• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

twofold said:
players.jpg

208 apm is very low? What?

Look, simply put -- Terran macro mechanics are the easiest of the three races, macro decides the majority of games in Master league and below - therefore, unless you're at the tip top, Terran is the easiest to play since it's easier to build more stuff. Protoss is marginally more difficult than Terran due to the Warp Gate mechanic. Zerg is the hardest.

He has gone as low as 5 APM during some event in Korea, according to QXC. It's not an average, everyday event or anything, but he is not always high APM.

Tournament General Rules

• Only people who can obs the game are the casters and the streamer. I want lag issues to be kept to an absolute minimum.
  • The map pool is as follows:
    [*]MLG Xel'naga Caverns
    [*]MLG Metalopolis
    [*]MLG Typhon Peaks
    [*]MLG Terminus RE
    [*]MLG Shakuras Plateau
    [*]GSL Crevasse
    [*]GSL Taldarim Altar
    [*]GSL Dual Sight
    [*]GSL Belshir Beach
  • Each player will veto 1 map from the pool. Both players agree on 1 map to start, loser picks for the others.
  • For today only: Matches will be cast/played based on a first-come basis from the NeoGAF chat channel/Mumble. Are you in game? Can you play? You're in. Today is primarily a day to test the stream and for casters to find their feet, so we don't have a strict schedule. Expect anywhere from 2-4 matches to be played.
  • Paz, please contact Pankaks and me with a good time for you to play. Same goes for Spl1ter.
  • mescalineeyes, sorry for mis-typing your name. Are you still interested in contributing to the prize pool? I seem to recall you saying that you had a contribution that MrMister missed.

ultron87

Keikaku said:
He has gone as low as 5 APM during some event in Korea, according to QXC. It's not an average, everyday event or anything, but he is not always high APM.

I think it is just that he doesn't spam at the start like a lot of people do.

Keikaku

ultron87 said:
I think it is just that he doesn't spam at the start like a lot of people do.

QXC said that this happened after the early game. I think they were having some kind of bet inside FXO about how low he could go.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Won said:
Building stuff is easy with all three races. There I said it. Deal with it.
This.

Side 1
Elcheris vs. Yoshim
Ultrabum vs. Corran Horn
Q8D3vil vs. MisterAnderson
Moemoland vs. Terproerg
Paz vs. Pankaks
Vaporak vs. Ultron87
MescalineEyes vs. Trasher
Chanstaa vs. Aylinato

Side 2
Striek vs. Zargle
Spl1ter vs. Slavik81 Splinter won't win a single game
BigAT vs. Hazaro
Wedge7 vs. ShallNoiseUpon
Holden vs. Jasonng
SteveWinwood vs. Twosocks
Xenien vs. Lathentar
Pandaman vs. Vasperknight

Chanstaa will win the tournament

edit: I need to play more. WoW has kinda rekindled my interest with the new patch though

Trasher

PhoenixDark said:
edit: I need to play more. WoW has kinda rekindled my interest with the new patch though
youarealreadydead.jpg

Can someone please explain when these matches start? I can't find it anywhere lol.

Q8D3vil

# MLG Xel'naga Caverns
# MLG Metalopolis
# MLG Typhon Peaks
# MLG Terminus RE
# MLG Shakuras Plateau
# GSL Crevasse
# GSL Taldarim Altar
# GSL Dual Sight
# GSL Belshir Beach
i guess i know which map i'm going to veto :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Clearly a terran map

Yoshichan

My Body Is Ready

Thank you Trickster :D

NPPsV.jpg

edit: and yes, that's a CRT mf'ers!

V_Arnold

Why would you poison your brain with CRT?
Do not believe for a second that you have good enough senses to notice the difference between an <5ms LCD and a CRT.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Why would you poison your brain with CRT?
Do not believe for a second that you have good enough senses to notice the difference between an <5ms LCD and a CRT.
I stopped listening to you once you were about to brainwash me about LAN.

You're not serious about not knowing why I have CRT, are you?

Yoshichan

Trickster said:
Is that a foxer sign i see? :p
So even in complete darkness, with shitty lightning and a crappy camera, you managed to see that ._.? I knew I should've just moved it away.

edit: I bet you were using an LCD-screen to see that!

Trickster

Yoshichan said:
So even in complete darkness, with shitty lightning and a crappy camera, you managed to see that ._.? I knew I should've just moved it away.

edit: I bet you were using an LCD-screen to see that!

Indeed, I live in the future after all.

Yoshichan

jasonng said:
You upgraded your keyboard before your monitor?
Is this a trick question or a really bad joke?

jasonng

Yoshichan said:
Is this a trick question or a really bad joke?
Not at all, I bought two LCD monitors before I replaced my shit mac keyboard. I don't see how the quality of a keyboard takes priority over the quality of a monitor.

Yoshichan

jasonng said:
Not at all, I bought two LCD monitors before I replaced my shit mac keyboard. I don't see how the quality of a keyboard takes priority over the quality of a monitor.
I've probably "upgraded" or "switched" my keyboard over 25+ times while still having the same screen... I've also "switched" my chair probably five times and my mouse 15+ times...

I'm still wondering if this is a trick question or what. Did you forget who you're talking to :p?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Shrug. I have a cheap 10 dollar keyboard for the last 3 years, and before that I had another cheap 10~ dollar keyboard that I only broke due to me cleaning it and not waiting to replug.

I cant stand the feel of most keyboards and this is good enough.

On the subject of keyboards what is a good one to get? I also have a crappy one that has seen better days (it is stained with Pizza). I replaced my mouse a few months ago and that was one of the best decisions I made in awhile (Razor Blackadder).

Yoshichan

Void Insanity said:
On the subject of keyboards what is a good one to get? I also have a crappy one that has seen better days (it is stained with Pizza). I replaced my mouse a few months ago and that was one of the best decisions I made in awhile (Razor Blackadder).
Try a mechanical keyboard out and see if you're satisfied.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corran Horn said:
Shrug. I have a cheap 10 dollar keyboard for the last 3 years, and before that I had another cheap 10~ dollar keyboard that I only broke due to me cleaning it and not waiting to replug.

I cant stand the feel of most keyboards and this is good enough.

I wish I had an actual keyboard to use. My laptop's keys don't have that satisfying 'clack' that desktop's have :(.

jasonng

Yoshichan said:
I've probably "upgraded" or "switched" my keyboard over 25+ times while still having the same screen... I've also "switched" my chair probably five times and my mouse 15+ times...

I'm still wondering if this is a trick question or what. Did you forget who you're talking to :p?
I did. I'll never question your logic again because I'll never figure you out.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Hmm Tyler no longer on GM ladder, yoink, added to friend list.

lol samesies

jasonng said:

Speaking of Macs, do you use boot camp and play SC on Windows or OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom