• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Pandaman said:
he also said the infestor change was the most fundamentally good balance change the game has had.

I think it was a good change in the long run, it's just been real tough on Terran. IdrA wants them to be able to cast fungal while burrowed, which would break the game I think. I tease about them needing to be nerfed, but I don't think they need to do anything there. I actually find Brood Lords in conjunction with them to be the problem, but Infestors are actually ok as they are.

I'm not sure what the change needs to be, but if you nerf the Infestor for Terran's sake, it makes that Protoss matchup too hard for Zerg once more. And if you buff Ghosts, Protoss is screwed.

Possibly we just need more time. I've been using Ghosts and Ravens a lot more. It's been paying off to some extent (just won a match thanks to Raven play against a Zerg), but the learning curve just feels steep.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
I think it was a good change in the long run, it's just been real tough on Terran. IdrA wants them to be able to cast fungal while burrowed, which would break the game I think.
he also said fungal should be a slow and not root. idra doesnt want current fungal cast from burrow.

I tease about them needing to be nerfed, but I don't think they need to do anything there. I actually find Brood Lords in conjunction with them to be the problem, but Infestors are actually ok as they are.

I'm not sure what the change needs to be, but if you nerf the Infestor for Terran's sake, it makes that Protoss matchup too hard for Zerg once more. And if you buff Ghosts, Protoss is screwed.

Possibly we just need more time. I've been using Ghosts and Ravens a lot more. It's been paying off to some extent (just won a match thanks to Raven play against a Zerg), but the learning curve just feels steep.
completely new approaches to a matchup always has a steep curve.

i think terrans are having trouble because tanks are just so powerful up until the broodlord stage at which point they're suddenly a liability. any tankless play would be weaker than normal marine tank until you reach that lategame, so t's are mostly sticking to marine/tank and trying to win before the lategame, like zergs used to do vs toss. burrow roach is an obviously powerful answer to 6gate, but it has no real efficient next step so we just had to be willing to sacrifice that strength for something that was more geared to survival.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
he also said fungal should be a slow and not root. idra doesnt want current fungal cast from burrow.
tUilN.gif

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
yeah, lets link balance to top 20 in the korean ladder.
if its mean anything then it means that terran player practice harder than the other races which is true in korea since most of the good players play terran.

or just terran is "better"

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
ya

TvP: 232W 195L 54.3%
PvZ: 133W 134L 49.8%
ZvT: 215W 226L 48.8%

From all GSL games untill july 15, stop whining plz :(
so basically, terran still favoured in both matchups.

and they bawwwwwwwwwwwwwww so hard

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
Destiny's stream is starting to bor me.

he just does the same build every game.
its alittle annoying how he complains about getting metagamed when he's like that though

Jeff-DSA

Pandaman said:
so basically, terran still favoured in both matchups.

and they bawwwwwwwwwwwwwww so hard

Starting when? Why don't you just talk about from the latest patch on? Anything that's been patched out is irrelevant at this point.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
yeah, lets link balance to top 20 in the korean ladder.
if its mean anything then it means that terran player practice harder than the other races which is true in korea since most of the good players play terran.

This reminds me of what Zergs always said when they won a tournament.
The GSL starts look actually surprisingly balanced.
Is that all GSL's or the latest ones? Code S + Code A.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hi Guys,

It is very sad for me to announce that FXO and Sheth have parted ways on mutual grounds.

FXO as an organisation has a vision, and Sheth as a player and person has a vision, and these two do not coincide.

Sheth will remain a friend of mine, and we are supportive of each other. However we feel it best to end our business relationship.

I look forward to seeing sheth at major tournaments and wish him the best of luck in his journey.

FXOBoSs

Thought this might happen, surprised it didn't happen with moonglade sooner, but i suspect the teams strong australian ties are making that not happen

Q8D3vil

HolyCheck said:
Thought this might happen, surprised it didn't happen with moonglade sooner, but i suspect the teams strong australian ties are making that not happen
they have koreans now, who need NA players.

Zzoram

Q8D3vil said:
they have koreans now, who need NA players.

Sheth was a really personable guy for PR. However, if he's going to be on FXO he has to go where they send him, it's a job. If he's not willing to spend time away from his family, he's not fit for the job.

I think Sheth bailing out on FXO before their last GSTL match is what caused this. He was their best player and left them hanging.

Mairu

HolyCheck said:
Saw it coming. what's going on with moonglade anyways? Last I remember he had personal issues or something that stopped him from joining the team in Korea

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mairu said:
Saw it coming. what's going on with moonglade anyways? Last I remember he had personal issues or something that stopped him from joining the team in Korea

I don't know, I havent had enough time to be following the SEA scene recently, I know he's appeared in a few SEA tournies, I plan on having a bit of a catch up on the scene this weekend if I get time.. so hopefully some answers will appear!

sc2sea.com is the place to be

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not surprised to see Sheth let go, couldn't handle being away from his family for a few weeks is pretty pathetic when the job requires you to travel.

MrKnives

Ikuu said:
Not surprised to see Sheth let go, couldn't handle being away from his family for a few weeks is pretty pathetic when the job requires you to travel.

Not sure I would use the word pathetic. We don't have any information on what is happening with Sheth's personal life.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ikuu said:
wasnt sheth the guy who never went to tourneys in the states pre sc2 mlg too? i remember people calling him a hacker cause he never went to lans.

Pandaman said:
wasnt sheth the guy who never went to tourneys in the states pre sc2 mlg too? i remember people calling him a hacker cause he never went to lans.

I heard his Mormon parents wouldn't let him go to tourneys

Jeff-DSA

PhoenixDark said:
I heard his Mormon parents wouldn't let him go to tourneys

I highly doubt that. If he really is LDS, family stuff would be pretty important though, whether it was hard times or not.

Deadly

Pandaman said:
Oh yeah that's him. They had like bets going and shit on SotG whether he'd finally appear at a LAN event. I think his parents being mormon is correct.

Zzoram

So apparently FXOpen is a currency trading site? WTF? Why are they so involved in Starcraft 2 sponsorships? They sponsor like 4 teams.

Ikuu

MrKnives said:
Not sure I would use the word pathetic. We don't have any information on what is happening with Sheth's personal life.
He shouldn't have joined a team that had been planning to move into Korea/Asia if he didn't want to travel.

Q8D3vil

Zzoram said:
So apparently FXOpen is a currency trading site? WTF? Why are they so involved in Starcraft 2 sponsorships? They sponsor like 4 teams.
FXoBoss and his boss like sc2 so they decided to create a team.
the imba.fxo is sponsored from the EU division so it got nothing to do with them.

if they have their own racing team i'm sure they can afford 10 sc2 teams.

MrKnives

Ikuu said:
He shouldn't have joined a team that had been planning to move into Korea/Asia if he didn't want to travel.

Except we have no idea for how long they have been planning it. Sheth has been with them for some time already.
Also things change, stuff happens. You can't predict everything.

Ikuu

They've been talking about a team house in Malaysia for ages now, and I'd imagine they would have shared their goals when they went to sign him. He also quit his team in the middle of their season, should have seen the season out and then left.

Given how Sheth has been "behaving" lately, it is easy to imagine they let him go due to his severely questionable passion for his job(!).

You can be manner and nice all you want, but if you don't put in the work required by your employer then good riddance.

... or you know, alternate answer: EGSheth *trollface.jpg*

Tntnnbltn

MLG Anaheim Open Bracket has been released.

Debuts, Reappearances, Veterans
The Open Bracket in Anaheim is so full of talent that it's practically a Championship Bracket of its own. Spanishiwa will be coming, for his first MLG ever. So will Millenium's ToD, dignitas.Merz, and Warcraft 3's SonkiE. These newcomers are joined by some players who we haven't seen on the Pro Circuit in a while: WhiteRa, Jinro, and Ajtls (LastShadow). Welcome back! And in addition to SlayerSAlicia, SlayerSGanzi, and ChoyafOu, two more Korean players will be hitting the Open Bracket: FnaticRain and FXOz (Twilight).

Apart from new and long-lost players, the Open Bracket is also packed with veteran talent. Here's just a sample of who'll be battling for the title the hard way:

• Liquid`Tyler
  • FXO.qxc
  • Fenix
  • SixJax's Vibe, Major, Skew, and dde
  • EG's DeMusliM, Axslav, LZGaMeR & StrifeCro
  • HDStarcraft
  • Destiny
  • coL's FireZerg, Ryze, Catz, and Stalife
  • Agh
  • KawaiiRice
  • ThisIsJimmy
  • Pokebunny
  • FnaticTT1

For the full player list, visit: http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-anaheim-starcraft-2-full-player-list/

Winners of the open bracket will play against the 20 seeded pool players.

MLG Pool
  • Naniwa
  • IdrA
  • SlayersSMMA
  • SLush
  • KiWiKaKi
  • SeleCT-
  • LiquidRet
  • EGiNcontroL
  • LiquidHayprO
  • LiquidTLO
  • SjoW