• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol MVP and DRG? Looks like there is some more MLG money heading back to Korea. I hope the foreigners can step up and be competitive but it's going to be tough with that sort of competition.

MrKnives

TLO and FXOBoss appereantly aren't taking EG's side at least :eek: If anyone is interested.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=246495

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=246495&currentpage=2#22

Thought Rekrul brings another view on things, like always.

On July 22 2011 19:41 Rekrul wrote:
Coach Lee is a hypocrite and a liar. The way he stole Fruitdealer and Tester from OGS in the past was far worse in terms of deceit, lack of business ethics, and backstabbing.

It's not my place to go into details, but all I can say is: Karma is a bitch.

Rekrul is pretty deep in korean esports scene but not sure how that works because I kinda always thought that FD and Tester were the ones who created TSL.

Also pic after FXO vs IM game, no spoilers:

x2_74d9423

Haunted

Rekrul is so blunt he makes Idra's statements look like those of a shy shut-in.

EG did nothing wrong by asking Puma directly. Good headhunting.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MrKnives said:
TLO and FXOBoss appereantly aren't taking EG's side at least :eek: If anyone is interested.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=246495

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=246495&currentpage=2#22

Thought Rekrul brings another view on things, like always.

Rekrul is pretty deep in korean esports scene but not sure how that works because I kinda always thought that FD and Tester were the ones who created TSL.

Also pic after FXO vs IM game, no spoilers:

x2_74d9423

WoWnStarcraft Jungwon Chae @
@FXOpeneSports oops GOM really wanna meet you and wanna make much discussion . Is there any plan to come back Korea!?

I doubt it's anything big since he's asking him over twitter... but still.. interesting, given boss' hoping that the korean scene can tighten up over this, a good advice session i'm thinking

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
@FXOpeneSports oops GOM really wanna meet you and wanna make much discussion . Is there any plan to come back Korea!?

I doubt it's anything big since he's asking him over twitter... but still.. interesting, given boss' hoping that the korean scene can tighten up over this, a good advice session i'm thinking
boss doesn't want the korean scene to tighten up, he was worried that would happen.

Haunted

HolyCheck said:

Boss assures MrChae that their players are safe to be sent to overseas competitions.... so he can poach Nestea next time. :p

MrKnives

Awesome Animals said:
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the business side of all sports, and that includes eSports, but everything I've seen so far is just pointing fingers, and from the discussion held hear about tonight's episode of Weapon of Choice was that of a fan being accusatory of EG. That isn't business other than the fact that it gives DJWheat's Weapon of Choice a ratings boost.

I think someone said it earlier, get someone in a more official position in Korean eSports to go against the EG Director, or w/e he is. Regardless, the fact of the matter is that EG did nothing wrong. They identified a rising star, found out that he wasn't under contract, mostly because if you aren't in Code S, you are playing long hours for no pay, and offered him a better opportunity to make a living playing Starcraft. And honestly, it seemed inevitable. If Trickster and Fruitdealer both left, and now Puma has left as well, I think it suggests that TSL wasn't a well run team.

I like DjWheat but sometimes it feels like he a Spokesperson of EG. But he did apologize on how badly he did in latest WoC.

On the bolden part I completely agree. This AG vs Milkis was stupid. Milkis just translates text on TL and AG is a professional PR guy.

On the whole taking Puma I don't know what to think really. Business is business but this is definately burning some bridges with koreans. They culture is different and that should be considered when doing things like this.
The thing that bothers me is how EG handles things. Like in this Milkis thing. He just translated the text that was already out and he got a target in his back.
Both Sixjax.Evoli and FXOBoss both respond very fast when something in their team happen but it took like a whole day to hear anything from EG. If they feel they were mistreated with the thread. Respond with your side of things.

I think EG just weren't expecting it getting out this fast and got caught their pants down and are sour for the bad press.

EG plays to win, I like that. But I'm surprised they didn't have something in hand to respond with. What did they think would happen.

MrKnives said:
I like DjWheat but sometimes it feels like he a Spokesperson of EG. But he did apologize on how badly he did in latest WoC.

On the bolden part I completely agree. This AG vs Milkis was stupid. Milkis just translates text on TL and AG is a professional PR guy.

On the whole taking Puma I don't know what to think really. Business is business but this is definately burning some bridges with koreans. They culture is different and that should be considered when doing things like this.
The thing that bothers me is how EG handles things. Like in this Milkis thing. He just translated the text that was already out and he got a target in his back.
Both Sixjax.Evoli and FXOBoss both respond very fast when something in their team happen but it took like a whole day to hear anything from EG. If they feel they were mistreated with the thread. Respond with your side of things.

I think EG just weren't expecting it getting out this fast and got caught their pants down and are sour for the bad press.

EG plays to win, I like that. But I'm surprised they didn't have something in hand to respond with. What did they think would happen.

It all comes back to poor PR really. A single publicist would do wonders for EG. If they choose to approach their team in a business like fashion, then they need to act like it. They can't have their players, the faces of their franchise, run their mouths off whenever they feel like it, and they need to be prepared to issue statements as prudently as possible when they complete a deal, or a transfer, or an acquistion or w/e.

Now paired with this comes the idea that player accessibility will decrease, which I think is part of the problem these teams have with reining their ethletes in. They understand how important that is for their teams image, but they need to find a middle ground, and the fans of Starcraft need to look at this more like a real business than just a hobby where some people make money.

MrKnives said:

EG pays for his shows and he is a long time friend with the EG manger who co founded his current media website, so EG's boss pays for the guy's bills. Looking for an unbiased opinion from him in this matter is foolish, and then bringing some random translator in the show didn't make much sense.

WedgeX

Banned
We should just start team.GAF and run it better than the current pro teams. We've got awesome masters players, and we could make this a legit esport by having a minor league team with all the rest of us metallic league players.

But then we'd need sponsors and all that.

OR we could be a non-profit team. Hmmmmmmm.

EG's response should have been:

1. We haven't signed Puma yet
2. Puma wanted to talk to his coach instead of us
3. You're going to criticize absolutely everything we do anyway so fuck you and fuck stupid Korean teams that don't have their players under contracts and don't pay them

edit: What's the Korean equivalent of a weeaboo, anyway?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GAF.MARINECHAN

edit: oh, right, I'm in EU. nevermind.

MrKnives

GAF.Knives
GAF_Knives

The _ kinda looks silly on everyone. Kinda like the idea for funnies. Or are we going to next GSTL? I mean I could easily all-kill IM.

Also I Know EG kinda sponsors Wheats shows but that's only ITG?
I know he has been friends with Scoots but I feel that's ok. Slasher is keeping them in check on Lo3 but ITG can be horrendous bias towards EG sometimes. WoC has never been bias until today.
Same as I feel that SotG can be bias towards MLG sometimes.
Lo3 is still the best podcast around.

cubicle47b said:
EG's response should have been:

1. We haven't signed Puma yet
2. Puma wanted to talk to his coach instead of us
3. You're going to criticize absolutely everything we do anyway so fuck you and fuck stupid Korean teams that don't have their players under contracts and don't pay them

edit: What's the Korean equivalent of a weeaboo, anyway?

lol, it should have been the first two, and then silence. Don't let iNcontroL or IdrA or any of the other members speak about the subject, at all. Or hold off until the deal is complete before saying anything, and that goes for both sides, TSL, EG, Puma, etc.

And my biggest issue with team.GAF is what to do about my name:

GAF_AwesomeA
GAF_A.Animals
GAF_AA
GAF_AwsmAnmls
Which one?

Q8D3vil

cubicle47b said:
I find Live on 3 to be really boring as is the new State of the Game.
sotg need better guests and it will funny again.
bring someone interesting like thorzain, major, catz, qxc, drewbie or even destiny.

also, GAF.Devil
easy

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Zzoram said:
So apparently FXOpen is a currency trading site? WTF? Why are they so involved in Starcraft 2 sponsorships? They sponsor like 4 teams.
lol Never was curious why their icon is a bear/bull?

Keikaku

You guys . . . I remember suggesting a GAF clan/team, like, ages ago and being completely ignored.

If we do it:
  • GAF.Keikaku
  • GAF.Plotter

The '.' is the only way to go.

Jeff-DSA

Tyler and Geoff taking some "friendly" jabs back and forth. I really hope this doesn't just make everybody mad at each other. It would be dumb if all the players just got catty.

WedgeX

Banned
Keikaku said:
You guys . . . I remember suggesting a GAF clan/team, like, ages ago and being completely ignored.

If we do it:
  • GAF.Keikaku
  • GAF.Plotter

The '.' is the only way to go.

We all spoke of it during a gaf night or three.

I'm down with GAF.WedgeX or WedgeX.GAF or GAF.Wedge

Or WedgeGAF if no symbols.

Now, we need some managers. AA, Keikaku, dizzy
and mrmr dang it!
Imma looking at you.

V_Arnold

Jeff-DSA said:
Tyler and Geoff taking some "friendly" jabs back and forth. I really hope this doesn't just make everybody mad at each other. It would be dumb if all the players just got catty.

Where? Link please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom