• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Jeff-DSA

Stay as Zerg and lose to a Protoss player.
Switch to Protoss and lose to a Terran.
Switch to Terran and lose to a Zerg.

Your choice. It depends on what race you want to whine about later.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
blaaaaaargh, what's the name of that toss dude that kinda came from nowhere and dominated in the GSL maybe two weeks ago? He contained a terran with like 2 gate stargate pressure and amazing forcefields?

Yoshichan said:
blaaaaaargh, what's the name of that toss dude that kinda came from nowhere and dominated in the GSL maybe two weeks ago? He contained a terran with like 2 gate stargate pressure and amazing forcefields?

Sage?

Yoshichan

YES! Thank you sir

Q8D3vil

Jeff-DSA said:
Stay as Zerg and lose to a Protoss player.
Switch to Protoss and lose to a Terran.
Switch to Terran and lose to a Zerg.

Your choice. It depends on what race you want to whine about later.
lolz

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
YES! Thank you sir

It was in the GSTL though, not GSL.

Q8D3vil said:

My Terran sucks really, played a game against Masters Protoss yesterday and won easily. IMBA IMBA.

But seriously. Wouldn't you agree that the game is pretty balanced, not 100% but pretty ok.

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
But seriously. Wouldn't you agree that the game is pretty balanced, not 100% but pretty ok.
Bronze: Balanced
Silver: Unbalanced
Gold: Unbalanced
Platinum: Unbalanced
Diamond: Unbalanced
Master: Unbalanced
GSL: Balanced

Jeff-DSA

Q8D3vil said:

It's pretty balanced, but if you're Platinum or lower, you can turtle until they attack, EMP the snot out of their army, roll it, and move into their bases. Unless they're good at getting feedbacks off on your Ghosts, EMP is just absolutely deadly.

I've seen my Protoss opponents rage quite against me right after their 200/200 army gets hit with about 10 EMPs and they all melt soon after. They don't even wait for the counter.

You know what else is really mean? Putting units on the towers and if they don't come snipe you with a couple of units first, you have a Ghost just behind the towers ready to move up and EMP their ball as they move out towards your base. Half the time they turn back to let shields recharge and you can move forward and take more map control.

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
Bronze: Balanced
Silver: Unbalanced
Gold: Unbalanced
Platinum: Unbalanced
Diamond: Unbalanced
Master: Unbalanced
GSL: Balanced

I'm actually completely ok with this. But I'm curious why you think so?

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
I'm actually completely ok with this. But I'm curious why you think so?
I don't even know, so I fail instantly :/ I just kinda feel that bronze = no idea what they're doing, hence all races are balanced. But as soon as people starts to get different kinds of rushes, zerg 6/7 pools and cannon rushes all of a sudden becomes ridiculously good until you reach like platinum.

At platinum/diamond, I feel that a terran can't pressure the zerg enough to do major economical damage so the zerg will mass up and end up attack clicking with zerglings and banelings... there'll be no splitting made by the terran at this level of play :/

Jeff-DSA

Yoshichan said:
I don't even know, so I fail instantly :/ I just kinda feel that bronze = no idea what they're doing, hence all races are balanced. But as soon as people starts to get different kinds of rushes, zerg 6/7 pools and cannon rushes all of a sudden becomes ridiculously good until you reach like platinum.

At platinum/diamond, I feel that a terran can't pressure the zerg enough to do major economical damage so the zerg will mass up and end up attack clicking with zerglings and banelings... there'll be no splitting made by the terran at this level of play :/

Even in Code S they rarely split well enough to avoid getting crushed by Banelings. Muta/Ling/Bling is really stupid to watch, but I think Infestor/Brood Lord could be worse.

MrKnives

Jeff-DSA said:
Even in Code S they rarely split well enough to avoid getting crushed by Banelings. Muta/Ling/Bling is really stupid to watch, but I think Infestor/Brood Lord could be worse.

I think it says a lot about the balance that now people are whining about all three races. Not just against T and P.

Jeff-DSA

MrKnives said:
I think it says a lot about the balance that now people are whining about all three races. Not just against T and P.

I think the only good matchup right now is TvP. Zerg is too strong for Terran these days and Protoss is too strong for Zerg. All the mirror matches are just a bit dumb, Protoss most of all, but it's impossible to cry imbalance there.

fanboi

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
I think the only good matchup right now is TvP. Zerg is too strong for Terran these days and Protoss is too strong for Zerg. All the mirror matches are just a bit dumb, Protoss most of all, but it's impossible to cry imbalance there.

The funny thinh here is that not so long ago Zergs where crying about T is impossible... not its to easy...

Q8D3vil

Jeff-DSA said:
It's pretty balanced, but if you're Platinum or lower, you can turtle until they attack, EMP the snot out of their army, roll it, and move into their bases. Unless they're good at getting feedbacks off on your Ghosts, EMP is just absolutely deadly.

I've seen my Protoss opponents rage quite against me right after their 200/200 army gets hit with about 10 EMPs and they all melt soon after. They don't even wait for the counter.

You know what else is really mean? Putting units on the towers and if they don't come snipe you with a couple of units first, you have a Ghost just behind the towers ready to move up and EMP their ball as they move out towards your base. Half the time they turn back to let shields recharge and you can move forward and take more map control.
i'm diamond, i've been talking to all my terrands friend lately who are diamond/masters and they been doing all ins ( mainly marine tank and banshee) against toss because its impossible to compete against coloss ht chargelots army (terran need to have godly micro to win) i win most of the battle but the protoss wear me down because its easier for him to reinforce + templars are insanely good against MMM late game on equal bases.

MrKnives

It is actually kinda funny how Terrans never complained about Zerg for the past year. Of course every Terran just thought the matchup was completely balanced and Zergs are just whiny bitches (some kind are) and that Terrans are just above such pettyness.
Now it's getting a little bit harder to beat Zergs and Terrans are showing their true colors. I can't win a single ZvT on the ladder without some jackass Terran feels the need to inform me how fucking broken my race is.
Welcome to our world.

Sorry about the rant.

Edit:

gnight ^^

Jeff-DSA

MrKnives said:
It is actually kinda funny how Terrans never complained about Zerg for the past year. Of course every Terran just thought the matchup was completely balanced and Zergs are just whiny bitches (some kind are) and that Terrans are just above such pettyness.
Now it's getting a little bit harder to beat Zergs and Terrans are showing their true colors. I can't win a single ZvT on the ladder without some jackass Terran feels the need to inform me how fucking broken my race is.
Welcome to our world.

Sorry about the rant.

The difference is that Zerg already had most of the tools to win, they just weren't using them. Yeah, the Infestor buff made it easier, but Infestor/Brood Lord has always been a magic formula for destroying Terran. If you can't get that deep down the tech tree, Muta/Ling/Bling is just as deadly.

Protoss is a bit more immune to it thanks to Blink, HTs/Archons, and the fact that Banelings are nearly as devastating.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
Welcome to our world.

Sorry about the rant.
well, i don't think most zergs agree with u.

NKnST.jpg

Yoshichan

Toterran sounds like a tauren marine

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
StopMakingSense said:
I'm just really surprised Puma wasn't on contract with TSL.
Kinda shocked by that. Teams usually require contracts with some sort of exit clause.

"It's not just TSL, but most Starcraft II teams right now run on trust and faith instead of contracts. Because of many similar occurances [to Puma's case], we plan to make contracts mandatory.

Puma was with us for ten months, and where we provided him and his teammates with a good practice environment, food, etc, and developed him as a player. The team didn't take any of the prize money a player earned, all of it went to the player. Unfortunately, Puma wished to join EG so we released him.

To acquire a player, contacting the original team regarding a transfer is a natural courtesy and the way things should be done. That is why I am very angry, and why it is huge topic in Korea right now. The Korean SC II association is preparing some measures, and I believe something similar won't happen again.

EG claims that Puma approached them first regarding joining their team, but this is not true. As I know it, EG's owner contacted Puma first. Not only Puma, but other Korean players."

BigAT

Jeff-DSA said:
For me personally it's the exact opposite. ZvP is my best matchup and ZvT is my worst.

Won

MrKnives said:
Welcome to our world.

Sorry about the rant.

I hate Mutas since beta and I'm proud of it!

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
well, i don't think most zergs agree with u.

NKnST.jpg

I never said Zergs stopped whining. I just said Terrans joined the club.
I'm actually ok with everyone whining about everything. Makes things quite balanced in my eyes.

Also Jeff what makes you think Terran doesn't have the tools to beat Zergs back to the stone age? Maybe they just need time like Zergs.
That's why this is just Terrans whining at least in my eyes. Zergs were just the same crying they can't do shit even though they sorta had the tools already. Also the Infestor change helped a lot and some terran nerfs helped too. So it's not even like the tools were the same then as they are now.

Won said:
I hate Mutas since beta and I'm proud of it!

They can be pretty freaking annoying :D

ksan

Jeff-DSA said:
The difference is that Zerg already had most of the tools to win, they just weren't using them. Yeah, the Infestor buff made it easier, but Infestor/Brood Lord has always been a magic formula for destroying Terran. If you can't get that deep down the tech tree, Muta/Ling/Bling is just as deadly.

Protoss is a bit more immune to it thanks to Blink, HTs/Archons, and the fact that Banelings are nearly as devastating.
Are you joking by any chance?
You're saying that the infestor buff was the only patch that changed ZvT?

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
I never said Zergs stopped whining. I just said Terrans joined the club.
I'm actually ok with everyone whining about everything. Makes things quite balanced in my eyes.

Also Jeff what makes you think Terran doesn't have the tools to beat Zergs back to the stone age? Maybe they just need time like Zergs.
That's why this is just Terrans whining at least in my eyes. Zergs were just the same crying they can't do shit even though they had the tools. Also the Infestor change helped a lot, also some terran nerfs. So it's not like the tools were the same then as they are now.

They can be pretty freaking annoying :D
the only thing i can whine about tvzis the broodlord-infestor combo which is insanely hard to deal with.

tvp in the other hand is a insanely hard for terran these days. hopefully they revert the emp nerf.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
the only thing i can whine about tvzis the broodlord-infestor combo which is insanely hard to deal with.

tvp in the other hand is a insanely hard for terran these days.

Do you think Ghost have any potential in the matchup? I've seen a lot of good ghost EMP + Sniping action lately and it's pretty cool. And Terrans are still new with using snipe against broods and infestors so I can see it only getting better.

Yoshichan said:

Im finding it ok as Gold right now(previously 1-5 Diamond before Masters came out) that I'm doing ok. A majority of my zerg opponents are High Diamond/Plat since the ladder freeze and I'm finding they can't get mutas, or only a handful. Since switching to 11-12 2 rax into 2 factory hellion expand then marine/3 tank push, I almost love getting zerg now.

Plat/Diamond zerg seem to almost panic with heavy BF hellion presence and go for roach heavy builds which is easy to deal with when I switch to tanks. They seem to keep banelings in the middle of their ball and I just focus fire them with tanks which are spread. i just keep a small set of marines with each grouping of tanks since I don't have the micro with terran to split just yet.

Losing more to protoss now that I can handle Zerg though. Terran I have switched from 1-1-1 tank marine pushes with a banshee or viking to BF hellion\viking\banshee into BC if it goes late game and winning a lot more as I get familiar with the build.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
Do you think Ghost have any potential in the matchup? I've seen a lot of good ghost EMP + Sniping action lately and it's pretty cool. And Terrans are still new with using snipe against broods and infestors so I can see it only getting better.
it requires an insane good micro and depend on the zerg making a mistake ( he can fungal the ghost and kill them easily).
demuslim had already stated that mass ghost against tier 3 zerg is a myth.

Jeff-DSA

ksan said:
Are you joking by any chance?
You're saying that the infestor buff was the only patch that changed ZvT?

No, I'm saying it made it easier. There were other factors, but that seemed to be the nudge that made people really start using the dang things.

it requires an insane good micro and depend on the zerg making a mistake ( he can fungal the ghost and kill them easily).
demuslim had already stated that mass ghost against tier 3 zerg is a myth.

If I scout or even suspect that Infestors are going to be coming into play, I always get Ghosts and research their upgrades. I also make sure to get turrets out at the chokes so that Infestors can't get near my bases unnoticed.

Sometimes you have to cloak a Ghost to get it close enough to attack without fungal getting it first, but if that what it comes to, it's worth learning how to manage it.

But for the most part, EMPs do quite well against Infestors. Snipe is decent, but people seem to think it's godly for some reason. My guess is those people aren't Terran players.

Q8D3vil

If I scout or even suspect that Infestors are going to be coming into play, I always get Ghosts and research their upgrades. I also make sure to get turrets out at the chokes so that Infestors can't get near my bases unnoticed.

Sometimes you have to cloak a Ghost to get it close enough to attack without fungal getting it first, but if that what it comes to, it's worth learning how to manage it.

But for the most part, EMPs do quite well against Infestors. Snipe is decent, but people seem to think it's godly for some reason. My guess is those people aren't Terran players.
cloak is not that good either because of how fast it drains the energy (ghost need to have a full energy to make it really effective).

anyway. i rather have more tanks mid game than ghosts.

Jeff-DSA

Q8D3vil said:
cloak is not that good either because of how fast it drains the energy (ghost need to have a full energy to make it really effective).

anyway. i rather have more tanks mid game than ghosts.

Well, I only use the cloak to bring them up from the back, EMP, and get them out. It's not something you can throw on and let it drain energy.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
terrans can whine when i acually see evidence that they're attempting to use all their tools. >_>

zerg use every single unit, building and upgrade for something, so lets see terrans start finding rolls for their obscure stuff

zlatko

Banned
Repair guy came today at 8AM to do his magic. Diddle around with shit for about an hour, and then went on his merry way. 10 minutes after he left the net went back to being a piece of shit and the phone had no dial tone. He comes back at 5PM, diddles for another 30ish minutes, says he fixed it and we're good to go.

Been on without a d/c for about 10 minutes. Please God let this be a permanent fix.

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
terrans can whine when i acually see evidence that they're attempting to use all their tools. >_>

zerg use every single unit, building and upgrade for something, so lets see terrans start finding rolls for their obscure stuff
brb, gonna do a ladder game with ravens, reapers and battle cruisers

Holden

Pandaman said:

well ya, since zerg has the less units, and cheaper, alot easier to tech switch too.

Mairu

Corran Horn said:
http://www.askcorran.com/11378859-no-spin-zone.jpg[iMG][/QUOTE]
This is really interesting to listen to. It'd be amazing if they could've got Coach Lee on the show and Milkis translating back and forth to him :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom