xel' Naga towers and that really helped because I saw when his army pushed but I also spotted a stream of SCV's moving to an expansion.

That guy fucked up though, he had like 3 medivacs drop some tanks and marines at my 2 expansions that were going up simultaneously. That really made me nervous and I built some turrets and moved a fair amount of marines to the edge of my base because I thought for sure he was going to drop in my main. He didn't and I think he missed a pretty big opportunity to do some damage. I did build a few reapers to harass some of his workers too, I think that helped. I killed about 10.
Expand.

You stop adding gas if you have a largely bio force. 3 gas on 3 base is not uncommon. If you don't feel comfortable with an expand in the open, just build in in your main. All you need is mineral saturation and MULEs don't care about SCVs. You also want double engy bays so 4 gas is fine too. If you keep playing games and realize you end up with 1500 gas (not uncommon) then you want to figure out what is going on. When you add an armory for example, maybe then is when you want to add a 4th gas to support double upgrades and a surge in reactor medivac production.

Tanks help deny the other Terrans 3rd. If you are double expanding you should be attacking or defending heavily, but more importantly know why you can double expo and realize what they can do to punish it, then prepare against that. Sensor towers are you friend.

*And I believe bio openings off 2 base into marine tank or hellion tank off 3+base are in general what you want to do (depending on map). Bio loses effectiveness over time in general unless you are very ontop of many things, or keep a base advantage.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeah and you really helped things along by posting that picture without any context and just saying "lololeenock" . . .

If you don't want people to say stupid things, don't give them fuel.

I'm sure if it was the same picture with seltzer there wouldn't be comments like "so leenock spent his money on a whore ?"

Keikaku

I'm sure if it was the same picture with seltzer there wouldn't be comments like "so leenock spent his money on a whore ?"
I won't disagree with that comment but my previous point still stands.

You know (or should know) that most people on here don't like Kelly Milkies. What did you honestly expect to happen?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone got the bracket for Dreamhack Winter? It's in 3 days :eek:

MrKnives

last time I checked, the only tournament that actually matters is on every month.

True. I guess I was mostly talking about LAN events. Also is NASL actually still going on? I don't think I have watched or heard anything about it after the first Season. Wasn't even sure Season 2 ever started.

jasonng

I've talked to some of the organizers of the NYC Barcraft event last night. One of them is a Brony. I need a new hobby. Starcraft is dead to me.

MrKnives

I've talked to some of the organizers of the NYC Barcraft event last night. One of them is a Brony. I need a new hobby. Starcraft is dead to me.

A name typically given to the male viewers/fans (whether they are straight, gay, bisexual, etc.) of the My Little Pony show or franchise. They typically do not give in to the hype that males aren't allowed to enjoy things that may be intended for females.

Other spellings: Bronie
Plural spellings: Bronies
Female 1: Have you seen the My Little Pony cartoon?
Female 2: Yes! It's so cute and awesome!
Male 1: I've seen it as well.
Female 1: You're the coolest brony ever!

?

Come play Dota 2 with me

Zzoram

MVP technically won 2 spots already, most GSL points and also Blizzcon winner. He may WCG too for a 3rd spot.

I wonder how they'll give away his other 2 spots. Maybe they should just give him 3 chances in the Blizzard Cup lololol.

Don't hate! Skyrim gets what she wants, always.

Also, I got a dota 2 invite, played like 6 games, and then got Skyrim and there was no looking back.

/begs for sparingly used dota key somehow

That tournament was cray. I went to my local barcraft for it the first time, it was a pretty good hit! It was Cincinnati, in case anyone saw it on the stream for a moment :)

ultron87

/begs for sparingly used dota key somehow

That tournament was cray. I went to my local barcraft for it the first time, it was a pretty good hit! It was Cincinnati, in case anyone saw it on the stream for a moment :)

I only found out about the Barcraft in Cincy when there was like an hour left in the tourney. I'll have to keep a look out for the next one as I'd love to go.

nilbog21

Banned
wow guys, i really didn't think neogaf stooped this low -_-

milkies is way cooler than any other random bitch he could easily get? angry nerds mad cuz they would get skull fucked by her ingame?

btw I went to barcraft in KC (in westport) and it was PACKED. i talked to the host and he said they expected half a dozen people but like 40-50 people showed up, so next time they're gona find a bigger area. Tasteless would be so proud. i think most of the people who came were LoL players though :| and some kid was selling dota 2 keys for 60$ i thought about beating his ass ;b

@scoobs how was lee summit barcraft?

I love this multiquote stuff. WOO.

I only found out about the Barcraft in Cincy when there was like an hour left in the tourney. I'll have to keep a look out for the next one as I'd love to go.

Thats a shame man. It was at this place called the Fox and the Hound north of 275. Do you have facebook? If so hop on and search for "cincinnati barcraft" , its group you would probably like to be in. I think the next one might be in Clifton though, which you will love if you go to UC prolly.

All the barcrafts in norcal are in San Francisco:( need more up here.

:( Although good news for me since im about to go to san fran for the winter on a internship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom