• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooraven

Mairu said:
They already have the SC2 Player Association, but all they seem to do is stop Koreans from streaming.

They don't even do that since Rainbow, San, and Hwangsin (before he got signed by Gosu ), Slayers_Dragon etc all stream regurally,

Mairu

Dooraven said:
They don't even do that since Rainbow, San, and Hwangsin (before he got signed by Gosu ), Slayers_Dragon etc all stream regurally,
Okay, suggest that Koreans don't stream, not stop :p

Q8D3vil

Mairu said:
They are no worse than any other NA based team
col reached the final of eg master cup ( they played against a lot of good teams to reach the final).

other than the tilting idra eg have no other good player.
incontrol is a joke.
lzgamer is useless.
machine try his best and blame it on his race when he lose.
strifecro and axlav are suppose to be the known 2v2 players in na and they got raped in every 2v2 series.
demuslim was good but the metagame shifted a lot when his injury happened.

bottom line, EG is desperate an need players that can win huge tournaments

Mairu

Q8D3vil said:
col reached the final of eg master cup ( they played against a lot of good teams to reach the final).

incontrol is a joke.
lzgamer is useless.
machine try his best and blame it on his race when he lose.
strifecro and axlav are suppose to be the known 2v2 players in na and they got raped in every 2v2 series.

Oh please, they may have performed well in the playoffs but they bought their way into it

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:

incontrol is a joke.
lzgamer is useless.
machine try his best and blame it on his race when he lose.strifecro and axlav are suppose to be the known 2v2 players in na and they got raped in every 2v2 series.

I have never seen him whine about his race, at least as an excuse. I don't follow him that much though.
At least this Puma thing can help Demuslim and IdrA. Maybe he will get motivated and actually starts practicing more than 3h

Deadman

Its funny how this happened a few hours after sirscoots was on live on 3 talking about sk/fnatic and their player "stealing" drama. His opinion on the matter was consistent with how EG acquired Puma: the issue is between the player and his old team, the new team is nothing to do with it.

MrKnives

http://www.playxp.com/sc2/news/view.php?article_id=3209931

Rough Translation summary (not my translation, took from TL)

Korean SCII scene is becoming "farm" for foreign team

1. As of now, there is no contract between players and teams.
2. Infrastructure needs to be setup ASAP to prevent moves like this possible.
3. current SCII organization is not doing much.
4. Foreign SCII scene is becoming huge and Korean SCII scene needs to grow

I wonder if this will encourage Kespa style organizations to form in korea.

Holden

MrKnives said:

that will never happen as long as BW scene is still alive, and i hope it doesn't die.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i for one hope korea stays disorganized. im much happier with koreans coming here to na teams to steal catZ's money then to have korean teams just randomly show up for events and then go home.

Mairu

I hope the scene goes completely international and any organization created in Korea to manage players & teams includes EU & NA teams.

A MAN CAN DREAM.

Tntnnbltn

Yoshichan said:
hmm, the hell's going on?

qUrh9.jpg
I am getting this too. :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tntnnbltn said:
I am getting this too. :(
do you use the relocalizer tool?
if yes, run relocalizer.bat and pick option 3.
run repair tool.
the repair tool will tell you what locals are installed.
delete your non default local.

for example: i have enUS/enGB installed.
i go to the base starcraft folder and search "enGB" and delete every file that pops up.
blam: your starcraft works again.

now just wait for a 1.3.5 compatible relocalizer patch

MrKnives said:

Pretty sure something will come up now, maybe not as crazy as kespa, but probably something that will organize the team/player relationship and prevent something like this from happening in the future.

V_Arnold

But why preventing it? If you want your player, just get him under a proper and legally binding contract. Or should sweden players "organize" something to prevent good sweden players getting "stolen" by NA/EU*/KR teams? Hell no, this is an international scene :p

Koreans should have more incentive to get into SCII. GSL is awesome, but it is the most competitive and the least rewarding (for short term) out there, if you are THE winner, you are awesome, or if you are top4, but koreans need to start regularly doing a 2-day championship each month, with a moderately huge prize pool, so everyone has a chance through simple double/single elimination.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning GAF!

I solved the

qUrh9.jpg

problem by just changing the koKR back to enGB and repair :)

V_Arnold said:
But why preventing it? If you want your player, just get him under a proper and legally binding contract. Or should sweden players "organize" something to prevent good sweden players getting "stolen" by NA/EU*/KR teams? Hell no, this is an international scene :p
That's what I'm getting at.

Don't want to lose your aces ? put that shit in writing.

MrKnives

TheThunder said:
That's what I'm getting at.

Don't want to lose your aces ? put that shit in writing.

I'm surprised they already weren't :eek: Even Scoots have said multiple times their players are under a legally binding contract.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
EG so desperate for good players they're signing Koreans not even good enough to make the GSL.

Mairu

Ikuu said:
EG so desperate for good players they're signing Koreans not even good enough to make the GSL.
Yeah those koreans not even good enough to make GSL like DongRaeGu, they're terrible!

Q8D3vil

if there is not contract then the players can do whatever the hell they want.

MrKnives said:
I have never seen him whine about his race, at least as an excuse. I don't follow him that much though.
At least this Puma thing can help Demuslim and IdrA. Maybe he will get motivated and actually starts practicing more than 3h
he whined recently about zerg 200 supply army being cost inefficient.

i agree that eg is desperate, but there is a lot of code S material players in code b (drg and MMA come to mind).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hahahahaha I'd pay 400 minerals 400 gas for that upgrade

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
yeah right..............
you have to recognize problems before you can address them. destiny idnt go infestor endgame because he thought roach/hydra was fine. toss didnt figure out 3gate expands because forge first was universally safe, terrans dont do harass if they dont have a problem playing passive, etc, etc.

complaining is not whining.

Good for EG. I wonder if Puma is going to stay in Korea or move into the team house in America. Since he's not in Code S he wouldn't really be losing anything if he did.

Haunted

great move for EG. they were in dire need of another top player in addition to idra. don't have a problem with them approaching players directly. despicable my ass

TSL is just sour their players are leaving for greener pastures. As long as they've got Cliiiiide there's nothing to worry about anyway.

ksan

Awesome Animals said:
Thanks for playing with us last night ksan! It seemed to me that the latency from Sweden wasn't that bad. Hope you show up for more GAF nights!
Haha, it was awesome, I'll try to join up again asap!
And ye, the latency is pretty good actually, I mean I made it to master league without the lag hindering me :p

Yoshichan

I'm glad you guys had fun :)

Yoshichan

Give me some time, friend :(

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
he will never join anyway, he always reject our invites in eu when used to play custom there.
OUR invites? What do you mean OUR invites? YOUR invites would be the correct word here...

Madrical

Banned
My RAT9 just died as my observer saw a big push from the Terran I was up against. Fastest battery reload I've ever done. Phew! Managed to win, 3gate robo has got me my first win streak of 3. Not bad since I've only won 10 games! :p

I fracking love this game to death, but I think I'm better off just watching it as a spectator than playing it (other than custom games) because it's just too stressful for me! My hands were shaking as our groups collided, even though I was confident since at that point he only just had an expansion up and running and I had an early expansion + a third one on it's way. Chargelots + collosi ripped up his mm ball while the immortals took care of his siege tanks. :D Ahh I still love this game, winning feels great!

Yoshichan

Just did a ladder game and got to play against a masters zerg.

Mass marauders against mass zerglings on 2 base.

Win.

Boss.

jasonng

Lost my internet since monday and my first thought was "well fuck, I'm going to miss Gaf Night." This is before thinking about paying off my credit card bills, finalizing my classes in the fall, looking for a new job, etc. And now that I'm back I only have one question: Did they nerf protoss and terran to shit yet?

Q8D3vil

jasonng said:
Lost my internet since monday and my first thought was "well fuck, I'm going to miss Gaf Night." This is before thinking about paying off my credit card bills, finalizing my classes in the fall, looking for a new job, etc. And now that I'm back I only have one question: Did they nerf protoss and Zerg to shit yet?
no they didn't.
but i'm expecting an infestor nerf in the near future and removing hts from the game.

edit: damn choya is streaming, no wonder i've been getting shitton of dt rush today.

Tntnnbltn

Won 2/2 PvP's tonight :D

First game: Scouted 2 gate zealots, countered with my own, held off his push and teched to warp gates. Forced my way up his ramp and won.

Second game: Four gated into his 3 gate robo and won. :D

Elcheris

Neo Member
Alright as of tommorrow night im going hardcore back into starcraft. There is a 10,000$ tournament in my region in a couple of weeks and I am going to train my ass off so I can lose in style. Think I can learn terran good enough in that time or just stick to my savvy swarm?

Elcheris said:
Alright as of tommorrow night im going hardcore back into starcraft. There is a 10,000$ tournament in my region in a couple of weeks and I am going to train my ass off so I can lose in style. Think I can learn terran good enough in that time or just stick to my savvy swarm?

Switching race 2 weeks before a major tournament? Awesome.

Elcheris said:

Switch to Toss

Holden

Depends, How do u want to play the game?

1At

or...

1affffffffffffffff

or...

1affffffff(ttttt) if you can micro well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom