• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

A documentary-like cut with some interesting shots of Day[9], Tasteless, and Artosis six years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9NYaE0AH4

Damn. Sean seriously needs a work-out trainer and a better diet. Someone please tell him to start working out. The taco, burrito, pizza, soda, hot pocket, and other junk food diet is really not doing his body any good.

I would say he looked pretty hot then.

MrKnives

cubicle47b said:
I agree. The community deserves contempt without trying to be nice about it.

Except he isn't trying to be nice with the smiley. Just to irritate more and it's working.

claviertekky said:
A documentary-like cut with some interesting shots of Day[9], Tasteless, and Artosis six years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9NYaE0AH4

Damn. Sean seriously needs a work-out trainer and a better diet. Someone please tell him to start working out. The taco, burrito, pizza, soda, hot pocket, and other junk food diet is really not doing his body any good.

I would say he looked pretty hot then.

Yea, his fan club is drooling over this image

day9WCG.jpg

V_Arnold

I am totally on EG's side on this issue, by the way.
And I would not even do something like that if I were in their place.

Still, the way TLO enjoys himself and mocks competition (EG) on a TeamLiquid site, and Tyler sprouts his usual self-righteous stuff, it is really bad, bad stuff.

TeamLiquid is the place that is untouchable, yet they love to jab anyone that they feel might "need some scolding". That might be awesome if they did not had a team in the same time. Tyler is a very symphatetic person for me unless if it comes to TL debates, he is not a good debater or a fair one in TL site.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
EG are in the wrong here, especially with the way they've acted after the fact.

Ikuu said:

What? Recruiting players without contracts? Going after Milkis was stupid but their transaction with Puma was fine (assuming they sign him).

V_Arnold

Ikuu said:

Nope, EG is not in the wrong. TeamLiquid's usual suspects just waited for another opportunity to pounce upon them full force for anything.

They were about to(!) recruit someone without a contract, with a proper salary and travelling options, and that deal was about to be finalized when all this happened.

MrKnives

Announcing the first players to fight it out at the 2011 European Battle.net Invitational

On August 6 – 7, some of the best European StarCraft II players will clash at the 2011 European Battle.net Invitational. The competitors invited to this event will have the chance to prove their skills to a new audience as this event comes to the Polish capital Warsaw for the very first time.
There’s a lot to fight for, including the $24,500 (US) prize pool and a chance to represent Europe at the 2011 Global Battle.net Invitational at this year’s BlizzCon in Anaheim, California. With so much at stake, every player is bound to fight tooth and nail.
Check out the first two StarCraft II participants attending this year’s 2011 European Battle.net Invitational

Check out the first two StarCraft II participants attending this year’s 2011 European Battle.net Invitational:

cloud-naniwa-featpic-290.jpg

Nickname: NaNiWa

Name: Johan Lucchesi

Race: Protoss

Team Name: Team Dignitas

thorzain232_long.jpg

Nickname: ThorZaIN

Name: Marcus Sebastian Eklöf

Race: Terran

Team Name: mousesports

Edit: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2670955#blog

MrKnives

ultron87 said:
Going after the translator seemed pretty dumb.

Grabbing Puma was fine.

To me it's actually this.
I don't mind them getting Puma. It's just how they have handled themself after that. If you are worried about your image, make a freaking statement before 24h. If you don't care, don't complain about what people post about you.

MrKnives said:
To me it's actually this.
I don't mind them getting Puma. It's just how they have handled themself after that. If you are worried about your image, make a freaking statement before 24h. If you don't care, don't complain about what people post about you.

Hire a Publicist!!!!

They shouldn't worry about their image. This is the same community where a completely neutral PR statement ("Team Liquid chose to not participate") turned into a complete shitfest. The people on that forum will continue hating them regardless of what they do. If the truth was that Puma had made the whole thing up to get out of the TSL house 80% of the forum would still be talking shit about them.

cubicle47b said:
They shouldn't worry about their image. This is the same community where a completely neutral PR statement ("Team Liquid chose to not participate") turned into a complete shitfest. The people on that forum will continue hating them regardless of what they do. If the truth was that Puma had made the whole thing up to get out of the TSL house 80% of the forum would still be talking shit about them.

Which is where a publicist would tell them to not just respond via their TL account. If you are referring to the EG Master's Cup, then there is more to the story than just what you stated. Unfortunately, like I stated previously, as eSports becomes a more legitimate business and industry, the accessibility of the players dwindles.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Awesome Animals said:
Which is where a publicist would tell them to not just respond via their TL account. If you are referring to the EG Master's Cup, then there is more to the story than just what you stated. Unfortunately, like I stated previously, as eSports becomes a more legitimate business and industry, the accessibility of the players dwindles.
there really isn't.
EG set server requirements and TL opted out because they wanted to lag the place up from kr.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
V_Arnold said:
Nope, EG is not in the wrong. TeamLiquid's usual suspects just waited for another opportunity to pounce upon them full force for anything.

They were about to(!) recruit someone without a contract, with a proper salary and travelling options, and that deal was about to be finalized when all this happened.
They could have had the decency to enquire with his team about his contract status, and then make a move. I think people should show a little more class and decency, but this is EG we're talking about.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
wow, im watching a bw stream, and im watching protoss microing 1 zlot vs lings. Makes me sad,
how bad this game is
brood war lings...

the good old days where 6 lings could actually kill a cannon.

zargle

claviertekky said:

College!
Or stereotypical gaming lifestyle

Jeff-DSA said:
Have you guys seen my basement? Obviously the only real choice is my house.

Yours was the one with the arcade machines, right? Then hell yes. GAF.zargle approves of this choice.

Pandaman said:
there really isn't.
EG set server requirements and TL opted out because they wanted to lag the place up from kr.

Right. It turned into a shitfest because Tyler wasn't happy that EG didn't explain why Team Liquid chose not to play (it's not their job and the statement they gave was completely neutral, not even slightly loaded like "Team Liquid refused to play" or anything like that) and degraded to Tyler whining about EG PR on his forum instead of 'being real'. It was fucking embarrassing just like this shit with Puma is. EG didn't conform to the sacred Korean standard of performing fellatio on Puma's coach when talking to a player without a contract who wanted to talk to his coach himself. How dare them.

Tntnnbltn

Hugoboss21 said:
i thought blizzard added a tie option?
I don't want no tie.

The stalemate detector kicks in when there is no income, no production, no killing of units for 3 minutes.

Right now I am mining long distance across the entire map using a single drone. It takes 102 seconds to make a round trip from the hatchery to the mineral patch and back. It is a gold expansion, so the minerals are worth 7 each trip. There are 4527 minerals left at the expansion, so that is 646 trips. Given that each trip takes 102 seconds, that is 65892 seconds of mining time, also known as 1098 minutes or 18.3 hours.

If he is still around in 18.3 hours I'll start mining from the blue mineral patches.

Holden

Tntnnbltn said:
I don't want no tie.

The stalemate detector kicks in when there is no income, no production, no killing of units for 3 minutes.

Right now I am mining long distance across the entire map using a single drone. It takes 102 seconds to make a round trip from the hatchery to the mineral patch and back. It is a gold expansion, so the minerals are worth 7 each trip. There are 4527 minerals left at the expansion, so that is 646 trips. Given that each trip takes 102 seconds, that is 65892 seconds of mining time, also known as 1098 minutes or 18.3 hours.

If he is still around in 18.3 hours I'll start mining from the blue mineral patches.

make more workers?

ultron87

Tntnnbltn said:
I don't want no tie.

If you can mine why can't you kill him?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tntnnbltn said:
I don't want no tie.

couldnt you mine like.. 350 minerals and build a hatch there?

ultron87

The only way I can imagine that you'd be on a map and have a definite tie where you are still mining with that many minerals available is that a Terran is flying a building and there is literally no gas anywhere on the map.

zargle

Tntnnbltn said:
I don't want no tie.

I kind of want a replay of this, at least to see how it got to this point.

Holden

apparently it was a monobattle, and he couldn't make any units that shoot air, and apparently his opponent droped so he won :D

EG's mistake was in not making any official announcements or dealing with the PR fallout. At the end of the day it's not their fault for signing someone who wasn't under contract and didn't have a salary. If people want to call SC2 a sport, they need to treat it as such. If a player isn't under contract they're an unrestricted free agent.

While I'm concerned this may negatively effect Korean players being allowed to come to foreign tournaments, I'm glad Korea got this wake up call. If they want to compete with the big boys they need to step up on the business side of things; it's not like the foreign companies are masters of business acumen either - hell EG's mismanagement of this situation proves that. If SC2 doesn't grow in Korea and spawn more things for Korean players to do, then the future looks very bleak for them because clearly the rest of the world isn't waiting for them to catch up.

Tntnnbltn

Hugoboss21 said:
make more workers?
That would make the minerals run out faster!! I want to prevent the stalemate for as long as possible. That way there's a chance he'll DC/leave and I'll get the win.

ultron87 said:
If you can mine why can't you kill him?
It is a Monobattles map. The only units my team can make are Banelings, Reapers, Seige Tanks and Roaches. None of which can shoot up.

The map:

wgkLh.png

Fake edit: I WON!!!

Click for piccy:

http://i.imgur.com/VRbyD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OCvKl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom