• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
is it that hard to configuration a mouse nowaday? i just buy a 20$ mouse and make sure its setting is 6/11 ticks (which is default) on its settings and it seems perfect to me lol;

Yes. The Sensei has over 9 million different settings for specific situations and users.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
When you guys send a scout in a base, where specifically do you send him? Like, what route does he take in the opponents base?

Also, what are some good ways to make sure people aren't doing fishy stuff on the map like building pylons or barracks in "odd" places?

Holden

When you guys send a scout in a base, where specifically do you send him? Like, what route does he take in the opponents base?

Use only 1 worker
Depends on the map: some of the map have closer position:
-Send it to the closest position possible ( Meta/Temple/Shakuras: close by air )
-Send it to any of the 2 closest position ( Taldarim/Antiga/Crpyt: any of the closest to you, aka coin flip)

don't really know about abyssal caverns, the map seems to fit in the taldarim/antiga situation

Also, what are some good ways to make sure people aren't doing fishy stuff on the map like building pylons or barracks in "odd" places?
scouting , if you got unlucky in scouting his base with my worker. You need to pull an other worker and scout the possible location of cheese.

And if you got lucky in scouting his base early, just see if he has anything in his base or not, if not just scout, and don't over panic cause you'll end up getting capped and causing you to lose

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Scout the closest position to you and circle their entire base using shift move commands.

As for catching proxies, you need to either scout early or send an early unit to check the typical areas around your base. Preferably scout early so can be sure that they're cheesing.

So, I, uh, bought a second account.

-_-

To play either Terran or Protoss on
Not sure which, I really think heavy drop play is interesting, but also storms and forcefields are super cool too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I like you :D Buy more SC2 everyone!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I didn't get to post these since I was banned and whatnot but here are some shots from MLG Orlando.

(Early games, seats were plentiful but as time went on some jerks stole the seats that my buddies were saving >=|)
IbE3Ol.jpg

(Semifinals, there were a crazy amount of people watching)
uKQ6al.jpg

OMG it's boxer D: (It was absolutely surreal to be so close to these pro-players who I only used to see online. Turns out that they're actually very nice!)
5aiWgl.jpg

Awkward photo of my buddy
IH0x1l.jpg

My haul (I didn't realize that I messed up the orientation but I just decided to go with it)
qgx9Al.jpg

YBiAUl.jpg

My new pride and joy, all glass framed and looking amazing as ever.
8u3utl.jpg

Overall, I had an amazing time and am greatly looking forward to MLG Orlando 2012.

Yoshichan

I just heard that Foxer was hugging someone in the latest tournament he went to... anyone know who?

Yoshichan

ass :(

Seriously, who was it?!

edit: where can I watch screens from Dreamhack?

giri

ass :(

Seriously, who was it?!

edit: where can I watch screens from Dreamhack?

i think twitch.tv the official webcast people for dreamhack have most of the vods up. But not necessarily split, just like 1hour blocks.

Also, hero was amazing. I think i preferred his SF matches though over the finals.

Yoshichan

Sigh.

Thank you Sliver.

Yoshichan

Yeah... too bad my sign got stolen.

Why would someone even fucking do that? I had to tell Tastosis that my sign got stolen. Both of them said that they remembered my sign from day 1 though (and that it was awesome) so I'm happy anyway :)

jasonng

So I saw a girl today on the subway who had colored strips on her hair just like Twilight. I got upset because the only reason why I recognized the My Little Pony reference was because of Gaf. Fuck you guys. Fuck you guys for ruining my life.

Deadly

TeamLiquidnet TeamLiquid
Hyun (MBC game BW pro) joins TSL, Clide joins SlayerS, SangHo (Killer) and JYP leave TSL
TSL seems to be losing alot of players again... I don't follow BW, Hyun any good? Also another Terran joins SlayerS! How many does that make now?

Pancakes

Clide...on Slayers...I don't think my nerd heart can handle this kind of awesomeness.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So I saw a girl today on the subway who had colored strips on her hair just like Twilight. I got upset because the only reason why I recognized the My Little Pony reference was because of Gaf. Fuck you guys. Fuck you guys for ruining my life.
lPX3r.jpg

Sliver

Shitty for TSL. The coach is Coach Lee, the mild-mannered former MBC Game Hero coach seen on Hyung Joon Becomes a pro-gamer. He seemed so nice. I actually know a good friend of his and was told this news like 2-3 days ago. wasn't sure if it was legit but it obviously is.

Mairu

So TSL is over...

Slayers is hording too much good players, we need some regulations up in here gom.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=289674
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=956105&category=13438

In order to rebuild a strong team, the coach of TSL had no choice but to release his ace players, but his voice was still calm.

On the 28th, Coach Lee had a phone interview with the thisisgame.com and explained that “With current circumstances with the team, the players realized that they cannot win therefore the players and I had to make a hard decision.”

TSL already having experience with Seo "TricksteR" Ki Soo and Kim "FruitDealer" Won Ki leaving the team, the fans are already worried with the new news of the ace players leaving. But the coach still seemed calm.

The coach stated that “the decision was for the better good for both of us. We have talked over and over again and I needed to rebuild a team with the young players in order to have a chance at winning. Unfortunately such action will only hurt these three players. Therefore we had no choice but to end up with this decision.”

Coach Lee has also stated that the rest of the players love the new practice system and are blazing with the thirst for victory. According to the coach, at first, the new system was unstable with lots of doubts, but a lot of the members are continuing to work hard to make it hard.

Even though the farewell decision was for the better good of both the players and the team, TSL is still losing the ace players who have been leading the team since the beginning. Therefore we have asked the coach for a last message from the coach to the players: Killer, Clide, and JYP. “We have had a lot of serious talks for a while and everything we talked about was sincere. We will continue to support you guys and continue to show the fans how great you guys are. In particular, as much as he wanted to join the SlayerS team, I wish he does well in GSL.

In the hopes of improving the team, TSL has recruited Ko “Hyun” Seok Hyun who have been a progamer until with Starcraft Broodwar.

Coach has stated that "he was able to recruit Hyun because he knew him quite well before and his personality goes along well with our team. I know that he is a very enthusiastic player even when he was part of the MBC Game. Unfortunately, with the dispatching of the MBC Game, Hyun really wanted to join our team and this was a perfect timing for him to join since we are currently in the middle of rebuilding the team."

Also regarding the timing of when Hyun will be trying out for the GSL, Coach has stated that "he is still lacking in skills, but he will improve alot fast since he has joined our team. Our team has a lot of good Zerg players and Hyun has a great sense of decision making skills. I believe he will need about 3 months before attempting to play in the GSL. Personally, I hope to be able to get him to play in GSL by next season. "

Original Article

Thanks for reading!
Translated by Kevin
Original Article by MengDongWang
Sounds more like they're preparing for the transition when BW dies and trying to model themselves after a real (bw) team -- This is probably good news for TSL actually, even though I like JYP & Killer. Hope they find a good team

edit: added the translation from tl instead of just linking it as I recognize there's a lot of weirdos who don't want to go to there for news :p

Pancakes

One of us, one of us, one of us.

jygywl.jpg

Slayers is going to be dominating SC2 for a long time. Once the sponsors show up they're going to flock to teams with their foot in the door the most, and Slayers is that team (in Korea). Not surprised they partnered with EG

Slayers is going to be dominating SC2 for a long time. Once the sponsors show up they're going to flock to teams with their foot in the door the most, and Slayers is that team (in Korea). Not surprised they partnered with EG

Once sponsors show up, actual big teams that are owned (not sponsored) by big telecom/entertainment corporations (SKT, KT, CJ...etc) will show up and that wouldn't matter.

Slayers is still small fish compared to those guys.

Once sponsors show up, actual big teams that are owned (not sponsored) by big telecom/entertainment corporations (SKT, KT, CJ...etc) will show up and that wouldn't matter.

Slayers is still small fish compared to those guys.

None of those teams have shown any kind of interest or ability in engaging with SC2's internationally-based scene, though. The boat has basically sailed; "poaching" of Korean players by international sponsor-connected foreigner teams is just going to accelerate unless there's an almost unthinkably massive reversal of foreign spectator interest really quickly.

That is not to say that Korea's not going to remain the focal point (or at the very least the major one) as far as talent and training goes, but it's not where the money is by any means, and it won't ever be again.

None of those teams have shown any kind of interest or ability in engaging with SC2's internationally-based scene, though. The boat has basically sailed; "poaching" of Korean players by international sponsor-connected foreigner teams is just going to accelerate unless there's an almost unthinkably massive reversal of foreign spectator interest really quickly.

That is not to say that Korea's not going to remain the focal point (or at the very least the major one) as far as talent and training goes, but it's not where the money is by any means, and it won't ever be again.

SC2 is much more international than BW you are right, but my point is that current korean teams are all broke/can't pay salary while foreign teams have money, but once those teams switch, they'll be able to throw money around as well and that's my whole point.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
sC's pneumothorax relapsed again :/

After spending a month recovering from pneumothorax and stomping his way back up to Code S, MVPsC's condition has relapsed again =(
He wrote a series of tweets that are translated below
Relapsed again... I'm going crazy
I couldn't feel it but they say it relapsed a while ago
Ah... Why is it always me...
Ah I have to just lie around again ..
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/mrqch/mvpscs_pneumothorax_relapses/

MrKnives

I like the idea of Clide being on SlayerS. Maybe Boxer and MMA can finally push him to be the Terran Tastosis always wanted him to be.

People after people leaving TSL does kinda makes you wonder what's wrong with that team.

Rather than research it myself, I'm just going to ask; who won Dreamhack?

I've more or less been internet silent for six days. Also, Yoshi, can you direct me to some pictures of your sign? I'm curious.

And ShallNoiseUpon, you should be ashamed of yourself
good for you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom